Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnorris View Post
    nothing hard about reading friend. especially when what i am reading is mildly entertaining and well thought out treacle.
    your insecurities are showing. look i understand if being the all knowing lore guy is important to a person like you. im sure its really impressive gets you a lot of girls.
    but come on questioning my reading age is just embarrassing and child like. you are discrediting your superior intellect now. making your self look just a wee bit foolish in front of people who you believe respect you and your vast knowledge of the goings on of azeroth. how will people know who you are now since you created a new account.

oh and I am sorry for replying to an open post on an open forum and becoming bored half way through reading that tripe.

god bless your cotton socks.

respectfully
    Your attempts to joke are really comparable to your reading ability. Very bad. And please, do not play psychologist. It looks pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmwood View Post
    Your attempts to joke are really comparable to your reading ability. Very bad. And please, do not play psychologist. It looks pathetic.
    who is joking? you are completely misunderstanding me. as for psychologist again i made no jibes or anything like that about your psychological state. but now you have forced me to ask....
    are you on the autism spectrum or something? there is nothing wrong if you are. its common these days. could also explain your encyclopedic knowledge of azeroth? i absolutely respect someone with an ailment who struggles to fit into society being embroiled the lore of a fantasy world.

Respectfully.

who is joking? you are completely misunderstanding me. as for psychologist again i made no jibes or anything like that about your psychological state. but now you have forced me to ask....
    are you on the autism spectrum or something? there is nothing wrong if you are. its common these days. could also explain your encyclopedic knowledge of azeroth? i absolutely respect someone with an ailment who struggles to fit into society being embroiled the lore of a fantasy world.

Respectfully.
    It’s very difficult understand you without having experience communicating with people with your...nature

It’s very difficult understand you without having experience communicating with people with your...nature
    very difficult to* understand. fixed that for you.

also what you just wrote down makes no sense at all. your loosing your credibility post by post. stop embarrassing your self. this conversation is boring me now. you are boring me again. i asked you some simple questions which you danced around you are unable to answer questions therefore hold any form of intelligible conversation. that's generally how questions work. i ask you answer. you ask i answer. which in turn can lead to other topics.

Hope this Helps

Respectfully

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-10-25 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

very difficult to* understand. fixed that for you.

also what you just wrote down makes no sense at all. your loosing your credibility post by post. stop embarrassing your self. this conversation is boring me now. you are boring me again. i asked you some simple questions which you danced around you are unable to answer questions therefore hold any form of intelligible conversation. that's generally how questions work. i ask you answer. you ask i answer. which in turn can lead to other topics.

Hope this Helps

Respectfully
    You are the most uninteresting troll I've ever met

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Take this argument to PM's or ignore one another, either way drop it from the thread.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    1. In the arthas novel Illidan destroyed Arthas in the 1v1. he didnt even duell wielded at the start just to mock him. than arthas got his first magic lucky strike. and illidan survived it with no probelm and completly controlled the fight. Arthas himself stated he cant do anything against Illidans fire and illidan would have one there but went for the meele kill and got another no skill luck strike from arthas. wow arthas really won this by power and skill or?
    A victory is a victory. It sent Illidan fleeing back to outland and completely stopped his assault on the frozen throne.

Besides, that was before Arthas was even the Lich King.

2. Illidan used all his magic before we fought him and had trouble to stand up st first. And he trapped all of us and would have killed us if Maive didnt come to save us
    Yeah, and Maiev is just a punk-ass elf. Tirion needed literal divine intervention and the power of the souls trapped within Frostmourne to defeat Arthas.

3. this 3 shots deathwing tanked ? This were enough to gencide whole dragon flight , demon armys and more. Arthas would have vanished just by standing near it. Sindragosa arthas strongest dragon was a site effect kill by the dragonsoul being tested by deathwing.
    The Dragon Soul is only particularly potent against dragons. Thrall was able to hold it without much issue.

4. he actually does it durring the encounter but we stop him. since with end time we know the only reasons he isnt doing it , is because the old gods are against it.
    That's pretty post-hoc reasoning.

also pls remember LEI SHEN > ARTHAS LICHKING

AND LEI SHEN TOOK FOUR DAYS TO DEFEAT A WILD GOD
    This isn't just about Arthas, this is about the scourge. And that same tweet specified that Arthas would have destroyed the Thunder King's empire utterly.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    A victory is a victory. It sent Illidan fleeing back to outland and completely stopped his assault on the frozen throne.

Besides, that was before Arthas was even the Lich King.

Yeah, and Maiev is just a punk-ass elf. Tirion needed literal divine intervention and the power of the souls trapped within Frostmourne to defeat Arthas.

The Dragon Soul is only particularly potent against dragons. Thrall was able to hold it without much issue.

That's pretty post-hoc reasoning.

This isn't just about Arthas, this is about the scourge. And that same tweet specified that Arthas would have destroyed the Thunder King's empire utterly.
    Illidan lost due to self-confidence. This does not show the power of Arthas.
    Maiev is the strongest Warden of all. Why do people think that when PALADIN uses LIGHT is this divine intervention? Light is power. Not a god.
    Dragon Soul allows you to control dragons. This does not mean that Arthas will not turn to dust if you shoot him from this thing.
    The can-nothing empire is against the backdrop of the power of dragons with Aspects and creatures of nature (ancient, ents and others) and wild gods. Even the plague does not affect them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    Arthas was fine as a villain. His overall strategy was stupid, as is the case with the vast majority of WoW villains, but I think he served his purpose just fine. He often showed up in Northrend to really drive forward the idea that his reach was threatening most regions outside of Icecrown, so he became a much more personal threat than Illidan, who never appeared (save for a few quests in Shadowmoon).

Arthas' overall plan was stupid though. If his Scourge was so powerful that unleashed it could have annihilated the world, then he didn't need to turn us into generals to achieve that goal. His plan was nonsensical, but again, which villain in WoW had a brilliant plan? Even Kil'jaeden, who was very cunning in Warcraft III, didn't really have an elaborate strategy in Legion.
    The whole "there must always be a Lich King" plot point really damaged the, well, Lich King if you ask me. The guy is supposed to be incredibly powerful, but he's actually holding his army back from its intended purpose of overrunning the world.

To say nothing of how little sense it makes that a horde of mindless undead would be a massive threat in a world with nukes, super undead-killing weapons, large-scale magic, and things like dragons that can carpet bomb an entire battlefield. The Scourge's victories in WC3 were largely down to Arthas himself, outside of his betrayal and subsequent conquests it never managed to do that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan lost due to self-confidence. This does not show the power of Arthas.
    Like I said, a victory is a victory. It doesn't matter how it's achieved.

Maiev is the strongest Warden of all.
    She's still just an elf.

Why do people think that when PALADIN uses LIGHT is this divine intervention? Light is power. Not a god.
    Debatable in warcraft lore.

Dragon Soul allows you to control dragons. This does not mean that Arthas will not turn to dust if you shoot him from this thing.
    Not everybody can wield the Dragon soul. You need to empower it with the dragon aspect's power and focus it through the focusing iris. Not to mention the heroes needed to travel back into the past to secure it in the first place; something that would have never happened if Arthas had succeeded.

The can-nothing empire is against the backdrop of the power of dragons with Aspects and creatures of nature (ancient, ents and others) and wild gods. Even the plague does not affect them.
    The plague very much effects nature. You have zero lore backing up that wild gods "aren't affected by the plague." And so far as we've seen, EVERYTHING can be affected by necromancy. Old god minions can be turned, Dragons can be turned, titanic creations like giants can be turned... There's zero reason to think that the scourge wouldn't be able to turn a dragon aspect or wild god.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-10-26 at 03:25 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The whole "there must always be a Lich King" plot point really damaged the, well, Lich King if you ask me. The guy is supposed to be incredibly powerful, but he's actually holding his army back from its intended purpose of overrunning the world.

To say nothing of how little sense it makes that a horde of mindless undead would be a massive threat in a world with nukes, super undead-killing weapons, large-scale magic, and things like dragons that can carpet bomb an entire battlefield. The Scourge's victories in WC3 were largely down to Arthas himself, outside of his betrayal and subsequent conquests it never managed to do that much.
    That's the problem. His strategy to keep the Scourge on the defensive was to gain new generals to use against the world....... but he never needed to do that in the first place. He could have laid waste to the world without turning us into his minions, thus negating his entire strategy.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    That's the problem. His strategy to keep the Scourge on the defensive was to gain new generals to use against the world....... but he never needed to do that in the first place. He could have laid waste to the world without turning us into his minions, thus negating his entire strategy.
    Yeah, his entire plan made no sense whatsoever. Why does he even need us as generals when he already has a host of powerful lieutenants that we need to group up to defeat?

The scourge is scary, for the living. The scourge can win against the dragon aspects and the wild gods, as they are alive and vulnerable to them.

Scourge against the legion would fail. Scourge against the old gods would fail. Because they cannot raise or corrupt to get the superior numbers they need.

The scourge is highly dependant on overwhelming numbers. While it has powerfull champions, overall they are not the smartest or most tactical, worst of all, they lack determination or genuine willpower. They have versions of those, purely based on the idea that time and time again they will be raised. There are no personal stakes for scourge nor is there care about others.

This is why Arthas' plan to make the entire world undead was doomed from the start. Had he succeeded, the legion would have wiped out the scourge way to easily. Not even by just stripping the lich king of his power (which is why Bolvar stayed away from the fighting himself), but by steamrolling over the less powerfull forces of the scourge. And without the mortal determination to stop the legion at every step, the legion could muster way more forces way faster on a scourge controlled azeroth.

Even though the void forces cannot directly manipulate the scourge, again their own vast forces and better oversight would again, steamroll the scourge.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Like I said, a victory is a victory. It doesn't matter how it's achieved.

She's still just an elf.

Debatable in warcraft lore.

Not everybody can wield the Dragon soul. You need to empower it with the dragon aspect's power and focus it through the focusing iris. Not to mention the heroes needed to travel back into the past to secure it in the first place; something that would have never happened if Arthas had succeeded.

The plague very much effects nature. You have zero lore backing up that wild gods "aren't affected by the plague." And so far as we've seen, EVERYTHING can be affected by necromancy. Old god minions can be turned, Dragons can be turned, titanic creations like giants can be turned... There's zero reason to think that the scourge wouldn't be able to turn a dragon aspect or wild god.
    1. It does matter if we want to use it as a example of how strong someone is. Or is Alexandros weaker than is oldest son ?

2. 10.000 year old elf vs 60 year old human

3. not really? the light is a cosmic force. just like shadow, death , life and so on

4. if arthas had succeded he would have lost the moment deathwing emerges. HE HAS NOTHING TO KILL HIM.

5. Huh? worgen cant be turned undead and they are wild god cursed beings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep View Post
    The scourge is scary, for the living. The scourge can win against the dragon aspects and the wild gods, as they are alive and vulnerable to them.

Scourge against the legion would fail. Scourge against the old gods would fail. Because they cannot raise or corrupt to get the superior numbers they need.

The scourge is highly dependant on overwhelming numbers. While it has powerfull champions, overall they are not the smartest or most tactical, worst of all, they lack determination or genuine willpower. They have versions of those, purely based on the idea that time and time again they will be raised. There are no personal stakes for scourge nor is there care about others.

This is why Arthas' plan to make the entire world undead was doomed from the start. Had he succeeded, the legion would have wiped out the scourge way to easily. Not even by just stripping the lich king of his power (which is why Bolvar stayed away from the fighting himself), but by steamrolling over the less powerfull forces of the scourge. And without the mortal determination to stop the legion at every step, the legion could muster way more forces way faster on a scourge controlled azeroth.

Even though the void forces cannot directly manipulate the scourge, again their own vast forces and better oversight would again, steamroll the scourge.
    His plan was doomed because deathwing would have destroyed him. and if not him any other dragonaxpect could have done it

Quote Originally Posted by kirkj View Post
    arthas killed sapphiron when he was much weaker

worgen death knights exist
    1. Sapphiron alone took a army to defeat. And he is a insect in size and powercompared to Deathwing. Remember Khadgar couldn’t fight pre buffed Deathwing , because his spells were to weak to even get close to him. And Khadgar is no joke.

Also about worgen : Not only are the Val'kyr less powerful than the Lich King when it comes to raising the undead, but the worgen curse also makes raising them into undeath far more difficult than it is for normal humans. The worgen curse has roots in both the Emerald Dream (through the wolf Ancient, Goldrinn) and the holy power of the goddess Elune. In addition, those worgen who imbibe the waters of Tal'doren—through the ritual they undergo to maintain balance between the worgen curse and their humanity—have a further resistance to the corruption of undeath.

Wild god blessing gives you resistance against Undead and we have yet to see a undead one , raised by a mortal.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    WC3 Scourge was a major world ending threat.

WoW Scourge is still a major world ending threat but due to the nature of MMOs needing to raise the stakes every couple of years things have got so ridiculous that they don't feel like it anymore.

Unfortunately things haven't made a good transition from original WC to the mockery WoW turned it all into.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post

WoW Scourge is still a major world ending threat but due to the nature of MMOs needing to raise the stakes every couple of years things have got so ridiculous that they don't feel like it anymore.

Unfortunately things haven't made a good transition from original WC to the mockery WoW turned it all into.
    Source for scourge being world ending in WC3?

They were very much a threat early on against humans and elves. WC3 lore was vastly simple compared to the mess we have now. Sure we've had more threatening forces like Deathwing alone and the legion we faced last expansion needed attention by numerous factions and leaders (class halls covered much of them).

That's not to say the scourge is overrated. If we didn't succeed in Wrath, it would be difficult to predict how much stronger Arthas and his army would have reached until some Titan shenanigan became involved. It's strength grows with it's victories, turning strong enemies into allies.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

3+ Year Old Account
    You're overrated.

A legion of zombies that are relentless? Sounds kinda OP to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post

Quoted for thread ending truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/