Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    race-to-world-first-level-60-IN-CLASSIC-(NOT-VANILLA)
    Isn't Classic a re-release if Vanilla? Isn't its goal to allow people re-experience the game from 2004? Doesn't it have exact same content as Vanilla?

Quote Originally Posted by greatmefisto View Post
    Isn't Classic a re-release if Vanilla? Isn't its goal to allow people re-experience the game from 2004? Doesn't it have exact same content as Vanilla?
    yes and yes

anyways, it would be nice if we could go ontopic now and discuss who will get the world first level 60 character in wow classic

still got my vote on one of the private server levelers
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    That's impressive, have they gone without any sleep so far?
    Yeap

yes and yes
    Then it's the same game and it can't have WFs.

Think about it this way. New servers so, server first lvl 60 is a legit achievement.

Then you pool all the new servers and say it's first to lvl 60 in all the servers that launched after 26 August 2019. Or you pool it with all the servers that launched with patch 1.13.

With it is technicalities it is a World First with those exact settings. Is it as important or impressive as when the game launched in 2004? No, ofc not. Does it matter to some people? Ofc it does.

Since it is a community event as all races to X first are, if they wanna call it a Classic world first (as i said with the specific patch and so on) who is anyone outside the community to say otherwise? It is not hurting anyone or taking anything away from any game or any achievement that was done 15 years ago.

anyways, it would be nice if we could go ontopic now and discuss who will get the world first level 60 character in wow classic

still got my vote on one of the private server levelers
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

asmongold etc all seem out of the race already
    Asmongold has already stated multiple times he's not going to rush to 60.
    120 | 110 | 110 | 110 | 101 | 101 | 101 | 100
    91 | 91 | 80 | 70 | 70 | 60 | 60

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, the game starts with patch balancing updates from the last patch of VWoW @ 1.12.

People are playing with Naxx refined and balanced talents. The leveling areas and quest content are the same, but your char strength is still stronger than what was released in Nov 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by iETHOSi View Post
    It's not like he had any chance anyway, he lacks the knowledge, experience and endurance compared with the players competing that have done the race to 60 many many times before.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    It's not like he had any chance anyway, he lacks the knowledge, experience and endurance compared with the players competing that have done the race to 60 many many times before.
    Yeah, well he have always been an entertainment streamer over skilled streamer. Though personally I don't understand what's so entertaining with him, but he is clearly doing something right.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    That and you can't whine and moan your way to cap, or get carried by his clan of goons.

As an outsider who is watching classic from a distance, this race is pretty curious, i like the application of 14 years of knowledge.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Well with that logic we shouldn't have any competitions. People can die playing football, driving to work, playing tennis, what ever.
    As long as the people in the race listen to their body, it wont hurt them in the long run. And if they dont, well Darwinism I guess.
    Thats true indeed. Still we know how games are adicting and how unhealthy it can be. I think its hard to belive these people envolved with reaching level 60 fast are doing in a safe way.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    Why race? Enjoy the experience. THAT is Vanilla (Atleast that's what I've been told) People need to learn that no everything is a race. And those who do race to it will probably quit right after. It's like racing to do MC and Ony. Just have fun with the game.
    That's what some people enjoy, is it that hard to understand? I don't understand why you'd have to diminish their enjoyment or objective in the game.

Yeah, well he have always been an entertainment streamer over skilled streamer. Though personally I don't understand what's so entertaining with him, but he is clearly doing something right.
    A nerdy goofy face and a relaxed demeanour I suppose.

Anyway the guy that led the "race" before going to sleep at lvl 38 just woke up after a 12h sleep: https://www.twitch.tv/journeywow

He needs to pick up the pace because the others went to sleep at lvl 42 and I doubt they will sleep 12h because they know this guy pushed really hard in the time he played.

How about we just called it WoW Classic/Vanilla August 2019 Race to world first. Done! Troll fed.

How do we lure in more champions here to educate us how vanilla was 15 years ago. I'm not sure if everyone knows that yet.

Must be infuriating for those who are still in the race to get an unfortunate dc/crash. I got dc'd yesterday with my friend, he got back without queue while I got bumped behind some 8k people. Anyone closing lvl 50 yet, no?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    That's what some people enjoy, is it that hard to understand? I don't understand why you'd have to diminish their enjoyment or objective in the game.
    I just think people should enjoy the game and not rush through it. Is that so hard to understand? If they enjoy it. Good for them. They will burn themselves out and likely quit when they hit 60. I am not diminishing their enjoyment, it just seems like something they would do. Some may not quit, but I feel like rushing through the game, instead of just enjoying it will just burn people out. Classic is supost to be fun right? Not a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    I just think people should enjoy the game and not rush through it. Is that so hard to understand? If they enjoy it. Good for them. They will burn themselves out and likely quit when they hit 60. I am not diminishing their enjoyment, it just seems like something they would do. Some may not quit, but I feel like rushing through the game, instead of just enjoying it will just burn people out. Classic is supost to be fun right? Not a job.
    Some people have fun rushing. Again, stop projecting your 'feelings' and 'impressions' onto others. Some people take heavy enjoyment from this sort of events and races, and they'd probably find your 'take your time and smell the roses' approach absolutely dull and boring.

"Enjoying it", i think that's exactly what they're doing.

A nerdy goofy face and a relaxed demeanour I suppose.

Anyway the guy that led the "race" before going to sleep at lvl 38 just woke up after a 12h sleep: https://www.twitch.tv/journeywow

He needs to pick up the pace because the others went to sleep at lvl 42 and I doubt they will sleep 12h because they know this guy pushed really hard in the time he played.
    And journeywow has apparently thrown in the towel, stating that he's out of the race, since he won't be going long periods without sleep again.

Quote Originally Posted by iETHOSi View Post
    He tried, but gave up as soon as a shit ton of people were 5+ levels ahead of him.