I don't think Elune belongs to a specific plane of magic, she's way too connected to equal parts Life and Light (and likely Arcane too: this is hinted at by the gardener in Nighthold, as well as the bird, human and owl imagery in Bastion which is actually Arcane/Order themed). More likely she is some kind of primordial creation god who may have birthed some of the planes of magic (or all of them, if the Night Warrior is any indication that she also has Death powers).

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I don't think Elune belongs to a specific plane of magic, she's way too connected to equal parts Life and Light (and likely Arcane too: this is hinted at by the gardener in Nighthold). More likely she is some kind of primordial creation god who may have birthed some of the planes of magic (or all of them, if the Night Warrior is any indication that she also has Death powers).
    You mean like the First Ones? Since they're said to be tied to the Pantheons like the Titans and Death.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You mean like the First Ones? Since they're said to be tied to the Pantheons like the Titans and Death.
    She could be, but it would be strange if she has her fingers in that many magics if there is one First One per magic type. I think she might be at the very very top as a creation god.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, if you want a prophecy, I think it's very likely that "The Crown of Light" will end up being a real thing that Turalyon puts on during a cinematic to signify he is the new king.

"For the Alliance... no... for the Light!"

or

"For the Light... no... for the Alliance!"
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2020-09-05 at 09:24 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A little off topic, but thought i'd share regardless.

For people that like the main loading screen, someone on reddit made some wallpapers:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...lpaper_out_of/

Formerly known as Arafal

Seriously...

How fucking old is Zovaal? And how did this asshole manage to confuse and fuck with every single cosmic being here?

Jailer was just lucky that Sargeras lost. If Sargeras succeeded, the entire universe would have fallen to his Dark Pantheon and overwhelming Legion armies.

Do you really think it is just a coincidence that all these cosmic powers (Light, Void, Death) are making their move right after Sargeras defeat? The creepy kid in Drustvar even said something like "with the defeat of the burning ones, the balance has been broken".
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Question for you beta people: Am I correct to assume that you lose your transmog and mounts from one covenant if you decide to drop it and pick a different one?
    No. You cannot use them, but you keep them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Jailer was just lucky that Sargeras lost. If Sargeras succeeded, the entire universe would have fallen to his Dark Pantheon and overwhelming Legion armies.
    I don't think that would actually have been a problem for him at that point. We might even have delayed his plans by reducing the incidences of death.

Do you really think it is just a coincidence that all these cosmic powers (Light, Void, Death) are making their move right after Sargeras defeat? The creepy kid in Drustvar even said something like "with the defeat of the burning ones, the balance has been broken".
    He's still unlucky. He's fighting the Players.

Hell, the man saw us activate the relic of the First Ones, and shook his entire life over that!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No. You cannot use them, but you keep them.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think that would actually have been a problem for him at that point. We might even have delayed his plans by reducing the incidences of death.
    I feel like the ending of creation would've aided the Jailer more tbh. The Universe is gone = 50000 times for Anima. Therefore, he's unleashed.

He's still unlucky. He's fighting the Players.

Hell, the man saw us activate the relic of the First Ones, and shook his entire life over that!
    That is the sad part of being a villain in fiction, you get to look all badass and menacing, perhaps you can even have a very cool monologue, however you will most likely die to the main character.

But its fine, hopefully the Jailer goes out in style. And by that I mean that Blizzard uses his concept art design as his ultimate form.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    Ummmm, no? It's no coincidence that when one major player falls, its competitors start making moves. It's kinda natural.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

So, basically, here's what's going on:

The Jailer set all of this up, caused the Nathrezim to manipulate every cosmic threat, which lead to the Legion, the Death of the Pantheon, the Light and Void aiming for Azeroth in their conflict, the creation of the Scourge, etc...

We defeated the Scourge, the Legion, and the Old Gods, and now the Jailer is aiming for our world. We beat him (Cause, of course we do), and then we gotta deal with the Light and Shadow...

Light and Shadow are 10.0. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ummmm, no? It's no coincidence that when one major player falls, its competitors start making moves. It's kinda natural.
    It was a rhetorical question....

So, basically, here's what's going on:

The Jailer set all of this up, caused the Nathrezim to manipulate every cosmic threat, which lead to the Legion, the Death of the Pantheon, the Light and Void aiming for Azeroth in their conflict, the creation of the Scourge, etc...

We defeated the Scourge, the Legion, and the Old Gods, and now the Jailer is aiming for our world. We beat him (Cause, of course we do), and then we gotta deal with the Light and Shadow...

Light and Shadow are 10.0. Simple.
    Well, Life is kind of murky and may pop as antagonists at any time: see the Botani messing around in Azeroth post-Mag'har. Arcane likes us because Titans.

Yeah this and the Shadows Rising epilogue definitely show Sylvanas is far too gone now. There's no way there'll be redemption for her.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess Varimathas knew about all the 4d chess going on and how Sylvanas was messing with dark powers. Guess he didn't see the end of his and the Natherzeim's scheming.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I guess Varimathas knew about all the 4d chess going on and how Sylvanas was messing with dark powers. Guess he didn't see the end of his and the Natherzeim's scheming.
    Varimathras uprising was before Sylvanas started working with the Jailer (which was after killing herself at the end of WotLK).
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Well, Life is kind of murky and may pop as antagonists at any time: see the Botani messing around in Azeroth post-Mag'har. Arcane likes us because Titans.
    It's more that Arcane has something of a shortage of active players, really. Unless you count the PCs.

- - - Updated - - -

Given their Death-association, killing him might not have done a whole lot other than get him out of Antorus. Though i could imagine he's going for a somewhat quieter assignment for now.

Wasn't the Botani a Titan thing though? Also, why would Life be an antagonist when this Expansion is based off Life and Death?

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't even 4-D Chess anymore. This is 28-D Chess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Please say psyche blizzard, I hope this is just a placeholder for a cooler set for us to properly commemorate the prepatch, not some catchup gear made arbitrary by the Icecrown bosses. Idk if the conscript set has been used before, I cant find it under 'aspirant' so I'm not sure. Not only that, there's some unused recolors of the BFA season 1 elite sets just sitting there! just give that to us!
    They should've given us the season 1 elite recolors (by this I mean the 3rd elite recolor that never made it into the game). For some reason they decided to just go with the 'tier 2 recolor' of the pvp set v_v.

So dumb!

Wasn't the Botani a Titan thing though? Also, why would Life be an antagonist when this Expansion is based off Life and Death?
    No, Aggramar made the Breakers to balance out the Botani. Due to this, Orcs are also of Titanic origin, being descendants of the Breakers.