Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Question How will you manage playing both retail and classic?

Assuming you actually enjoy playing retail, currently BFA 8.2 , how will you manage playing classic when it launches?

The launch of classic will likely coincide with a lull in retail, before 8.3 is released, which will be good for players wanting to try out classic. However 8.3 will eventually release and there will be new content to clear and another expansion coming up, the time will come when you will have to ask yourself 'which game do I want to progress in?'

With the time commitment that classic will take to progress at a decent pace, it doesn't seem likely that that will leave much time for retail?

How do you plan to manage your playtime if you want to play both classic and retail? Are you going to alternate each time you play, focus on just classic until you clear it and go back to retail, or just play classic on Sunday mornings as a break from mythic+, raiding, and WQs?

Quote Originally Posted by dagonar View Post
    Assuming you actually enjoy playing retail, currently BFA 8.2 , how will you manage playing classic when it launches?

The launch of classic will likely coincide with a lull in retail, before 8.3 is released, which will be good for players wanting to try out classic. However 8.3 will eventually release and there will be new content to clear and another expansion coming up, the time will come when you will have to ask yourself 'which game do I want to progress in?'

With the time commitment that classic will take to progress at a decent pace, it doesn't seem likely that that will leave much time for retail?

How do you plan to manage your playtime if you want to play both classic and retail? Are you going to alternate each time you play, focus on just classic until you clear it and go back to retail, or just play classic on Sunday mornings as a break from mythic+, raiding, and WQs?
    Not installing Classic, end of story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic is a nostalgia trip for me, simple as that. I am still playing retail as my main game, but Classic will be the game I play when WoW gets a bit of a draught or I just wanna switch
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

OK, let me change my first sentance to 'assuming you enjoy playing retail, and are looking forward to playing classic........'

10+ Year Old Account
    Very simple. If I feel like playing the current game, I'll play it. If I feel like playing Classic I'll play that. I'm not going to "manage" anything.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

When I feel like playing one ill play it and when I feel like playing the other ill play that.

Not everything is rush rush rush.

(With that said the first month will likely mostly be classic).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Luckily for me blizzard has made the choice easy, i prefer actual mmo game design over a collections tab...

8.2 is pretty amazing, cant stop playing right now. But in a month whenever im done with dailies or bored of m+ ill play some classic - level my chars and try to enjoy the rpg part of it as much as possible, since gameplay is stupidly boring.

Also i really wanna do the 40 man raids at some point in the way they used to be.

I'll plan on playing both.

I am not in a rush to level on Classic. So I'll probably take my sweet time in between down time on BfA

I'll play whichever I feel like playing at the time. Don't raid in retail nor do I really plan to raid Vanilla, just want to level through old zones for nostalgia

I pretty much just log into retail to raid and to do the basic stuff I need to do to be raid-ready. That doesn't require tons of time. I intend to look at Classic as something to enjoy in a leisurely way, and may not try to raid there - so I don't see much of an issue with playing both. If there's a new patch in retail that means I need to scramble a bit to improve my gear or update my Alchemy recipes, then I'll prioritize retail. Otherwise I'll just meander between the two versions as I see fit, for as long as I'm still enjoying myself.

I will mainly play Classic. Might play retail for a week or so in 8.3, but I'll be mostly sticking to Classic. That's the only reason I'll be remaining subbed to WoW.

Might change in 9.0. Depends on how that expansion is, but BFA has been mostly a disappointment. A bit like how WoD felt, though I think I enjoyed WoD a bit more. I feel bad having missed out on the launch experience of Legion, as I only jumped in on that expansion near the end. Makes me a bad judge of the Legion expansion, but I did at least enjoy it more than WoD and BFA. Might've also been helped by having a new class, which always seems to help the perception of an expansion (though I guess the "lol pandas" crowd probably don't agree with that).

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Luckily for me blizzard has made the choice easy, i prefer actual mmo game design over a collections tab...
    Well said.

7+ Year Old Account
    Going to focus on Classic for the most part but still try log in each day on retail to do dailies and world quest's

by the time 8.2.5 launch's I will probably take a break from classic and put some work into that
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2019-08-01 at 01:17 AM.

>still playing retail after the huge dumpster fire BFA has been

yikes

10+ Year Old Account
    I will most likely switch to classic exclusively until at least 8.3. I'll play 8.3 alongside classic until I'm bored with it, then wait for the next expansion beta, then hopefully swap exclusively to the new expansion if it is a major rebound from BFA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Very simple. If I feel like playing the current game, I'll play it. If I feel like playing Classic I'll play that. I'm not going to "manage" anything.
    You radical. Next you'll be on about personal choice and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless 9.0 makes some major changes I will be playing classic exclusively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Classic after I've done all my world quests/LF/leveling for the week. I plan to just get as far as Goldshire and park my toon there to let him build up rest anyway and likely just play on weekends. I should be level 60 by fall of 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    Unless 9.0 makes some major changes I will be playing classic exclusively.
    me 2 10/char