Poll: Is Blood Thicker Than Water?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    In general I'd have to say no. I like most of my family, but a couple of them are insane and only bring problems to themselves and those around them.

I have a line that everyone knows you don't cross.
    If a sibling crosses it, then s/he's dead to me.

blood of the covenant is indeed thicker then the water of the womb

Biologically? No. I was adopted. I adored my parents and vice versa. I've met my birth mother (and her mother). Zero connection whatsoever. I've never understood those TV shows where people find their birth parents and have tearful reunions, these people are strangers. I'm also childfree. Turned out my birth mother never wanted kids and her mother didn't particularly want them either, so I suspect it's genetic. Just because you have a kid doesn't mean you feel anything for it, I think that has to be one of the more prevalent and consistent myths out there that you magically develop a maternal/paternal instinct.

My saint of a mother though, both myself and my brother were adopted and she would've done anything for us. She used to tell me she never gave it any thought that she didn't give birth to us, we were her kids. My adoptive father laying on his death bed told everyone in the room I was his favorite child despite having 4 biological children, that still gets me.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    My blood is thiccer than a bowl of oatmeal.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2019-10-15 at 12:02 AM.

People with poor familial relationships are to be pitied. It is almost always outside of their own control.

Literally, yes.

And in my case, also figuratively.

The blood of the Covenant is thicker than the water of the womb yes.

I kinda think that 'blood is thicker than water' is pretty fatalistic and half the time I hear it being used to justify sticking around in abusive relationships, to excuse bad behaviour, etc. The only fair case for it is when you're speaking about your own children.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2019-10-15 at 01:00 AM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

By the original meaning, bonds built by time and hardship and stronger than sharing a few genetic markers with someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    People have to EARN my loyalty and respect. Sharing ancestors is not how you earn it. My family is not filled with good people. If they were, I would be loyal and supportive, just as I am to my friends.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I would happily give my life for any of my family. But then again, I have a loving and caring family, if things where different, I might have another opinion.