Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    snip
    I mean, there's a reason why people who started in Wrath were called Wrathbabies.

While there was some smaller scale stories that were really cool (Ulduars lore in general), a lot of the the grander scheme stuff was just baffling and awful.

And let's be honest, everything people complain about these days stems from the fact that it was started in Wrath and people praised it. Welfare Epics? Faceroll Dungeons? Elitist Communities? Old Raids being irrelevant? All started in Wrath.

The fact that people honestly say that Wrath was a good expansion when endgame consisted of grinding dailies for meaningless rewards, grinding heroics for welfare epics and raiding, when the expansion had literally two raids and a half raids (No, I am not counting Naxxramas) and when the story was awful, I am really wondered if people actually care about the quality of the expansions or if they just want stuff they recognize.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    ToC was something different they were trying.

Not at launch they weren’t.

One boss being easy doesn’t mean the whole raid was a joke. HC LK is one of the hardest bosses in wows history.

Naxx was meant to be an easy, entry level raid. That was by design.

All your points are invalid.
    the only invalid here is you , besides ulduar wotlk was when the bad things began

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    the only invalid here is you , besides ulduar wotlk was when the bad things began
    Nice non argument there kiddo. Wrath was wows peak. Your opinion is invalid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

15+ Year Old Account
    ToC was something different they were trying.

Not at launch they weren’t.

One boss being easy doesn’t mean the whole raid was a joke. HC LK is one of the hardest bosses in wows history.

Naxx was meant to be an easy, entry level raid. That was by design.

All your points are invalid.
    No, all his points are valid. We are utterly sorry to destroy your imagination. It's great that you had a great time, really and I hope that you have a great time again.
    It's just objectively a very bad expansion.

I hope 9.0 won't repeat this because they think exactly the same: they didn't deliver the theme in wotlk (plus crap raids [except ulduar] crap 5 mans and freaking tend patch) and thus must try again. Similar to how they realized that they didn't deliver Outland and the legion theme and thus made two more xpacs
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Once you get past OmG iTs OlD sO It MuST Be GoOd and actually think with any sort of critical approach, yes.

Two (read: half) of its raids tiers are:
    1) A literal copy paste of an already existing raid, nerfed to oblivion
    2) A two room dungeon with raid bosses stuck into it

It had probably the most faceroll at appropriate gear level 5-mans/heroics in the entire history of the game, with joke raids to match

Idiots may meme about BfA's story quality, but lmao:
    •"Hurr durr, I'm Arthas, I'll let you get away this time! And also the next ten times, please continue to slowly kill hundreds of my soldiers for my 5D chess plan to raise 25 people!!!"
    •"Hey I'm Malygos the dragon aspect of magic in a dimension of near infinite arcane power I can't handle a dozen mortals and some fucking red drakes"
    •Hey go slaughter this entire tribe of trolls for no fucking reason on a continent where every dead body is a potential soldier for the enemy, thank god Arthas is too retarded to do anything but sit and wait to be dead
    •"I'm Thrall, I have an entire army of soldiers who have been fighting with me for a decade, but I better put this arrogant child I just met a few months ago in Nagrand doing fuck all in charge of the war effort against the Lich King since I knew his dad."
    •Hey guys, let's stop fighting the Lich King for a while, and set up a tournament in the middle of fucking icecrown glacier to prove who is the best option to storm Icecrown, thank god Arthas is still being a retard not reinforcing or raising anything, and only sent a knight, two val'kyr (that for some reason Tirion just had backstage) and Anub'arak to attack.
    •ThErE mUsT AlWayS bE a liCh KinG because the scourge will go crazy without one and for some reason it's a better idea to curse someone else into eventually going insane and hostile than to finish wiping out the scourge!!!

Add in a zone that is literally worthless, four zones that are like 70-85% blank flat space or blank rocks, the start of professions being shitty, a world PvP zone more broken than Ashran, etc.

Yes. It was an expansion on the far lower end of the spectrum, remembered fondly because it's when a bunch of people started. Man the shitstorm that would happen if something like Wrath launched today.
    Honest trailer: WotLK edition

Also, don't ever forget the travesty named Violet hold - instead of sprawling catacombs like in W3TFT, we got a single dome. Worse, we got it the second time in Legion.
    Last edited by Mahmeya; 2019-10-24 at 10:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, there's a reason why people who started in Wrath were called Wrathbabies.

While there was some smaller scale stories that were really cool (Ulduars lore in general), a lot of the the grander scheme stuff was just baffling and awful.

And let's be honest, everything people complain about these days stems from the fact that it was started in Wrath and people praised it. Welfare Epics? Faceroll Dungeons? Elitist Communities? Old Raids being irrelevant? All started in Wrath.

The fact that people honestly say that Wrath was a good expansion when endgame consisted of grinding dailies for meaningless rewards, grinding heroics for welfare epics and raiding, when the expansion had literally two raids and a half raids (No, I am not counting Naxxramas) and when the story was awful, I am really wondered if people actually care about the quality of the expansions or if they just want stuff they recognize.
    Pretty much. It's an expansion where many reached the final level, acquired flying, and participated in raids for the first time.

That's why Wrath was the first time WoWs growth stagnated?

wrath was wows peak by numbers of playes because it was easy you imbecile thats why

Wrath was pretty damn good. I certainly don't miss resist fights and having to constantly balance Hit and Expertise, but it was a solid expansion, there was always something to do, you could actually finish content and move on from it, and 10-player raiding gave my casual guild more than enough challenge, while the 25 pugs that always fell apart after Deathbringer were a great source of extra gear.

Arthas had way too much exposure, sure, and things from later expansions like scenarios, LFR and the more widespread use of phasing would've helped the game a lot (Before anyone shits the bed over what I just typed, LFR would've allowed everyone to see the end of all the raid storylines, thus freeing Blizzard up to get rid of all the other raid difficulties, in turn letting them slow iLevel creep).

That's why Wrath was the first time WoWs growth stagnated?
    You should be more concerned with how the subscriber count dropped like a stone when Cataclysm made everything vastly more difficult and tedious.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    I like that part.
    It also aligns very well with a previous leak. Which just polarizes its likelihood as just a copycat or more legitimate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    I like that part.
    WOW: HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON

fuck la, i would not mind that, on paper sounds fun and epic

yep i am a dragon fan, sorry not sorry

Man it's going to be super depressing if the Dragon Isles aren't flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Wrath was pretty damn good. I certainly don't miss resist fights and having to constantly balance Hit and Expertise, but it was a solid expansion, there was always something to do, you could actually finish content and move on from it, and 10-player raiding gave my casual guild more than enough challenge, while the 25 pugs that always fell apart after Deathbringer were a great source of extra gear.

Arthas had way too much exposure, sure, and things from later expansions like scenarios, LFR and the more widespread use of phasing would've helped the game a lot (Before anyone shits the bed over what I just typed, LFR would've allowed everyone to see the end of all the raid storylines, thus freeing Blizzard up to get rid of all the other raid difficulties, in turn letting them slow iLevel creep).

You should be more concerned with how the subscriber count dropped like a stone when Cataclysm made everything vastly more difficult and tedious.
    Cata did fine for the first three quarters in a year.

It was the subscriber peak, not the quality peak. They are only partially related to each other .

Ah, Wrath-bashing like it's 2008, really that is part of the nostalgia, it wouldn't be the same without it.

I'm a wrath baby btw, thanks.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Another vague, riddlelike leak. FAKE.
    razor is using my account as a vessel after he and his family had to flee the country after a run in with the fbi, trust me this is real

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Oh shit, something is happening!
    https://prnt.sc/plsb7z

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    WOW: HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON

fuck la, i would not mind that, on paper sounds fun and epic

yep i am a dragon fan, sorry not sorry
    Expansion afterwards will be "date your dragon" (they grow up fast)

Okay so I am making a bunch of assumptions but let's say that we are going to dragon isles expansion and everybody's problem seems to be dragons not being able to fill the expansion themselves and having some issue with enemies so I will happily Beavis super nerd that covers this

The red dragonflight will of course fight the Bolvar not just because he is the ultimate force of awesomeness but also because he hates them lake literally hates them during the mount quest you got an achievement for slaughtering them so he could easily go to the dragon isles and wants to wipe them out and stop them from being able to give the queen dragon her ability to pump out babies faster than blizzard pumps out microtransactions

For the bronze flight it's obviously the infinite that's just how it goes

We then have the green which would probably come under assault by the nightmare and I only say this because every time we go into the emerald dream that nightmare has more and more hold on it but there is also the fact that their new leader seems to have a very Hands-On approach to the world of mortals and might become the next crazy b**** that tries to control us

The blue could simply be a power struggle for leadership with another group of blue dragons that has recently been found and wants access to their arcane nomicon

The black would fight the twilight and you would have the black prince talked about how without their corrupted leader the twilight can be lead to a world peace and redemption and they deserve chance at it just like he did

And then we get to the true enemy which is the proto Drake that was risen and now threatens our world

Even the Bolvar might have a problem with galakrond this gigantic proto-drake that would make even deathwing seem small just based on his skeleton

Can we beat all of these forces to the source aspects power end give new meaning and a new patron Titan to the dragonflights of azeroth

Find out next September in aspects of azeroth

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Oh shit, something is happening!
    https://prnt.sc/plsb7z
    Should we use the new one recolored for The Bolvar? Didn't save it and by now it's probably a hundred pages past.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?