Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Take those numbers with a massive grain of salt, cause it's not like they'll vote for a non Republican.
    Even another Republican would be acceptable, though. I'm not really sure anyone else has the drive to obstruct quite the way McConnell does.

Yeah, anyone but McConnell....Moscow Mitch is aptly named. And I would hope that another GOPer running against him would use that very name against him.

- - - Updated - - -

Adding Lindsey Graham to the list; New poll shows Lindsey Graham 'extremely vulnerable' in 2020

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) holds only a small 2-point lead over likely Democratic opponent Jaime Harrison in a state Donald Trump carried by 14 points in 2016, according to a new poll released Friday.

According to a Change Research/Post and Courier poll, Graham holds a 47% to 45% lead over Harrison, with 9% of voters still undecided.

"Senator Lindsey Graham's favorability is exceptionally low among Independent voters and in hypothetical general election match-ups," the poll notes. "He looks extremely vulnerable against Democratic contender Jaime Harrison."

Only 38% of South Carolina voters have a favorable view of Graham, with 53% viewing him unfavorably. His numbers are even lower among Independents, with a mere 28% viewing him favorably and 60% with unfavorable views.

"Senator, you're in for the fight of your career," Harrison tweeted Friday, linking to the poll. "This movement cannot be stopped!"

Harrison could ensure South Carolina becomes a Senate battleground state as well. In October, his campaign announced it had raised $2.1 million from July through September, the most ever raised in one quarter by a Democratic challenger in state history.

Republicans must also protect Senate seats in Iowa, Georgia, and Texas. Democrats, meanwhile, will focus defensive efforts on maintaining an Alabama seat currently held by Sen. Doug Jones.

-------------------

Now this I have to take with a grain of salt...

7+ Year Old Account
    i almost dont care about what happens to trump at this point, i just want mitch to not have any power.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    i almost dont care about what happens to trump at this point, i just want mitch to not have any power.
    Well, considering half the stuff Trump gets away with is because McConnell enables it or blocks actions against it, removing McConnell would take at least a few teeth out of the big, blustering bully.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    hmf....Kentuckians Have Finally Had About Enough of Mitch McConnell

The poll showing that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, the president’s most stolid defender, is down to a 18 percent job approval rating in Kentucky. Only 37 percent in the Public Policy Poll said they would vote for him again next year.

Could that be because of his stone-faced support for whatever steaming mess Trump hurls his way? The Bluegrass State is the canary in the mine for how much Trump can help, or hurt, a candidate as his impeachment looks every more likely. After two weeks of unimpeachable civil servants bearing witness to an impeachable president, clinging to Trump out of fear he will kill you if you don’t do what he says is becoming more politically perilous.
    Mcconnell is loyal to his country. It's just not the US, it's Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Take those numbers with a massive grain of salt, cause it's not like they'll vote for a non Republican.
    From what l understand they hate Mitch but love trump, so he is trying to use trump so secure his votes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because there are no consequences, political or legal, for them doing so.

They won't be fined or sanctioned or jailed.

And their electorate will rah-rah and vote them back in, because they like the lies.

In fact, the absence of consequences mean they are being encouraged to lie. So it shouldn't be surprising they do so.
    Well yes, but I was just wondering why none of the Democrats called them out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Just goes to show how partisan the republicans are.
    When they hold the vote in the house, it will be a partisan vote to impeach and a bipartisan vote not to.

I quoted adam schiff saying on Tv :
    “The argument, ‘Why don’t you just wait?’, amounts to this: Why don’t you just let him cheat in one more election?” Schiff said Tuesday, fending off criticism that the Democrats are not actually concerned about the truth due to their rush with impeachment. “Why not let him have foreign help one more time?”
    Lots of trumpsters here kept whining and whining that they were too lazy to believe the quote and look it up. I provide several links for you:
    My favorite is the Washington Post titled"It appears Putin may have written the Democrats' talking points on impeachment"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...s-impeachment/
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-more-election
    https://www.facebook.com/ABCNews/vid...7427009980043/

Hope the Washington Post and abc news are good enough for your sensitivities. I noticed no one has posted links to me supporting Trump. I can assume you did not find any and just will keep bloviating. You guys are all talk until called out.
    Last edited by TexasRules; 2019-12-14 at 03:56 AM.

You're so cute in your denial.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    When they hold the vote in the house, it will be a partisan vote to impeach and a bipartisan vote not to.

Lots of trumpsters here kept whining and whining that they were too lazy to believe the quote and look it up. I provide several links for you:
    My favorite is the Washington Post titled"It appears Putin may have written the Democrats' talking points on impeachment"

Hope the Washington Post and abc news are good enough for your sensitivities. I noticed no one has posted links to me supporting Trump. I can assume you did not find any and just will keep bloviating. You guys are all talk until called out.
    I mean if that's how you wanna read that quote, go right ahead buddy ol' pal ol' chum ol' friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't need my opinion spoonfed to me by opinion articles, but thanks Texas for your usual slurry.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yeah, anyone but McConnell....Moscow Mitch is aptly named. And I would hope that another GOPer running against him would use that very name against him.
    Seems tonedeaf. How many Kentucky Republicans do you think buy into a McConnell-Russia conspiracy? Probably not a winning primary plan.

10+ Year Old Account

Lots of trumpsters here kept whining and whining that they were too lazy to believe the quote and look it up.
    The problem, here, is that literally nothing Schiff said was remotely partisan, in any way at all. It was very specifically non-partisan. You're making that shit up out of nothing, to lie about the facts and present a false narrative.

Nobody's disputing that Schiff said what he said. We're pointing out that you're lying about what he said. Without any shame whatsoever.

There is no possible way you heard what Schiff said and honestly, legitimately, thought it was describing a partisan attack on the President.

Thanks for this. Now after evaluating it and returning back to your quote vs what was actually said.

“The argument, ‘Why don’t you just wait?’, amounts to this: Why don’t you just let him cheat in one more election?” Schiff said Tuesday, fending off criticism that the Democrats are not actually concerned about the truth due to their rush with impeachment. “Why not let him have foreign help one more time?”

Schiff finally admitting that his true agenda for impeachment is to stop Trump form being President, something most Democrats have been pushing since January 2017. I like how they wanted the Mueller report to take all the time they needed and be thorough. They complain that the Kavanaugh hearing was too quick and not thorough enough. Now they want impeachment to be quick. I hope the senate drags this out and the senate candidates(warren,sanders) have to sit there while Joe Biden campaigns everywhere. The republicans are going to drag this out until Biden becomes the nominee and then they will call him to the stand....because that is what democrats would also do if the shoe was on the other foot. And if there is a long trial in the senate , Biden, his son, the whistleblower and probably Schiff are all going to get subpoenaed at some point.

But then the democrats will cry and whine and try something else. Several have already said no matter what happens they will go after him on impeachment again, because they can't handle losing. I know, you trumpsters are going to come back with "no they are going to keep coming because Trump commits crimes and blah blah blah
    VS

Quote Originally Posted by Schiff
    "The argument, 'Why don't you just wait?' amounts to this: 'Why don't you just let him cheat in one more election. Why not let him cheat just one more time. Why not let him have foreign help just one more time,'" Schiff said.
    You see it’s very similar but at the same time it IS different. You are leaving out a sentence and at the same time adding words in between to add separation between his points. So you are being a dishonest poster by dishonestly quoting him.

Schiff’s point is that we cannot count on the election system to rule out corruption because of outside foreign interference which he is accepting, encouraging, and even asking/bribing foreign nations for. It doesn’t say what you want, that he just doesn’t want him to be president. I mean, if you want to use that logic that Schiff wants that, then Trump totally did want “quid pro quo”.

And to use your opinion article’s wording, “ It appears Putin may have written the Republicans(Trumpsters)’ talking points on impeachment”
    Last edited by swiftowner; 2019-12-14 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    I mean if that's how you wanna read that quote, go right ahead buddy ol' pal ol' chum ol' friend.
    He keeps calling Trump haters, Trumpsters, even though Trumpsters are Trump supporters.

Are you seriously now trying to say you are not a Trump supporter?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Are you seriously now trying to say you are not a Trump supporter?
    He's been trying that for the longest time, even though every time he has posted, it is in defense of Trump.

Even claiming that Trump haters, or as I call them, rational people, are Trumpsters.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    Schiff’s point is that we cannot count on the election system to rule out corruption because of outside foreign interference which he is accepting, encouraging, and even asking/bribing foreign nations for. It doesn’t say what you want, that he just doesn’t want him to be president. I mean, if you want to use that logic that Schiff wants that, then Trump totally did want “quid pro quo”.

And to use your opinion article’s wording, “ It appears Putin may have written the Republicans(Trumpsters)’ talking points on impeachment”
    I mean... yeah, TexasRules is right. Schiff is saying "we don't want Trump to be president". What he's intentionally leaving out is "we don't want Trump to be president because he has shown himself to be corrupt and has cheated in the last election and will almost certainly cheat again in the next election and someone like that should not be president".

Man, this whole impeachment thing is depressing. Everyone can see the outcome a mile away. It's been obvious since the Mueller report came out and somehow Bill Barr managed to massage the message a full 2 days before anyone could actually read it.

And I even think the Dems know the outcome. And thus: the gamble, that doing their literal jobs, and trying to hold the President to account, will lead to him being voted out in 2020.

But people, and society at large, are so fucking stupid that "being bored" by the impeachment hearings, or the suggestion that what's been presented doesn't rise to the level of impeachable offenses but LYING IN A CIVIL SUIT ABOUT AN EXTRAMARITAL AFFAIR somehow is......is, well, fucking likely to work.

I'm not sure Dems chances at 2020 are better or worse now. And that's a depressing thought.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Don't need my opinion spoonfed to me by opinion articles, but thanks Texas for your usual slurry.
    Lest we forget that some posters found out Texas is a shill paid to post the same posts on multiple different sites across the internet. Take any post he makes out of nowhere with a humongous grain of salt. Heck, take them all with a huge grain of salt.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-12-15 at 03:44 AM. Reason: infracted for trolling
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Lest we forget that some posters found out Texas is a shill paid to post the same posts on multiple different sites across the internet. Take any post he makes out of nowhere with a humongous grain of salt. Heck, take them all with a huge grain of salt.
    See, I don't personally buy into that if only because I don't' think a paid actor would use the same username on multiple platforms? And, really, it's possible for someone to just have bad hot takes on stuff without them being paid to.