Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I'm glad for your friends.

I'm glad for you too. I don't see how these anecdotes actually disprove direct content comparison.
    It shows that the content is different.
    for example Crafting FF14 =/= Crafting WoW

this also means:
    When FF14 adds new recipes and more levels to your crafting profession it's far more complex than when WoW does it.
    It's more content.
    Just because WoW has crafting doesn't mean it's close to the level of content FF14-crafting provides.

That's why for one game X is valid and for the other X is not.

(retail) WoW "out of raid"-content is done in days/weeks
    FFXIV "out of raid"-content might take months

WoW raid content takes months
    FFXIV raid content takes days/weeks

etc. etc.

Sure thing, most things are just "more grinding" but that's still "content":
    When I'm finished with my profession in WoW one day or a week after hitting max level, that's it - I'm done.
    In FFXIV you will need months, make preparations, grind the mats, level up, do lots of recipe quests and turn ins, you can have all jobs active at the same time, they also provide mats and ressources for each other constantly throughout the whole way and so on and so forth.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-09-20 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    When FF14 adds new recipes and more levels to your crafting profession it's far more complex than when WoW does it.
    It's more content.
    No, it's more gear grind. Craft new set, pentameld it, spending a fortune. There's no actual content behind crafting. Same as why WoW's raid content takes months, it either takes multiple weeks to farm gear or having several geared alts to abuse class stacking, which is also gear grind.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

No, it's more gear grind. Craft new set, pentameld it, spending a fortune. There's no actual content behind crafting. Same as why WoW's raid content takes months, it either takes multiple weeks to farm gear or having several geared alts to abuse class stacking, which is also gear grind.

There is actual content behind crafting, I have no idea why you believe there isn't.

At what point is a raid no longer offering "content" to you.
    After you cleared it...or after you understood the boss fight?

Once you understood the boss fight and are wiping to lack of dps/playerskill, it's just a gear grind until you can beat it, right?
    Does that mean a raid doesn't offer content anymore once you read a raid-guide?
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-09-20 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Anyone who pentamelded this tier wasted a shitload of money for no reason. I've had no problem macroing 450 gear with Reuse with no overmelds and no VIII materia.

With all the changes to how crafting works in ShB and the ease of this tier, overmelds were just a waste.
    Wasn't talking specifically about this tier, but you have a point.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    There is actual content behind crafting, I have no idea why you believe there isn't.

At what point is a raid no longer offering "content" to you.
    After you cleared it...or after you understood the boss fight?

Once you understood the boss fight and are wiping to lack of dps/playerskill, it's just a gear grind until you can beat it, right?
    Does that mean a raid doesn't offer content anymore once you read a raid-guide?
    Unless your definition of depth is "you need crafting level and stats, unlike just crafting level like in WoW", no, there's no content whatsoever. When you need to craft recipe in WoW, you go to crafting window, choose the recipe and press "craft". When you need the same in FFXIV, the only extra step is running macro after "craft" button.
    As for your other question: when my raid team learns the boss, but lacks DPS, I'm losing interest in the fight.
    Looking for Raid.

Does anyone know if buying SB comes with the other expansions? *i only bought basic game*

I used the code. got an error. used again and says invalid.

The error i get it this.

You cannot use this function.
    Please contact the SQUARE ENIX Support Center for additional details.
    Error Code: i2501
    Last edited by Muajin76; 2019-09-21 at 03:52 AM.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Does anyone know if buying SB comes with the other expansions? *i only bought basic game*

I used the code. got an error. used again and says invalid.

The error i get it this.

You cannot use this function.
    Please contact the SQUARE ENIX Support Center for additional details.
    Error Code: i2501
    You have to purchase every expansion.

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post

Have fun!
    Ahh..so I need to buy the complete edition for 60$?

thanks.

Have fun!
    That's wrong, Shadowbringers include all previous expansions.
    Looking for Raid.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's wrong, Shadowbringers include all previous expansions.
    Complete Edition comes with all expansions, regular edition is just Shadowbringers.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Complete Edition comes with all expansions, regular edition is just Shadowbringers.
    Ok. thanks.

maybe that's why the code isnt working.

I hope i can refund the digital purchase and buy the correct one.

i bought it directly from square shop. PC windows shadowbringer expansion. Maybe it's an issue cause i'm using vpn *i live in china* I sent support center an email about the registration code not working.

- - - Updated - - -

works now! thank you!

haha now i can't play to due dl'ing all the expansions T.T

oh well..this will give me time to study, clean my place, take a nap.

In fairness, XIV crafting really isn't "content", and isn't really as in-depth as people always want to make it sound. 99% of stuff you craft is just gonna be a one-button macro. There's not much thought put into stats or how to approach most crafts.

I enjoy messing around with it and making piles of gil just for giggles, but people tend to really oversell the depth and involvement of the crafting system in XIV.
    Wasn't talking specifically about this tier, but you have a point.

Unless your definition of depth is "you need crafting level and stats, unlike just crafting level like in WoW", no, there's no content whatsoever. When you need to craft recipe in WoW, you go to crafting window, choose the recipe and press "craft". When you need the same in FFXIV, the only extra step is running macro after "craft" button.
    As for your other question: when my raid team learns the boss, but lacks DPS, I'm losing interest in the fight.

If you decide to use a macro you are free to do so.
    I'm aware of how it works.
    But even that is content. You invest much more time outside of pressing "craft" in it and look up how to do it. And it's not done in "5 second" and never touched again.
    It's completely different than WoW crafting. It's starts with the gear you require, with the skills you have to learn, with the mats you have to farm and produce and can use (HQ/LQ).
    It's not just the extra step of running the macro, which is only used once you have enough points anyway.. before you get that to that point, you can also craft manually which requires you to react to what you see on screen and make decisions accordingly.
    And yes, the extra gear requirement is also a factor - it's part of something that is called character progression and that by itself is content

@Rogalicus
    Then it's not even worth discussing anything related to content.
    Why even bother waiting for your "team" to learn the boss. It isn't any different to the one player who did understand the boss before them... for him it starts being a "grind" after he read the guide and understood the boss fight in practice, which will take like 5 minutes or even sooner depending on when the raid hits it's first "wall".
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-09-21 at 08:56 AM.

This is not true. Crafting is it's own mini-game in FFXIV. You get actual skills and can get crafting crits that make better items. It's a much deeper system. WoW is fire and forget. Easier? Yes, but therefore with less depth.
    Cause if we go by simplicity, SWTOR has the best crafting. You just send your npc's in missions to gather mats and craft stuff. Imo, as someone who hates crafting SWTOR's is the best one. But FF's is the deepest.

Oh about macro, again, you are wrong. A macro doesn't give ideal results unless you far outlevel the craft because the system does have a condition level that affects how sucessful each step is wich varies. There is also a limit to the ammount of commands you can have in a single macro, and i'll let you know, unless you outlevel it, it is not enough for a single craft unless you don't care about high quality.

Looking at your newest posts, you know this stuff, so it's a difference of opinion over whether you like the system or not.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-09-21 at 10:32 AM.

I mean, some of this is "technically" right, but you're really overstating it.

Macros are almost always 100% effective at getting HQ results. You don't even need to overgear the craft. Hell, I literally don't have the stat threshold to press the craft button for Level 80 2* crafts, and I still macro them AND have room for Reuse.

People usually get drawn in by all the buttons and numbers and stats and really start getting the idea in their heads that it's just so complex and deep. It's really not.

The only aspect of the crafting system that's interesting and requires some thought is figuring out the most efficient macros for your stats and target craft. That's it. The actual crafting is just pressing the macro and waiting, and to be blunt if someone is seeing some greater complexity in the process it's generally because they're doing something wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I just felt the need to trash overmelding a little, sorry I hijacked your post.
    Well, either way theres a revamp coming with the next patch, so we'll see how it changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Ok. thanks.

maybe that's why the code isnt working.

I hope i can refund the digital purchase and buy the correct one.
    Square Enix does not honour refunds. You will be banned if you ask for your money back.

Square Enix does not honour refunds. You will be banned if you ask for your money back.
    This is outright untrue and a blatant lie. Get your bullshit out of here and learn the difference between a chargeback and a refund.

Finally did it working after a few tries. Took a day and some change to dl every expac after arr. *vpn + a wifi router that's shared with all 6 floors of my apt gives a LOW dl speed. i was at 1 to .60 for most of the time dl'ing them*

I played ARR on launch, couldnt believe I hadnt even hear of the original one. I went back to WoW but ive since been away since the turn of the year. Bought a sub for gold a week after Classic launched and played for about a week. If you want hard gameplay like Vanilla was, try a new game, and try FFXIV, its hard, its brutal and it takes forever to get through the MSQ, but its so worth the effort. The first 50 levels are definitely the hardest to get through, but once you hit the expansions, the story just carries you off into the sunset. Even more than WoW used to be, and definitely the way WoW should be going.