Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wladimir89 View Post
    Is this even necessary, with all the boe's and crafting mats, this should be enough to supply consumables and enchants to the raiding members?
    They plan this for future raids like aq,naxx for some resistance gear and on top of that i don't think we get anything,i still have to bring my own elixirs and buy my own mats for enchanting.

Edit:

Forgot to add, its 25g per week.
    That's one of the dumbest things I've heard to exist in WoW, ever. I've never seen or heard of a guild collecting such tax before this. Guilds should be getting ton of BoE's and materials from raids to sell. If not then... who cares? It's not like there are any constant expenses for a guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    If you still have to buy your own consumables and enchants, where does the tax go to? Epic riding for the guild master?
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

This is one of those... "If you have to ask." type of things.

My guild has a voluntary weekly tax of 10g. You can opt out of it, but if you do, you're completely on your own regarding your gear and consumables. If you pay the tax (which I think everyone but two people in the guild does) you get the necessary consumables, crafted stuff like Lionheart Helm for the tanks, Onyxia Scale Cloaks for everyone etc.

Works fine so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Your guild thinks they are going to need resistance gear? lol, bosses will just fall down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    My guild has a voluntary weekly tax of 10g. You can opt out of it, but if you do, you're completely on your own regarding your gear and consumables. If you pay the tax (which I think everyone but two people in the guild does) you get the necessary consumables, crafted stuff like Lionheart Helm for the tanks, Onyxia Scale Cloaks for everyone etc.

Works fine so far.
    10g a week isn't going to come back to you....?

Unless they're giving you more than 10g in mats a week why would u even consider it? And then the obvious question is why are they doing it? And with market fluctuations it's impossible to just give you out 10g worth of mats...Not that it again makes any sense anyway

All the BoEs go to your guild...That should be more than enough for whatever tanks/crafting needs to be done. Even flasks for your tanks.

The way guild banks work providing a lot of people with a lot of consumes would require WAYYYY more labor than it's worth. Officer has to get on and spend an hour passing out shit each week?

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyfoxy View Post
    Guilds prepare for naxx right now if you didnt know, what a pointless answer based on assumptions
    Yeah and in that time guild will earn 100k+ just from donation from 40people but if there are more and if everyone needs to donate than that guild bank could have 200-300-400k easy by the time they get to Naxx and just from donation. Back in Vanilla days the guild i was selling boosts to MC, onyxia, gear that dropped and ppl didnt needed and had more than enough gold for pots and potions for every raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    No reason to play the game either.
    There is plenty of reason to play the game, just no reason at all to pay taxes to do it. Far to many guilds out there to ever bother with "taxes".

I play FFXI and back in 04, one guy charged “dues” via PayPal just to be in his group. People actually paid him...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this is big red flag, NO you should never have to pay TAX or any other bullshit to be in a guild. Could you be required to chip in in terms of socially YES certainty, however nobody should be charging you simply for membership, in fact if it isn't already I think Blizzard should make this a bannable offense.

And yes I have been in all kinds of Clans and Guilds, some big, some small, and my last and best was a professional raiding guild, meaning we actually charges NONE guild members for runs, and sold items for (IN-GAME gold only) But never once was I charged when I was just learning the ropes, and at no point did we charge anyone just for being a member.

Obviously there were certain levels and ranks of ACCESS based on time in the guild and contribution, but that was it, and we also had a pretty specific process for accepting new members.

Typically had to be someone who was well known and liked and got along with the guild and ran raids before becoming a member, and also had a pretty stand up track record for having fun, giving input and decent character.

Those are the only qualifications or requirements necessary.

There are SOME guilds however who are a lot more selective and picky because they are popular, but I don't know any of them that TAX anyone.

Again BIG RED FLAG, Get the hell out of that guild.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

5+ Year Old Account
    Is this even necessary, with all the boe's and crafting mats, this should be enough to supply consumables and enchants to the raiding members?
    They plan this for future raids like aq,naxx for some resistance gear and on top of that i don't think we get anything,i still have to bring my own elixirs and buy my own mats for enchanting.

Edit:

Don't stay with them. Get the hell out of there.
    #TeamNecromancer #TeamDragonIsles

Edit:

There were guilds back then that charged it's own members a fee to loot dropped items. If nobody paid it, the item got vendored *even if it was an upgrade* Wasnt there the thing added later that a part of your loot money went to the guild? A guild charging a weekly gold tax isn't a good guild to be in tbh.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

what is it about classic that attracts all these garbage guilds and people that think this is acceptable?

I play 2.5 hours a week to just do mc/ony(extra 20 mins if ony respawns again and we gota travel). I dont farm, donate or do stupid shit. we kill bosses in 1-2 minutes. I dont even go oom as a healer cause things die so fast. I keep the 15gold that you loot from kiling bosses.

what exactly do you need the 25g tax for?

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyfoxy View Post
    Guilds prepare for naxx right now if you didnt know, what a pointless answer based on assumptions
    Good guilds have good players that are well able to plan their own consumables. You don’t need flasks now so why pay for it now? That 25g per week now can be put into making more gold, 25g quickly turns into 30g. A week later you start with 55g which turns into 65g, week after you start with 90g which turns into well over 100g.

Your gold is your gold, don’t let anyone force you to believe otherwise.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Leave the Guild but before you do make sure to make as many members as possible also leave the guild.

Edit:

Guild master decides. Dont like it, dont pay. Easy as that.

Something to remember whenever you ask yourself these types of question: If you have to ask, you already know the answer.

If a guild can't exist without your gold, then it's not a guild. It's a cult.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Good guilds dont abuse loot council.

Alot of shite ones do.

I swear to you, I have seen it all over the years when it comes to how loot is handled in raiding guilds. DKP, Loot council, EPGP, rolls(need/greed) and god knows what. From all of this I have seen so many bad ways to handle loot. Got most DKP? Too bad, raid leader thinks someone else needs it more. Lots of EPGP? LOL, RL/officers thinks someone else needs it. You roll on a piece you need? LOL, trade it or get kicked from raid and guild - someone else needs it more.

So even when loot distribution is decided way ahead of time, weird loot situations has always happend. What do they all have in common? Shitty raid leaders/GMs/officers.

It doesnt really matter what kind of loot system a raiding guild has, aslong as they are the same every time, the rules are clear way ahead of time, everyone know the loot rules and they are ALWAYS followed no matter what.

The X factor in all of this are the people who lead. In the flip of a switch everything can be thrown out the window.
    all loot systems do the same thing, the only thing different is the order in which the same people receive said item. But that only works in a perfect scenerio. Example, the core raiders never leave and they never have to recruit to fill spots. Let me know of a loot system in which doesn't change once recruits and old players leave.

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    Something to remember whenever you ask yourself these types of question: If you have to ask, you already know the answer.

If a guild can't exist without your gold, then it's not a guild. It's a cult.

- - - Updated - - -

all loot systems do the same thing, the only thing different is the order in which the same people receive said item. But that only works in a perfect scenerio. Example, the core raiders never leave and they never have to recruit to fill spots. Let me know of a loot system in which doesn't change once recruits and old players leave.
    Personal loot like in retail I suppose, but even there people are forced to trade gear they get to someone who are more "Worthy".

There could be any system, but the point is that in the end there are people that controls these systems and that makes it so difficult to handle. People always have X or Y reason why someone should get item before someone else and so on. Theres always something.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Personal loot like in retail I suppose, but even there people are forced to trade gear they get to someone who are more "Worthy".
    Nobody can force you to give away loot at the start of each tier (ilvl upgrade) and if you are allready geared from M+ at the start of each raid-tier, you can just do what everyone else is doing, quit raiding or quit your guild for M+ or another guild without such restrictions. The shrinking pool of raiding players allows you to do what ever you want and Personal Loot garantees you loot for your raid participation without any conditions, you have nothing to lose if you like raiding. If you play, you will get gear and nobody can stop your character progression anymore.

Gearprogression with raiding in retail is a very comfy way for many players, especially when you play FOTM you are able to keep your spot with below average performance. And if you are skilled and are able to meet the community requirements for M+ and PvP you can quit raiding alltogether and progress your gear outside of it.

Thats my only issue with retail raiding, the tier long FOTM class balance without changes. Seeing a shadowpriest or warlock outside of guild raids right now is like seeing a unicorn. Class balance changes mid progression should be brought back, keeping 5-6 active mains just to win the class balance lottery is not healthy for the players or the game.
    -

15+ Year Old Account
    Lmao guild tax, that brought back some memories oh mannnn.

Does the raid leader also scream at everyone at the top of his lungs berating them and putting them down if they mess up in raid? Lol..smh. All too familiar.