MM Hunters are basically Arcane Archers as it is; just slap an optional graphical tweak on them and say they're MCing their pets instead of taming them.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    agreed, no for edgy rangers
    ill let it slide if they give other races demon hunters.

7+ Year Old Account
    We survived DK's and DH's, I'm sure we will be fine with Dark Rangers.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

One thing a lot of people aren't observing is that this really isn't a Horde or Alliance expedition into the Shadowlands. The major horde & alliance figures are staying on Azeroth, presumably to fight off rampaging undead all over azeroth while the player characters get *sucked into* shadowlands somehow. The only non-deceased previously-established characters who are venturing to the Shadowlands with the player characters are Tyrande & Jaina & (a horde character probably, which I haven't gleaned from the datamining) who, apparently get sucked into the maw with the players when Sylvanas destroyed the crown. (Heh, Classic Sylvanas) And the Players manage to escape the maw using the Heart of Azeroth. Then we get help from Shadris for the Alliance & Lilian for the Horde, to go rescue them.

Using the Heart to escape the Maw is likely the equivalent to retiring the legion artifacts. It uses the last of its power & is discarded.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2020-04-13 at 10:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    We're getting Thorgast tower and Revendreth zone this Wednesday/Thursday
    Already ? Perhaps
    One week is enough to test Bastion and starting zone (but my guess is next week )

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Already ? Perhaps
    One week is enough to test Bastion and starting zone (but my guess is next week )
    Well, these zones are not going away.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    We're getting Thorgast tower and Revendreth zone this Wednesday/Thursday
    I would guess we get one of those two - but not both.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    the most aggravating thing to me is people assuming hunters = dark rangers.
    I will never understand a portion of the playerbase that hollers for uniqueness and then marginalizes differences with broad strokes at the same time. Nuance facilitates uniqueness, broad strokes do not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Already ? Perhaps
    Well whatever the case, they know they need to get features/content into players' hands quickly so testing can take place.

Like Covenants with Soulbinds needs to be out within a month so people can see how the expansion will be at endgame and there can be a real discussion going on about covenant ability + soulbind balance.

Otherwise right now it's just a bunch of exaggerated hyperbole from one side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Like Covenants with Soulbinds needs to be out within a month so people can see how the expansion will be at endgame and there can be a real discussion going on about covenant ability + soulbind balance..
    Yeah true, I hadn't thought about it, the content endgame should be tested in depths and longer

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    One thing a lot of people aren't observing is that this really isn't a Horde or Alliance expedition into the Shadowlands. The major horde & alliance figures are staying on Azeroth, presumably to fight off rampaging undead all over azeroth while the player characters get *sucked into* shadowlands somehow. The only non-deceased previously-established characters who are venturing to the Shadowlands with the player characters are Tyrande & Jaina & (a horde character probably, which I haven't gleaned from the datamining) who, apparently get sucked into the maw with the players when Sylvanas destroyed the crown. (Heh, Classic Sylvanas) And the Players manage to escape the maw using the Heart of Azeroth. Then we get help from Shadris for the Alliance & Lilian for the Horde, to go rescue them.

Using the Heart to escape the Maw is likely the equivalent to retiring the legion artifacts. It uses the last of its power & is discarded.
    Not sure they'll force the heart thing when in Shadowlands BfA is optional. How do you sacrifice a heart of azeroth if your character leveled through burning crusade?

Quote Originally Posted by Castia View Post
    The maw plate set is genuinely tempting me to play a plate class. It’s that good.

Amazing job by Blizzard.
    Im wondering if it’s early catch up gear or torghast tokens

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Not sure they'll force the heart thing when in Shadowlands BfA is optional. How do you sacrifice a heart of azeroth if your character leveled through burning crusade?
    The explanation we are given in BFA was our link to Azeroth is weakened and I imagine the prepatch takes care of it

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    ill let it slide if they give other races demon hunters.
    I'm going to reply with

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    how about

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Im wondering if it’s early catch up gear or torghast tokens
    Considering it's labeled Maw Raid, they've said the main rewards are vanity stuff and legendaries (not so much armor) as well as the fact that there is likely a raid in the Maw... I'm going to guess it's armor that drops from a Maw Raid.

It's just in the game now because all the assets for a Maw Raid are going in at launch. Same as Nighthold.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Considering it's labeled Maw Raid, they've said the main rewards are vanity stuff and legendaries (not so much armor) as well as the fact that there is likely a raid in the Maw... I'm going to guess it's armor that drops from a Maw Raid.

It's just in the game now because all the assets for a Maw Raid are going in at launch. Same as Nighthold.
    Eh I’m not placing too much thought into their naming

What if we get a weekly event that is similar to the nzoth assaults and it’s called a “covenant raid” on the maw??

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Eh I’m not placing too much thought into their naming

What if we get a weekly event that is similar to the nzoth assaults and it’s called a “covenant raid” on the maw??
    It would definitely be the first time something's labeled a raid in Warcraft that isn't actually a raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it walks like a Raid, talks like Raid, then its a Raid.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If it walks like a Raid, talks like Raid, then its a Raid.
    Are we still on about "Maw Raid is probably just Torghast?"

Blizz is always accurate with their labels. If it says Maw Raid, it's a raid in the Maw.

Key word, Maw. Not Torghast Raid. The Maw covers a lot more than just Torghast.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Good god, mmochampion is calling the Stewards . . . "Swolekin"
    Tbh, they do look like moonkin. And that might well be a link to Elune.
    Wowhead too.

I think people are confused about the Maw Raid because the way Blizzard has built it up in the story, there's nowhere to go after the Maw because its so climactic looking and the idea is that the Jailer/Sylvanas/everyone bad dies there.

When in reality it's probably just the midpoint and the Jailer (or Sylvanas, who I really doubt makes it past the Maw Raid) continues on but leaves somewhere else.

I strongly doubt they will have Sylvanas run away AGAIN and this time it'll be the Jailer who gets to full power and leaves. Anyone that wishes to check out as soon as Sylvanas is dealt with is free to do so, but I think Blizzard hopes that by that point you give a shit about the Jailer and see him as a good end-of-expac antagonist.

3+ Year Old Account
    I think if there's going to be a resource for Necromancers it should be 'Anima' or 'Spirit/soul' power. Maybe they could use it in place of Mana too?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.