Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Its the same as class/spec changes. Everyone will complain that *their* race got less updates than the rest, even if objectively false. Mark my words, you'll see night elf players complaining they could have got more.

As long as this is an ongoing process and more customizations arrive down the line, I'm fine with what we've got so far. That said, it's true some races got more than others, so some complaining is expected.
    Suppose that is definitely true, though there are also classes and races that got left out in the cold a bit, I just don't think Worgen is one of them. Races like Gnomes or Goblins definitely seems like the big losers of the great customization expansion while Humans and Velves feel like the biggest winners.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    it's 1.9GB if you got Beta and it's 20gb if you didn't got into Beta, source : my pleb ass that never gets into a beta.

At least in PTR I can tinker with the customization options and the class changes, is pretty much all I wanna do before launch anyway.
    Uh no. I definitely have Beta. But as usual, something's always fucked up with the install. Have had similiar situations with every PTR since getting this PC. Sometimes the launcher even thinks the entire thing is borked and decides to redownload an absolute fuckton for no reason.
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2020-08-11 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Pre-patch 15th/16th September, week after last cloak upgrade? Or maybe this time they want more testing on PTR, so it will be longer than month?
    end of sept early oct i would guess. should havbe a release date from gamescom week of August 27th

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    end of sept early oct i would guess. should havbe a release date from gamescom week of August 27th
    Should also be prudent to consider how long the Pre-Patch will last once it is live. We have usually had 4 weeks long ones, but there is precedent for a 6 week one with Cataclysm.

TBH I bet Pre patch release around 15th of September, launch middle of October.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I mean, didnt Worgen get pretty much everything they wanted? I could have sworn they got that separate character customization option for human and worgen form, as well as ful colors.
    That's.. pretty much nothing. Worgen are Worgen, not alt-humans. It's nice that they got human customization, but that still doesn't compare to actual Worgen customization, which is minimal. Skin and eyes. They needed new ears, new hair, new beards, maybe even some kind of face style thing (although only humans got that, so I doubt it)

But they could've made a separate scar option that isn't tied to faces, or chipped teeth much like Orcs got chipped tusks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Its the same as class/spec changes. Everyone will complain that *their* race got less updates than the rest, even if objectively false. Mark my words, you'll see night elf players complaining they could have got more.

As long as this is an ongoing process and more customizations arrive down the line, I'm fine with what we've got so far. That said, it's true some races got more than others, so some complaining is expected.
    I main a Night Elf and I've pretty much been saying that Night Elves, Orcs, Tauren and Humans by far got the best treatment of all.

How do you copy the files from live to PTR for it to update faster and less GB?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    How do you copy the files from live to PTR for it to update faster and less GB?
    Nowadays it should be automatic.

Somnambulist [NYI] Every 1 hour spent in a rest area grants you increased gold from the next World Quest you complete. Stacks to 5.

Mhm, gotta get a few extra characters into Night Fae.

Inb4 "Night Fae mandatory for Goblin!"

And possibly the best thing in Shadowlands:
    Impeccable Style - Theotar will cover the costs of your Transmogrification. Mandatory!

Is there a list of previous PTR build to new expansion dates somewhere?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Expansion

This doesn't show PTR builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentronium View Post
    Is there a list of previous PTR build to new expansion dates somewhere?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Expansion

This doesn't show PTR builds.
    I checked that page, did not find what you were looking for either, but this was amusing in the TBC tab:

- System requirements for both editions remained virtually unchanged compared to the original World of Warcraft, with the notable exception of the increase in the required network bandwidth (from 56k dial-up to a "broadband connection")

Good old days lol!

I found it actually:

For Legion it was:
    7.0.3 21935 Test Test June 14, 2016 June 12, 2016 First patch 7.0.3 PTR build

For the rest go here:
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Public_client_builds
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-08-11 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I checked that page, did not find what you were looking for either, but this was amusing in the TBC tab:

- System requirements for both editions remained virtually unchanged compared to the original World of Warcraft, with the notable exception of the increase in the required network bandwidth (from 56k dial-up to a "broadband connection")

Good old days lol!
    Ugh, it was bad enough to have a crappy 256 kbit connection back when I started playing let alone dial-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentronium View Post
    Ugh, it was bad enough to have a crappy 256 kbit connection back when I started playing let alone dial-up.
    Hehe yeah, other times for sure.

Updated the post with the PTR to Live pre patch builds btw, you can find them here:

Legion pre patch ptr build was 5-6 weeks before it was on live servers.

Wheeee PTR is coming, I'll be able to play with the new customisation options! Also, I love the new cosmic map.

Updated the post with the PTR to Live pre patch builds btw, you can find them here:

Thanks. I was searching with "PTR" silly me.

I guess if we assume a conservative 6 weeks until Pre-patch is live then another 4 weeks for the Pre-Patch then we are looking at a late October release. Seems to line up pretty well. Would also give 2 weeks of max corruption ot play with in BfA before it is gone forever.

Is it me or do the new maps not look HD? What happened to them doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    Is it me or do the new maps not look HD? What happened to them doing that?
    I have been wondering about that as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I have been wondering about that as well...
    Could be a problem with extracting the image files from the PTR, or WoWhead otherwise lowering hte resolution on it for some reason. A less likely, but still possible reason would be Blizzard shipping a lower resolution image to the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I guess if we assume a conservative 6 weeks until Pre-patch is live then another 4 weeks for the Pre-Patch then we are looking at a late October release. Seems to line up pretty well. Would also give 2 weeks of max corruption ot play with in BfA before it is gone forever.
    Yeah, sounds about right that. Late October, early November at latest then.

We have had August, September, November and December releases in the past, but we have never had an October release so maybe this is it^^

But what I am wondering about now, when will the pre patch be open for testing on PTR now that we got the files?

NVM, its live.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-08-11 at 09:02 PM.