Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    There is also the chance that they didnt fleshed out the models for female Night Fae at the point of creating the Announcement trailer. With March its 4 months later, so there is a good chance of having them included now.
    Maldraxxus and Ardenweald were definitely not as up to date. It makes sense why Revendreth was done first the same reason Nazmir was done first for BFA, the first raid zone gets completed first.

If the IGN preview is to be believed Revendreth was actually fully complete, or something close to it, shortly around Blizzcon. They just showed Bastion because I guess it looks more afterlife-y?

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Maldraxxus and Ardenweald were definitely not as up to date. It makes sense why Revendreth was done first the same reason Nazmir was done first for BFA, the first raid zone gets completed first.

If the IGN preview is to be believed Revendreth was actually fully complete, or something close to it, shortly around Blizzcon. They just showed Bastion because I guess it looks more afterlife-y?
    Revendreth and Bastion also are more compact on their theme, meanwhile Ardenweald is like a 50/50 with a life-y lush forrest and a spooky drustvar like nightmare forrest. And Maldraxxus might look pretty different overall, maybe looking different with each important ruling Warlord of the Necrolords.

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    If next week there isn't a public build I will eat a shoe or something.

SS or it didn't happen!!

3+ Year Old Account
    If next week there isn't a public build I will eat a shoe or something.
    I'll buy a lottery ticket if there actually is one next week lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I'm just hyped man i really hope we get to see alpha this week.
    AftermathhUI: @ WoWinterface
    Dirty Twist: @ Soundcloud

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aftermathhqt View Post
    I'm just hyped man i really hope we get to see alpha this week.
    I think we almost certainly will.

I don't think we'll see a public playable alpha this week coming up, but one that is dataminable seems extremely likely
    Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will. That allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spices View Post
    I don't think we'll see a public playable alpha this week coming up, but one that is dataminable seems extremely likely
    Honestly, a dataminable build is more relevant to me, so I'm okay with that.

Even if alpha start this week it is already late for an aug/sept release.

I'm starting to fear a BfA 2.0 shit show

Please stop with the December release date predictions. Blizzard will literally never do this. They will never release an expansion so close to mandatory holidays for their employees.

November is the absolute latest the expansion launches.
    lol, i'm pretty sure Cataclysm launch was in december

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post

Based on it having a similar release date? Don’t be so dense.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Something I thought may have something to do with the "delay": they may be getting the Necrolords and the Night Fae up to AR shape (the Kyrians and Venthyr look very close as of Blizzcon) by launch (instead of having another Kul Tiran debacle).

That would of course mean modeling females for both races and getting their rigs up to speed.
    Maybe let's stop new races diarrhea for second and focus on customization, so we could have Wildhammer Dwarves, Jungle/Sand Trolls, High Elves, etc. And imo next races should be rather stuff like Ogres or Naga, not creepy stuff from literal afterlife, but it's just me.

And as I said before, Allied Races concept is kinda outdated in new leveling environment, because they don't have to make unique 1-12 experience for new "regular" race, since we will have "race agnostic" starting zone. Let's just drop stupid rep & "max level on different character to do unlock questline" requirements and just make.. you know, regular races.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Maybe let's stop new races diarrhea for second and focus on customization, so we could have Wildhammer Dwarves, Jungle/Sand Trolls, High Elves, etc. And imo next races should be rather stuff like Ogres or Naga, not creepy stuff from literal afterlife, but it's just me.

And as I said before, Allied Races concept is kinda outdated in new leveling environment, because they don't have to make unique 1-12 experience for new "regular" race, since we will have "race agnostic" starting zone. Let's just drop stupid rep & "max level on different character to do unlock questline" requirements and just make.. you know, regular races.
    I agree with you, blizzard must now focus on personalization by adding a maximum of options and that allied races also benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post

An August release was not even up for debate, neither was September imho. Who in their right mind would think Shadowlands will release in August? Like seriously. No way.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The jury's out on the Covenants as ARs as far as I'm concerned. Is it just the Kyrians for the Alliance and Venthyr for the Horde because they're blue and red respectively?

Or is it just the Kyrians and Night Fae for the Alliance because Uther and Cenarius are their named characters, and Venthyr and Necrolords for the Horde because their named characters are Kael'thas and Draka?

Or is this like standard Allied Races, where the Horde wanted ogres so the Alliance got fat people, the Alliance wanted High Elves so they got Void Elves, and both sides wanted more customisation for Draenei and Tauren so they got told to level new alts? If that's the case, then if you want a particular Allied Race, don't let Blizzard know.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

There should be no Allied Races from the Shadowlands, makes no sense for beings like that to join a faction, let alone adventure in Azeroth while being dead and wanting Anima.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    The jury's out on the Covenants as ARs as far as I'm concerned.
    If the Covenant races would later on become allied races Blizzard would have already announced that because it would have drastically increased pre-orders and sparked a lot more interest in Shadowlands overall. Additionally it doesn't make that much sense to bring anything from Shadowlands over to the "real" world. Plus why would you distribute the Covenants between factions in the end? Three huge Nos for Covenants as allied races imho.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Plus why would you distribute the Covenants between factions in the end? Three huge Nos for Covenants as allied races imho.
    Same reason Blizzard decided to retcon the Alliance helping the Nightfallen as having been done reluctantly.
    There's always the chance that they decide to make them ARs later on down the line to try and drum up subs.
    And since when did "it doesn't make sense" stop the Horde from containing groups of people the Horde themselves had fucked over?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    There should be no Allied Races from the Shadowlands, makes no sense for beings like that to join a faction, let alone adventure in Azeroth while being dead and wanting Anima.
    Are they really dead? Only Kyrians are confirmed to be. Also, if children of pure life energy can be playable, why can't death beings be?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Are they really dead? Only Kyrians are confirmed to be. Also, if children of pure life energy can be playable, why can't death beings be?
    The way I see it, the covenants shouldn't want to come to Azeroth and join factions. Their role is protecting/serving the Shadowlands and hunting down Anima to maintain the balance, it wouldn't make sense for them to leave in droves, plus i'd assume they are all dead, if the Necrolords and Kyrians are, why wouldn't the other two be.

Though I do understand your point, it just seems a bit weird unless they gave a very good explanation.