Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Here's how the male worgen's new running animation looks like

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    The cata models are not so low res that the difference is drastic. It's cool I guess.
    100% disagree with that, these are heaps and bounds better in every way. It looks completely different. What game are you playing, lol?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

I noticed there are a couple faces I haven't seen before. At first I thought they are for DKs, but why would they have different eye colors if so?

Also: Aww, he looks so cute when he is getting strangulated.

Last edited by javierdsv; 2019-08-02 at 04:49 AM.

the only part i dont like about these models is how few times i will get the chance to use them while playing with my druid.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    I noticed there are a couple faces I haven't seen before. At first I thought they are for DKs, but why would they have different eye colors if so?

The one on the left is probably for Darius Crowley model.

Not sure why they decided to keep these ridiculous fangs. Genn's model doesn't have them. Also, cloaks are still unreasonably wide on them.

Other than that, the model is pretty good.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2019-08-02 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    Old worgen models were good looking already, but I'm glad they didn't change them as much as the other models.
    I'll never forgive them for what they did to humans and night elves.
    Apart from NE’s and Human’s both look incredibly better than their classic potato counterparts.

These worgen updates turned out fantastically. Much more animated and they don't look derpy anymore. Looking forward to rolling my first worgen character come 8.2.5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally they fixed the mouth from the female worgen. Still looks like a chihuahua though.

Female worgen is perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    Finally they fixed the mouth from the female worgen. Still looks like a chihuahua though.
    No. They really changed the muzzle and eye bulge. It got fixed. Check it out.

Last edited by 3vyan; 2019-08-02 at 06:19 AM.

As a female Worgen main, they look absolutely amazing! The more muscular neck and forearms combined with the toned-down T and A make her look like an intimidating werewolf and not some creepy furry sex doll gone wrong. Her idle pose looks noble rather than derpy. The Running Wild animations look cool and it doesn't look like she's flopping around during the run anymore. And of course, the face. SO MUCH BETTER. If I had one complaint it would be that I wish the ears were swept back like in the old model rather than pointing forward, as it makes some of the larger ears make the model look...well, batty. But there are a couple of short ear options that look good enough that it's not an issue.

Thanks Blizz, next time please don't leave a model looking like shit for a whole decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Not sure why they decided to keep these ridiculous fangs. Genn's model doesn't have them. Also, cloaks are still unreasonably wide on them.

Other than that, the model is pretty good.
    The original enemy Worgen model in SFK had those cross-shaped fangs. I wish we had that option for female Worgen (minus the purse dog snarl, of course).
    Last edited by Fumu; 2019-08-02 at 06:21 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not that I've ever played one, but the new female worgen models are drastic improvements over the originals. They still look a little doofy from certain angles, but the old models were downright hideous.

The male worgen and goblin models are less drastic, since the old models were alright, but the improved facial animations and slightly higher polycount is definitely noticeable. The worgen textures are quite a bit better, too, and the male worgen eyes look great. Hopefully they give female worgen a similar eye treatment, but since they didn't have glowing eyes before, I doubt they will.

7+ Year Old Account

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    Nothing new, as I see, worgens will wear "goat wool/ill bird feather", and their female representatives will remain silly, cheerful puppies. Oh, dear dear
    the only joy here is that skin can be hidden under clothes and puppy face is less noticeable with enough distance, but animations... that $hit again. I have deja vu with first animated NE/BE/taurens/trolls.m threads before eyes, absolutely same approach, same philosophy in dynamics: “I can’t run straight, someone, hold me now, or I'll going to crash into something, can't control myself”. No even need to go too far - ZT thread.
    Kathranis
    new female worgen models are drastic improvements over the originals.
    Nah, Cata's alpha art still is much(judging by pictures of "creation" window, it's much less noticeable than in first preview, especially in profile, which undoubtedly pleases, and also eyes glow maintain kind of well correction effect; so not "much" better, but have more feral ferocity) better. They could have made at least more squinted eyes, not so silly wide opened (may be, on some faces), so it return at least some charisma.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-08-04 at 05:26 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

As a long time Worgen fan (since Cata) I have to say these are massive improvements on both models. I now regret changing my DK to human.

One thing I really like about the polished run animation is how it reminds me of the cover for one of the Worgen comics.

Just looks more predatory and fearsome now, also the red eyes are nice and menacing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think they look great. I'll have to do some more testing in the actual game, but so far it seems like they've addressed all the broken and awkward animations (such as her omni cast with the invisible neck brace, the stompy run, the disappearing breasts in the double dagger attack, etc). Her face looks amazing, the neutral face being the default rather than the snarl should have been done from day 1. Her breasts have actual weight and sit properly on her body (they looked like ba dimplants before) and her bulging blurry eyes are gone. They even said we are getting eye glow! The faces look much more unique from one another and will only get more so when the individual face meshes are added, like all other races have to give different noses, facial fullness, etc.

I'm super pleased, and I've been complaining about female worgen basically since she was implemented.

Sig by Isilrien

This kind if updates are cool. But they are always cool for like 30 minutes than you completly foget about them anyway. It is alawys same people are like "omg look at this new model omg wow so cool totaly will play worgen" and couple minutes later they are like "w/e".

Why do female races stand upright but males are hunched?

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    This kind if updates are cool. But they are always cool for like 30 minutes than you completly foget about them anyway. It is alawys same people are like "omg look at this new model omg wow so cool totaly will play worgen" and couple minutes later they are like "w/e".
    It is great to see that you know exactly what other people feel about the updates.

Do we have any idea what the heritage set looks like for them yet?