View Poll Results: Which Class is Preferred?

Voters
502. This poll is closed
  • Dragonsworn

58 11.55%
  • Necromancer

115 22.91%
  • Tinker

173 34.46%
  • Ranger

33 6.57%
  • Bard

82 16.33%
  • Other (In case I missed one)

41 8.17%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If there has to be a new class, and I'm not convinced that there should be...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Feel free to use my Dragonsworn concept as a way the class COULD appear in WoW;
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pt-2019-(long)
    I like it, but Bronze looks to be over-powered to me...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Its not the Gnomes, it's the ability to fight inside a mecha;
    hmm...I see the appeal. But I prefer your dragonsworn idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    Obviously not. There are way more players wanting other classes.
    But are there more players unified behind another single class? If 20 people out of 100 want one thing, and 80 people want 'something else' but no more than 5 of them agree on what that would be, the strongest mandate is still those 20 people.

Outside of the sudden fixation on Necromancers I don't see a single class that rivals Tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    Obviously not. There are way more players wanting other classes.
    Whether that's true or not, that is not what this poll reflects, which is what you were referring to. Evidently, the sample is insignificant and this poll would be kinda meaningless no matter what, but you know.

hmf...witches...there's a thought I think I need to flesh out...

I'd really love to see bard and enchanter. Psionicist/telekineticist would be cool, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I like the concept.

However, I still don't see it working in a raid setting where the mechanics of the tank are very specific.
    Right, the main part of my post was that pet tanking would never work in WoW because of boss movement on raid fights.

- - - Updated - - -

So in both examples, Slightly less than half the people who vote want to see a Tinker.
    That isn't how single select polls work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    The other flights lost their immortality, abilities to reproduce, and much of their power. Even though the Black Dragonflight currently lacks an aspect, they aren't on the road to extinction like the other flights are. They cover it a bit in Tides of War as well as Legion.
    Too bad they can't go back to dragon island and go restart the forge there that created them and gave them power.

Oh wait! They can! There is even a named dragon working on it in the BFA upcoming quest line.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

I voted dragonsworn becouse obvs I love dragons.
    But I would not mind the runemaster on the D&D version. Using runes to empower yourself and your spells, maybe we could see the first cloth tank, something I have always wanted to see
    1 spec tank
    2 spec healer
    3 spec caster dps
    Last edited by Murthag; 2019-08-16 at 12:53 PM.

None.

The class roster is pretty extensive already and more classes would make balancing even harder and worse than it is already.
    And the last thing anyone needs is more melee dps.

If there was any class that would still fit into the current game without trying to fill a role that is already occupied by other classes thematically and gameplaywise it would probably be Tinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I'd honestly just rather a 4th spec. Since you could add all those things to another Class anyway.

DK - Necro spec.
    Dragonsworn - Mage Spec
    Tinker/Ranger/Bard - Hunter/Rogue Specs

Make them a "prestige" spec that requires a Storyline or something to unlock. Something New for old Classes, instead of just new classes.
    While thats good id prefer like a prestige system like at max level or something your class branches off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe as new spec for actual class? Like dark ranger for hunter. For sure if they will add new class or spec it will be ranged.

Is this speculation?

As far as I can tell, the Dragon Isles have only ever been mentioned in-game by Blacktalon Agents in allusion to Wrathion searching for them. The creation of the Aspects only explains them being empowered by the Titan Keepers, not -where- the empowering took place (although it is implied Northrend).

It's very possible something was datamined which I missed. Would be interested in checking that out.

Sources:

Wrathion Searching for Dragon Isles: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Unscarred_Black_Scale_(quest)
    Lack of General Information on Dragon Isles: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dragon_Isles
    Creation of Aspects: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dragon_Asp...iginal_Aspects
    Further Sources: Chronicle Vol 1. + Dawn of the Aspects novel.
    M.O.T.H.E.R. in BFA has given us a lot of vague information on other titan facilities we have not yet discovered. If we restart a forge to create new titan keepers, the new titan keepers can bless whomever they want.

There are two types of speculation:

1. ____ could happen because the story "needs" it.
    2. ____ must be true based on the logic in game and known points A, B and C.

So sure, it is speculation, but of kind #2, not kind #1. Blizzard can still choose to break their in game logic and rules around the story (aka bad writing) but somewhere there exists a forge that produces dragons, M.O.T.H.E.R. knows where it is and could have us go there.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Considering the flights have been reintroduced in the newest quests, that wouldn't be a shocking development (although quite a step back from their "Age of Mortals" thing).

It's definitely an interesting idea. I was just confused because the original statement had an implication of fact rather than speculation to it.
    Well the titans are dead, so we're still age of mortals. But if we as mortals reignite the titan forges... we become the new titans, in a way. We ascend to become gods. We seize the role of creator and make anew in our own image.

But there's still the whole thing of "every being made of flesh is actually created by N'zoth and lowkey serves him" to deal with. We're unwitting servants, but servants nonetheless.

It is also why the king of Mechagon being cast as a crazy cartoonish bad guy was so disappointing. In the end... he was right in that we should be looking to get rid of the curse of flesh if we want to beat N'zoth. Maybe his tools and methods were shitty... but... he was actually smarter than basically every other NPC.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    M.O.T.H.E.R. in BFA has given us a lot of vague information on other titan facilities we have not yet discovered. If we restart a forge to create new titan keepers, the new titan keepers can bless whomever they want.

There are two types of speculation:

So sure, it is speculation, but of kind #2, not kind #1. Blizzard can still choose to break their in game logic and rules around the story (aka bad writing) but somewhere there exists a forge that produces dragons, M.O.T.H.E.R. knows where it is and could have us go there.
    Actually, this is definitely a case of #1, and you've gotten some things wrong here to begin with.

First, the dragons are very specifically NOT forged. This is actually a plot point. The reason why Odyn ends up doing his entire thing with Helya and the Valarjar is literally because he claims that the Aspects should not have been empowered, because proto-drakes were a lesser form of life and "only titan-forged could be trusted to protect the world".

Second, the five proto-drakes are specifically turned into Aspects in Dragonblight, where they and Tyr defeated Galakrond, which is also where they modify the proto-drake eggs to form the first generation of dragon off-spring, concluding with the building of Wyrmrest.

So actually it must not be true that there is a forge in the Dragon Isles that produces Dragons based on the logic in the lore and known points 1 and 2. So such speculation is of the "they could retcon this into being a thing if they needed it" variety. There could be some hypothetical new forge that has nothing to do with the current dragons somewhere on the Dragon Isles that could be used to empower new aspects even though that's not how the original ones were empowered, assuming it could be restarted by M.O.T.H.E.R.

also:
    It is also why the king of Mechagon being cast as a crazy cartoonish bad guy was so disappointing. In the end... he was right in that we should be looking to get rid of the curse of flesh if we want to beat N'zoth. Maybe his tools and methods were shitty... but... he was actually smarter than basically every other NPC.
    We have continually been shown that the keepers and titan-forged are highly susceptible to the corruption of Old gods. The titans and their creations are bad at dealing with Old Gods in general: pretty much every containment facility they have has failed miserably, a large number of forged fell to the Curse of Flesh, several keepers couldn't managed to withstand Old God whispers even with the Old God imprisoned. There's nothing to gain from removing the Curse of Flesh. You aren't going to beat an Old God by going back to a form they've known how to corrupt for thousands of years. That's like trying to put leather armor back on because black powder rounds are going through plate armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Actually, this is definitely a case of #1, and you've gotten some things wrong here to begin with.
    Firstly, I agree with the entire assessment here. Based on lore, it's very defined that the Watchers and the Aspects were both blessed by Titans, but that Dragons were not forged the way the Watchers were. They're two different things.

However I think that when it comes to Blizzard and introducing new places and concepts... they tend to over-write their own lore in favour of something 'cool', and I can see them doing that here with a 'Dragonforge' in Dragon Isles and having the imbuing of their power stem from this mythical place instead of in Northrend where it was explained to have happened.

Blackrock Spire is rife with this sort of stuff, where we had a pretty awesome conflict between Black Dragons and Orcs against the Dark Iron Dwarves and the minions of Ragnaros. Then Cataclysm comes along and says 'Oh these guys happen to be working with the Old Gods' and apparantly they're supposed to be on the same side and working together all of a sudden just because Deathwing came back. And all those inconsistencies are just waved away as the Old Gods' minions being unpredictable.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-08-19 at 10:37 PM.

Firstly, I agree with the entire assessment here. Based on lore, it's very defined that the Watchers and the Aspects were both blessed by Titans, but that Dragons were not forged the way the Watchers were. They're two different things.

However I think that when it comes to Blizzard and introducing new places and concepts... they tend to over-write their own lore in favour of something 'cool', and I can see them doing that here with a 'Dragonforge' in Dragon Isles and having the imbuing of their power stem from this mythical place instead of in Northrend where it was explained to have happened.

Blackrock Spire is rife with this sort of stuff, where we had a pretty awesome conflict between Black Dragons and Orcs against the Dark Iron Dwarves and the minions of Ragnaros. Then Cataclysm comes along and says 'Oh these guys happen to be working with the Old Gods' and apparantly they're supposed to be on the same side and working together all of a sudden just because Deathwing came back.
    I was never saying they couldn't rewrite the lore. Rather, that was my entire point. This is a clear case of Bullseyed's "#1" version of speculation.
    Rather than, as he claimed:

Well the titans are dead, so we're still age of mortals. But if we as mortals reignite the titan forges... we become the new titans, in a way. We ascend to become gods. We seize the role of creator and make anew in our own image.

But there's still the whole thing of "every being made of flesh is actually created by N'zoth and lowkey serves him" to deal with. We're unwitting servants, but servants nonetheless.

Wait, the Titans are dead? You mean, the guys that we literally just met and helped out in Legion to stop the Burning Legion to imprison Sargeras during the Argus, the Unmaker fight? Pretty sure they're still alive. Sure they're lightyears away but still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Wait, the Titans are dead? You mean, the guys that we literally just met and helped out in Legion to stop the Burning Legion to imprison Sargeras during the Argus, the Unmaker fight? Pretty sure they're still alive. Sure they're lightyears away but still alive.
    Those guys are shells of their former selves, just a fraction of their essence kept by Sargeras. The true Titans, are supposedly dead. Even Khadgar makes mention about Azeroth being the last titan.

It's kinda like addressing the Aspects today, they're still powerful but in the lore they're supposed to be a shadow of themselves considering most of their powers were taken away at the end of Cataclysm. How much though is never really explained.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-08-19 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    It's a bit unclear, honestly. In theory they were all killed by Sargeras and their spirits fled to avoid subjugation. Hard to say if they're "alive" in Antorus, or just their spirits are hanging out at the seat of the Pantheon. Also hard to say how hard/easy it is for them to just get new bodies. The throne versions seem like tiny avatars.

Tinker. With the amount of weird tech that we extensively see used in Azeroth, and often using in quests, it's really a 'class fantasy' niche that would be suitable and could be mechanically unique.

We don't need a glorified Hunter spec just to appease the Sylvanas fanboys. Unholy DK is already a Necromancer. Dragonsworn isn't really my thing but a 'time' themed class could be interesting I suppose. Bard is... okay, I guess, but nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Tinker. With the amount of weird tech that we extensively see used in Azeroth, and often using in quests, it's really a 'class fantasy' niche that would be suitable and could be mechanically unique.

We don't need a glorified Hunter spec just to appease the Sylvanas fanboys. Unholy DK is already a Necromancer. Dragonsworn isn't really my thing but a 'time' themed class could be interesting I suppose. Bard is... okay, I guess, but nothing special.
    As far as any time theme goes, I'd love to have a time-themed mage healing spec.

Also, Bard has been ruined for me ever since I tried Forsaken World years ago. The game itself wasn't great, but the bard class actually played like you were playing music and the buffs just happened instead of using a spell call "Song of Slowing" "Aria of Attack Buff" "Melody of Movement