Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Probably because Legion had a few twists that broke our expectations, like everything involving Illidan and Xera. Frankly I was starting to gain a little faith in WoW's lore team and then they churn this mess out. I mean this is about on par with a teenager's fanfiction, not a professionally written story. This is an atrocity.
    This is what Warcraft has always been.

People said the same thing about WOD's Hellfire Citadel cinematic when it first leaked. There was a lot of "This is clearly out of context!", "This has to be a placeholder or misdirection, don't be so naive!", or "This is obviously not the final cinematic for the raid, you would be daft to assume so!".

While it would be nice if we were getting a well-written ending, this entire expansion has maintained a very basic and lazy plot structure up to this point.

I'm just going to take this for what it is and hope that 9.0 is better.

Eh, uninteresting Old God gets killed by anime-type attack. Azshara was the highlight of the expansion for me anyway, everything else lore-wise was trash.

Any updates on Azshara's final fate?

I highly doubt it’s a misdirect. I’m not sure how after all the bad writing we’ve been through this expansion people aren’t able to take this for what it is. It’s bad writing and a really janky end to a badly written plot (imo). If it is a misdirect consider me misdirected. People raise their expectations far too high sometimes especially after being presented with what we have in BfA. I think next expac they could definitely pull it together but not right now.

also, I have no idea why people want us to “imprison” N’zoth. That’s ridiculous. Blizzard would just bring him back as a one off villain in a raid and people would be complaining again. We either kill him or he does some scheming shit and screws us over somehow. Trapping him is a bigger copout than killing him imo. We already have far too many villains being brought back or trapped for later usage. If trapping him is part of his plan then that’s fine as that’d be a scheme but trapping him just to save him for later is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Hey i totally get your point. I also have had some great ideas about how a Black Empire expansion would look like and they could have made a very uniquely Old Gods expansion, that stood out from Cata. They could even make N'zoth a structure instead of just a boss, him being a constant pressence throughout the entire Black Empire zones, as his mass/tendrals are literally there, with zones of Aqir, Mantid and with allies in the form of titan constructs coming to Azeroths defense.

But that is the thing with most things in WoW Lore, you can make anything into an expansion if you want to. But if you had to choose, "another" old god expansion is not unique enough for the game. And N'Zoth is just not iconic enough to carry an entire expansion on his shoulders, both when it comes to the actual game, but also a face for WoW in general.

That is atleast what i believe.
    If fucking pandas carried an expansion on their own, I'd say the uber god of evil on Azeroth can do that too.

Eh, uninteresting Old God gets killed by anime-type attack. Azshara was the highlight of the expansion for me anyway, everything else lore-wise was trash.

Any updates on Azshara's final fate?
    She gets Grommash'd and we allow her to leave so long as she doesn't start any shit again.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Haven't watched it yet but if we use the HoA to stop N'Zoth then that lends only more credibility to @razorpax's leak. He said we'd find the true purpose of the necklace in 8.3.
    No, just no. All these "leaks" are just nonsense that idiots like you keep perpetuating and keeping alive by cherry picking one or two things that happen and going "Oh look, the big thing we all expected to happen and this leak talked about did happen!"

Literally everyone already knew as soon as we heard "legendary item" that by the end of the expansion that item would be retired. Likewise, seeing as expansions don't last forever a .3 patch is a safe guess for when it's retiring. It takes very little to put 2 and 2 together and get the most likely outcome.

These "leaks" all have several things in common: They're extremely vague and they shotgun out as much nonsense as they can, usually tossing in the most obvious and discussed topics in there as "fact".

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Don't expect too much from the same people who turned Sylvanas into Joffrey.
    Narrator: She was like this all along, her fans just refused to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by komlit View Post
    Again if this is true and it was not his plan to get into the shadow lands or something then this will be a big cop out.
    Why the Old gods are just inter-dimensional parasites?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Narrator: She was like this all along, her fans just refused to see it.
    Yeah its funny how her fans refuse to see it just like Garrosh's fans did. Dude literally is just keeps sending people to die in Northrend while you and Saurfang actually fix shit, attacks Alliance at the stupidest possible movement and nearly gets everyone killed in Twilight Highlands, etc... And they ignore all that because he tossed one guy off a cliff.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2019-10-22 at 06:55 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    If fucking pandas carried an expansion on their own, I'd say the uber god of evil on Azeroth can do that too.

She gets Grommash'd and we allow her to leave so long as she doesn't start any shit again.
    Yet the pandas were an original idea, especially for WoW, which gave it even a much better foundation for an expansion than pretty much any expansion before. If you want to introduce pandas and Pandaria, a new expansion is pretty much ideal.

N'Zoth is not the uber god of evil of Azeroth, far from it. That is the problem i think with how people see it. People think of N'Zoth as a huge bad guy, that has orcastrated many things through the history of WoW, but he has really done only a little bit more than C'Thun and Yogg'Saron. He is cool and big, but he is not that important in the WoW lore.

Especially since they have actually created things, that rule over the Old Gods, the Void Lords. If we are gonna see more corruption themed expansions, it would make much more sense to see it focused on them instead.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Yeah its funny how her fans refuse to see it just like Garrosh's fans did. Dude literally is just keeps sending people to die in Northrend while you and Saurfang actually fix shit, attacks Alliance at the stupidest possible movement and nearly gets everyone killed in Twilight Highlands, etc... And they ignore all that because he tossed one guy off a cliff.
    Yup, exactly. Fans of villains don't seem to like them for what they actually are, but what they want them to me. And then bitch and moan when their villainy reaches its natural conclusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    No, just no. All these "leaks" are just nonsense that idiots like you keep perpetuating and keeping alive by cherry picking one or two things that happen and going "Oh look, the big thing we all expected to happen and this leak talked about did happen!"

Literally everyone already knew as soon as we heard "legendary item" that by the end of the expansion that item would be retired. Likewise, seeing as expansions don't last forever a .3 patch is a safe guess for when it's retiring. It takes very little to put 2 and 2 together and get the most likely outcome.

These "leaks" all have several things in common: They're extremely vague and they shotgun out as much nonsense as they can, usually tossing in the most obvious and discussed topics in there as "fact".
    I'm only replying to this in the event that one of the leaks turns out to be real. Then you'll look like a big dumb-dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Ye its really common sense these days to say something is bad just because you personaly dont like it.
    If you like Blizzard's writing then The last Jedi and season 7/8 of Game of Thrones will blow your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Haven't watched it yet but if we use the HoA to stop N'Zoth then that lends only more credibility to @razorpax's leak. He said we'd find the true purpose of the necklace in 8.3.

EDIT: Just watched it. For an in-game cutscene, that actually looked pretty cool if you ask me. So it seems like we seal N'Zoth in the Heart Chamber?
    Dude, he is full of shit. He also said that a new dungeon was coming in 8.3, which besides the 12 boss figure (which even I predicted >.<) was the only specific thing. The rest he mentions is so vague that it would be irrelevant even if he actually knew what 9.0 is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    This is anime material LOL

What a way of ending with N'zoth, now we are Thrall but instead of the Dragonsoul we use the Heart of Azeroth.

And what a fuckup, seriously, weren't these things getting encripted?
    even worse
    this is like when all the the dragon ball z fighters gave songoku or gohan their willpower so he can kamehameha stronger
    An Karanir Thanagor,
    Mor Ok Angalor..

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    basic and uncreative end to a mediocre gameplay at best and shit story at worst expansion.
    This is literally a repentance of our artifact weapons being consumed. Meh, why even bother grinding, and why even having this normal fight instead of something great, a god in it's true form, freed, being this. Ah well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    If you like Blizzard's writing then The last Jedi and season 7/8 of Game of Thrones will blow your mind.
    What are you saying... BEST. SEASON. EVAA!!

Magni: Omae wa mou shindeiru
    N'zoth: Nani?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by komlit View Post

We better not kill him or this better be part of his plan for all the build up. This would be a cop out
    What, you thought after Sargeras got defeated in a cinematic they weren't gonna pull another McGuffin?

10+ Year Old Account
    It should have been an appariting of Magni behind the player character shooting the laser from the Heart of Azeroth and have a good ole' fashioned beam struggle between N'Zoth and the player character.

Father-Son-Kamehameha style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by azka View Post

This is what we all saw.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azka View Post

Hahahhaha this so much. This cinematic is ruined for all eternity.