Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? lmao Vivendi came along long after Blizzard developed WoW.
    Hmm? Didn't Vivendi acquire Blizzard Entertainment in the late 90s?

Edit: Seems like they acquired the parent company of Blizzard on February 21, 1996.
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2019-10-20 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    WoW Classic: Hold my beer!
    I believe that's an exception. WoW Classic lives based on nostalgia. Its game-play is extremely outdated and monotonous for 2019 standards. Of course, it has its own playerbase... that's for another discussion. To each their own.

New MMO's don't have that, however. No MMO has 15 years of history.

I also believe that the era of MMO's is ending. But I'll be happy if that isn't true!
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    I believe that's an exception. WoW Classic lives based on nostalgia. Its game-play is extremely outdated and monotonous for 2019 standards.
    Yet one could argue that many of those 2019 standards is what is making retail WoW such a let down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    This is just laughable.
    Yeah PoE is trash. It lacks the very thing that makes Diablo-like games fun, thanks to it costume shop.
    Every single item you get looks like shit, and there's basically no variation. Unless you PAY for it.
    Then there are some idiotic designs, like if you click on a monster and hold a left mouse button to attack and then move it without releasing to a second monster, your character just runs around it like a headless chicken, lol. Who the fuck thought that would be a great idea?
    Also, the character models look ugly. The visuals are terrible and the art is shit. The combat is unappealing.

Grim Dawn does all those things better but the visuals are not to my liking, and the combat feels unsatisfying. But it's MILES better than that shit PoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Yeah PoE is trash. It lacks the very thing that makes Diablo-like games fun, thanks to it costume shop.
    Every single item you get looks like shit, and there's basically no variation. Unless you PAY for it.
    Tbh, if D4 is an ARPG, I don't see a way they won't do this as well. They need to make it have monetization model that justifies their overlords that the game should stay in development after release.. And not repeat what happened to D3 after RoS release.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Yet one could argue that many of those 2019 standards is what is making retail WoW such a let down.
    Absolutely. Nothing is black or white. :/
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Hmm? Didn't Vivendi acquire Blizzard Entertainment in the late 90s?

Edit: Seems like they acquired the parent company of Blizzard on February 21, 1996.
    Yeah, which is long after WoW was released.

tbh, I don't find diablo's world so fascinating to explore. I find it is better served left as an arpg, an RTS or maybe a single player RPG with an ending. If they go too far off from heaven, hell and deppressing gothic stuff it would stop feeling like diablo at all, and you can recycle those 3 themes only so many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I'm 99.99% against a new WoW expansion. I'm tired of going through the same old games...

I want Warcraft 4 (Warcraft 3 Remastered gets me excited for that idea..

I want Diablo MMO
    WoW - especially WoW classic - is the Diablo MMO.

They took tons of stuff from D2 to make WoW, everything from weapon affixes, classes and mechanics.

5+ Year Old Account
    After thinking it through. A prequel action MMORPG makes the most sense for Diablo IV.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, if D4 is an ARPG, I don't see a way they won't do this as well. They need to make it have monetization model that justifies their overlords that the game should stay in development after release.. And not repeat what happened to D3 after RoS release.
    Yes, there are some big rumors around about both Diablo 4 and Diablo 2 remaster being announced on Blizzcon.
    In that case, I expect Diablo 4 to be drastically different from other Diablo games, while Blizzard at the same time giving players their favorite Diablo game in new clothes.

I think blizzard has been watching lost ark online and they will improvise on it. I really expect a new diablo on pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I think blizzard has been watching lost ark online and they will improvise on it. I really expect a new diablo on pc.
    Yes, i'm sure they did. I'd like to play Lost Ark, the game structure looks really spot on - then there's the standard korean graphics that turn off many people but don't bothe rme personally.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yes, i'm sure they did. I'd like to play Lost Ark, the game structure looks really spot on - then there's the standard korean graphics that turn off many people but don't bothe rme personally.
    Yup, it's part of game development. See what your competition is doing. Lost Ark is so impressive and doing so many things it's easy to find things to adopt in it. Which is probably why D4 has taken so long. They probably were happy with how it was till they saw what they were going to be facing in a few years.

Not that I mean to diminish PoE at all, it too has things in it someone might want to adopt, but information about PoE is widely available and D4 devs are likely playing PoE to learn as much from it as possible. The whole Lost Ark hype came out of nowhere, because we all thought it was going to stay in the development hell it seemed to be in for so long.

It was fun maybe 2 weeks or something then I quit. I still have some friends playing but not as many.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    It was fun maybe 2 weeks or something then I quit. I still have some friends playing but not as many.
    Care to explain why? I assume it was the usual korean nonsense grindfest - but i'm more interested in how classes/builds are managed, gear/itemization and content structure.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

why big tits and ass with skimpy armor turns off people got no idea I haven't tried lost ark myself. I watched a few videos here and there. I can guess though, it must be pay to win, even if it is not now. They will heavily milk that game. But blizzard cannot do that backlash would be immense. They have to make either a sub based or b2p diablo. Since its been a tradition of diablo universe i don't expect a sub. That means, they need to find a better way to monetize their game. Purely cosmetic? ok, but even extra stash tab would be unfair i think. Nothing but cosmetics and maybe different soundstracks etc. visuals.

apart from that I could easily imagine how awesome a diablo would be with lost ark settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Blizzard had investors sinking millions into Blizzard from day 1. It took alot more money that Blizzard had.

- - - Updated - - -

Hearthstone says hi. And Candy Crush Saga raked in $1.5 billion last year. (Yeah, Blizzard owns that game too).

I would say at least half your statement is false.
    You misspelled bought.

10+ Year Old Account
    no thank you

It would not be a mmo like WoW, it would probably be a lot closer to Lost Ark or something like that, top down arpg like diablo but with a lot more MMO elements like open areas where you see other players, forms of instanced dungeons, maybe some type of raid like stuff etc

There is no way they are just going to make a diablo 4 thats close to diablo 3 without many changes, from credible rumors we even heard they tried making diablo more like a souls game but scrapped that so they are obviously trying a lot of different ideas to "reinvent" the diablo franchise
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2019-10-22 at 09:55 AM.