10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Well, I see the common opinion is that Alpha should come next week. Nice

As for me, I just hope that once it hits, their Battle.net servers won't catch fires, because according to this:

snip

Either Blizzard is having some big release I'm not aware of or something just crashed on the EU side.
    A lot of people are logged at the same time or it is DDOS. Crazy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Most of it is just expanding in options allready there. The new customizations arn't really new races in the wow sense of race, like elf, human, dwarf but more options for the stuff we allready have and more customisation options. Adding in stuff like manri or a whole new thing like broken would need both lore explorations or more options further within there own sub category. This is all gonna be the low hanging fruit stuff, more jewelry and the odd new tribe and subrace that dosnt diverge enough to be it's own allied race.
    None of those are new races, guy. Troll options already have the Farraki/sandfury, a tribe that has always been hostile and would need said lore explanations to explain why they are suddenly friendly and have young members living and being trained on Darkspear isle. They also seemingly have customization options for dark trolls, a subrace that was, as of BfA, completely wiped during Cataclysm except for a single specific individual.

Both of those require a much bigger explanation than say Frostborn, who are already on extremely good terms with the regular dwarves, explorer's league and Alliance characters; the man'ari, who Velen has continually tried to convince to seek redemption and who now have no Burning Legion or cause anymore, or Broken, who have been a part of the forces of Exodar since day 1. What would or wouldn't have been an allied race is irrelevant now that allied races are not a focused system. Wildhammer are easily on the same level as Lightforged Draenei, Highmountain Tauren, or Mag'har, yet they are a customization option in Shadowlands.

I also don't think any of those necessitate further options in subcategories. You could very easily do broken by just having (exactly like DK) a Broken face option that also switches the skin texture to the scarred/more emaciated look of the broken--the only other difference between the two is broken having slimmer biceps and thighs. Unless trolls are wildly outliers, I imagine many of these (Man'ari, Frostborn, Taunka) are potential options. You say it will be "low hanging fruit" but jewelry/hair/etc. requires more work than something like Frostborn or Man'ari, which just involve modifying existing, already mapped textures.

is anyone, besides streamers with inside info actually hyped? I'm like mildly excited at most.

Quote Originally Posted by TarzoEzio View Post
    A lot of people are logged at the same time or it is DDOS. Crazy stuff.
    Probaby DDOS or that new COD BR thing overloaded their servers (not sure, I'm not into BRs).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcinatoss View Post
    is anyone, besides streamers with inside info actually hyped? I'm like mildly excited at most.
    Well we haven't gotten a lot of info honestly, I think we are going to be more hyped when we actually see the content.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seems legit, yo!

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcinatoss View Post
    I'm mostly excited about datamining, but the actual expansion... I never got into any WoW test before, so chances are I'm not getting in now, so I don't see a point in getting excited for something I won't be able to play for like the next 6+ months.

So we can look forward to datamining next week?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Tune in next week to hear that the week after that is when it really starts.

Yes next week at least we are getting datamining 100% confirmed and alpha probably as well.

Quote Originally Posted by zeir View Post
    Yes next week at least we are getting datamining 100% confirmed and alpha probably as well.
    And necromancer hero class too. Toweliee confirmed that on Asmongold's chat. That's what Preach said.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I have 2 theories, even I do like to have dataminable build this week.

1. Corona probably delayed 1-2 weeks blizz dev thing and alpha / beta release since they were preparing shits to work from home.
    2. Riot just lifted NDA on Valorant, and there should be closed beta tomorrow and in order to get beta that starts 7th april u need to connect ur Riot account with Twitch. The game is on one end popular, and it would kinda make a lot of ppl watching the stream just to get key or to see the gameplay, so we could see delay also cus of that.

This is just my personal thinking, and I would rly love to have alpha dataminable build at least this week.

F&F Alpha invites going out next week. Bug your Blizzard F&F now if you have one. Seems it's gonna be public (no NDA), but won't say more until confirmed.

Feel free to laugh / ignore, just trying to help manage expectations.

It's about time to get this show on the road tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiven View Post
    I have 2 theories, even I do like to have dataminable build this week.

1. Corona probably delayed 1-2 weeks blizz dev thing and alpha / beta release since they were preparing shits to work from home.
    2. Riot just lifted NDA on Valorant, and there should be closed beta tomorrow and in order to get beta that starts 7th april u need to connect ur Riot account with Twitch. The game is on one end popular, and it would kinda make a lot of ppl watching the stream just to get key or to see the gameplay, so we could see delay also cus of that.

This is just my personal thinking, and I would rly love to have alpha dataminable build at least this week.
    Sounds more reasonable than Toweliee. I think it would be a good move from Blizzard to wait until Valorant gets less loud.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by acf View Post
    F&F Alpha invites going out next week. Bug your Blizzard F&F now if you have one. Seems it's gonna be public (no NDA), but won't say more until confirmed.

Feel free to laugh / ignore, just trying to help manage expectations.
    This is similar to something (very much unconfirmed but from a reliable friend) I heard late last week. :thinking:

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    This is similar to something (very much unconfirmed but from a reliable friend) I heard late last week. :thinking:
    Wtf is F&F?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wtf is F&F?
    Friends and Family
    Last edited by Valysar; 2020-04-02 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    Jesus how many more years do I have to be right before y'all believe me. What's its been since December Legion Demo after Blizzcon? Lol. Moving the goal post? Yeah that happens when it's been delayed like 3 times. Erm 4 maybe now? Anyways always excited to be right and give you chaps a shoutout as usual =)

- - - Updated - - -

PSA there is no NDA.
    I have become a believer of the Almighty towel but it doesn’t change the fact that I am still impatient and I want the game to be out I want us to know what’s coming I’m like a child before Christmas

I just really hope that when alpha launch is it’s not just one zone

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Friends and Family
    ...which in Blizzard terms means friends, family, fansites, streamers and other influencers.