10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post

Interesting designs. I wonder if they're to change the abilities too.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    ...She says this herself in the Sylvanas loyalist cinematic. It's not head canon.
    Ah ok. I don't have a loyalist horde, so I was not aware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Since you didn't play it you should know:
    Sylvanas: Ah champion, I wasn't certain you made it out of Orgrimmar. If the traitors know of your service to me, they'd have put you in irons...or worse. Saurfang's ill-considered challenge may have ended the war prematurely, but it doesn't matter now. Countless souls have been fed to the hungering darkness. Though I cared nothing for the living, I did pity the Forsaken. For the great injustice that made them what they are. I understand the cruelty of fate better than anyone.

But despite all I taught them, they stubbornly clung to hope. To life. They will learn the truth, along with all the rest.

My bargain with Azshara will yet bear fruit. The armies of Azeroth will fight her master, and he will line their streets with corpses. In the end, he too will serve Death.

Enough reflection. There are preparations to be made. Nothing lasts. When next you see me, you will understand.
    But this is getting off-topic.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    And it's all about them. Doesn't matter how much you say it's about Sylvanas when the expac itself is proof of the contrary. Do you actually have a counter argument instead of some lose sentence with no meaning?
    Main character is the ones that you follow and have character development. What indicates it's about Sylvanas goals and what they mean for Azeroth when so far there has been nothing about it except premonition and scheeming behind the scenes? Which once again, is textbook setup for the next episode.

It's about how others deal with Sylvanas, It's about ending the faction war. It's not about Sylvanas.
    She may not be the "main character" but she has been one of, if not THE, primary narrative pushing characters in this expansion. Without her, this expansion wouldn't exist in it's current form and the story wouldn't have unfold in this fashion.

Just like Deathwing in Cataclysm, you didn't interact with him often in that expansion, but he was the driving force behind everything that was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The scene we're talking about was on the front page here and had several threads about it even before it launched. How you missed it I have no idea. Thanks for acknowledging it though.

We broke 100k Views!

Im proud of all of you, even the Tinkerhaters.
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    In that case you want a mail wearing class that can fire guns and use gliders flamethrowers bombs and tinkering gadgets, roll a hunter equip a gun and get engineering up oh and you can be a gnome with a mechanical pet PERFECT!
    I've actually done exactly this a few months back. Rolled a Gnome Hunter and used exclusively mechanimals. Went MM and went all out with Engineering. I was hoping to see if that could handle the "itch" I had.

The problem with it is that it falls apart with Engineering. The profession as it exists isn't suitable for real use in this way at just about every level. The bombs and gadgets are, by and large, so underwhelming that they are a waste of time to use. It's actually telling at how sad it was that the profession is so useless for just about everything at this point.

I personally like the idea of Tinkers, but not the idea of mechs. It's an addition I don't really want. I like the idea of the GW2 Engineer. Using guns and flamethrowers and bombs and turrets. Gadgets and gizmos. Hell, I'd love to see Blizzard introduce pistols into the game and let Tinkers (or whatever class) either dual wield them or use one with a shield. To me that's what I think would be fun. Unfortunately it's not something that can be accomplished in the game in a remotely satisfying way.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I've actually done exactly this a few months back. Rolled a Gnome Hunter and used exclusively mechanimals. Went MM and went all out with Engineering. I was hoping to see if that could handle the "itch" I had.

The problem with it is that it falls apart with Engineering. The profession as it exists isn't suitable for real use in this way at just about every level. The bombs and gadgets are, by and large, so underwhelming that they are a waste of time to use. It's actually telling at how sad it was that the profession is so useless for just about everything at this point.

I personally like the idea of Tinkers, but not the idea of mechs. It's an addition I don't really want. I like the idea of the GW2 Engineer. Using guns and flamethrowers and bombs and turrets. Gadgets and gizmos. Hell, I'd love to see Blizzard introduce pistols into the game and let Tinkers (or whatever class) either dual wield them or use one with a shield. To me that's what I think would be fun. Unfortunately it's not something that can be accomplished in the game in a remotely satisfying way.
    I think the best option is we get a mech suit talent then. Or one to spec out of it.

Maybe something like Demonic, just for Mech. Except its not 8 seconds of course.

I mean, Lone Wolf was pretty much the same tbh.

Or we're getting two dps specs one heal/tank, one melee dps mech one ranged dps no pet.
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    She may not be the "main character" but she has been one of, if not THE, primary narrative pushing characters in this expansion. Without her, this expansion wouldn't exist in it's current form and the story wouldn't have unfold in this fashion.

Just like Deathwing in Cataclysm, you didn't interact with him often in that expansion, but he was the driving force behind everything that was going on.
    Primary, I wouldn't say that she is. She started it off. Went away. Got back to lure us to Nazjatar. Then is gone again. Mak'Gora happens and we get the info there is more behind the scenes than just a faction war.

Don't know if you've watched Alita Battle Angel yet. That's a prime example of what Sylvanas is. The "main villain" is someone you know about, you know he is the one setting things in motion, you know other henchmens are just pawns. Yet, the movie isn't about him even though he makes things happen. Everything just builds him up to be this scheming entity you desperately want to know more about. What exactly drives him and how it will be resolved. It set up the Alita Battle Angel 2 pretty well(although it might not be made due to box office failure afaik). Sylvanas is written the exact same way.

Sure, they can wrap Sylvanas story up in 8.3.5, but I highly doubt it with the set up they have going. The reveal might happen, but that's what launches the next expansion. Or they have to wrap up and resolve plenty of questions in a minor patch.

Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post
    I think the best option is we get a mech suit talent then. Or one to spec out of it.

Maybe something like Demonic, just for Mech. Except its not 8 seconds of course.

I mean, Lone Wolf was pretty much the same tbh.

Or we're getting two dps specs one heal/tank, one melee dps mech one ranged dps no pet.
    For my money, the simplest solution would be to have a Tank spec use a mech type vehicle and a DPS spec not use one. Maybe include a mech as a DPS cooldown Talent option or something.

guys, i finally got why sylvanas used melee weapons in the duel
    to setup a melee spec

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    guys, i finally got why sylvanas used melee weapons in the duel
    to setup a melee spec
    Cuz nothing screams more Dark Ranger than using two daggers for melee combat.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

that's why there were smoky visual effects, debuff heavy melee spec

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    that's why there were smoky visual effects, debuff heavy melee spec
    So.... Assassin?

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Umm, yes, that would be your typical ranger archetype in most RPG settings, ranged weapon with 2 short bladed weapons for melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Umm, yes, that would be your typical ranger archetype in most RPG settings, ranged weapon with 2 short bladed weapons for melee.
    So you want an edgy melee hunter? I see.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    I understand completely I was just giving him a taste of how it feels to play a MM hunter instead of getting dark ranger or a deathknight instead of necro for example, but he didnt like that.
    I've done the same thing there! Rolled a Forsaken Unholy Death Knight, transmogged armor to look like robes, and transmogged my two hander to a Scythe. Might have worked, but I couldn't get into the Unholy Play Style.

So you want an edgy melee hunter? I see.
    You can try to be obtuse all day long if you want tinker boy, but that is just how it is. A ranger being somewhat proficient in melee combat is a staple of the genre, there is no reason to assume that it wouldn't be the case for the edgelord version.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You can try to be obtuse all day long if you want tinker boy, but that is just how it is. A ranger being somewhat proficient in melee combat is a staple of the genre, there is no reason to assume that it wouldn't be the case for the edgelord version.
    The only reason they would give DR a melee spec is because they cant come up with anything else.

Two ranged specs for the Class are already hard to imagine.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Primary, I wouldn't say that she is. She started it off. Went away. Got back to lure us to Nazjatar. Then is gone again. Mak'Gora happens and we get the info there is more behind the scenes than just a faction war.

Don't know if you've watched Alita Battle Angel yet. That's a prime example of what Sylvanas is. The "main villain" is someone you know about, you know he is the one setting things in motion, you know other henchmens are just pawns. Yet, the movie isn't about him even though he makes things happen. Everything just builds him up to be this scheming entity you desperately want to know more about. What exactly drives him and how it will be resolved. It set up the Alita Battle Angel 2 pretty well(although it might not be made due to box office failure afaik). Sylvanas is written the exact same way.

Sure, they can wrap Sylvanas story up in 8.3.5, but I highly doubt it with the set up they have going. The reveal might happen, but that's what launches the next expansion. Or they have to wrap up and resolve plenty of questions in a minor patch.
    I think you and I are saying the same thing here, just using different terms.

The only reason they would give DR a melee spec is because they cant come up with anything else.

Two ranged specs for the Class are already hard to imagine.
    Dark Ranger's strength was raising skeletons to tank
    knowing blizzards love of reuse (its pretty smart tech wise) i'd assume they reuse diablo necromancer and sell it as "now you can play as sylvanas with 2 iconic specs melee and ranged"

people get necromancer and sylvanas fantasies in one class
    i won't be able to pass 100%

p.s. next edgy dark character is wrathion
    Last edited by iosdeveloper; 2019-10-14 at 09:38 PM.