Poll: Bring back a standard gear system + tier sets?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No it doesn't "feel bad" it's fucking jealousy in purest form. In other words you will never be happy as long as someone can get better gear than you.
    It's not jealousy. I don't mind seeing Method raiders with great gear because I know they have earned it.

A lot of people agree with me.

Players shouldn't be able to get better gear from easier content. Gear from a Mythic boss should ALWAYS be better than gear from a Heroic boss. A Razor Coral from Heroic Ashvane should never be better than a Razor Coral from Mythic Ashvane.

A blind monkey can kill Heroic Ashvane.. it can get a banana, but not a 450 Razor Coral with a socket.

- - - Updated - - -

You killed ashvane, they didn't.
    Exactly, so I should get a better reward. Glad we agree.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-10-30 at 12:59 PM.

No it doesn't "feel bad" it's fucking jealousy in purest form. In other words you will never be happy as long as someone can get better gear than you.
    You killed ashvane, they didn't.
    welcome to mmoc

I wish there was a way to somehow make WoW gearing feel like Diablo gearing:

Return of best in slot lists
    I like knowing at the beginning of the tier what items I want. Maybe a few minor slots have a couple options, or there are pieces you can swap out for cleave/multitarget fights vs. single target, but overall there should be a defined set of gear for each spec.

Spec/class defining items
    Items that actually change how a class or spec plays. I know some people will disagree, because it feels bad to *not* have that item, but I love the feeling in Diablo of targeting a specific item and finally getting it and feeling like now your class is at its full potential. This wouldn't even be new for WoW, it's been done in the past, most notably with trinkets.

Primal/Ancient Primal
    Keep warforging/titanforging, but get rid of the RNG - instead of random tertiary stats, gem slots, etc., just make them the same item but "stronger".

For me this is a decent middle ground between the old way (Vanilla/TBC/Wrath) where you had static items and once you had BiS there was nothing more to do, and the new way which is just RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG, where you need 3rd party websites to calculate which items are the best because almost any item could potentially be BiS depending on how it rolls. When there's no BiS list, you'll always have the chance for an upgrade but that also means you're never satisfied with your gear unless you somehow get a perfectly titanforged roll of the best item for that slot.

Static loot drops like Classic please. Every boss (including dungeons) has a fixed loot table. Every item has a fixed set of stats, no random 10 different pants with varying degrees of 70-140 haste + 70-140 vers.

Either make sockets fixed or make it so that sockets are something a Jeweler or a Blacksmith can add - base items then drop without a socket, have a chance to upgrade with some socket slots, but you can ultimately add the socket slots via professions anyways (the proc on drop basically just saves you money).

Keep wf and tf, wf is capped at +10 ilvls, tf at +15 ilvls and re-add item upgrades in 5 ilvl increments - any item can be upgraded a maximum number of 3 times, a tf proc on drop just saves you some upgrading time (also make it so that you can fully upgrade like 2-3 items each week just so that the process doesn't take 5 months and you can actually think about upgrading offgear pieces as well). Give upgrading a weekly cap and make it so that you'll realistically reach it after clearing a whole raid + 1 m+10 dungeon or like 15 m+10 dungeons or some shit - point in a cap is so that people don't go ham on upgrading currency in the first 2-3 weeks and completely burn out, it's supposed to be an ongoing nerf to content (you could even make it so that you start out with 1 item upgrade per week and then 1 month later it increases to 3 for the same amount of effort). The important part is that there's an end in sight with this.

Enchants back for like every gear slot pls. Half the professions feel useless because nowadays it's all about just building shit. Give professions fixed items as well, no more random roll crap, more Lionheart Helmet shit. Gate this shit so that you have to kill like 10 mythic bosses before you can make mythic ilvl pieces and so on - these items are supposed to fill in holes in your itemization and not get you ready to raid with BiS items week 1. These items can also be upgraded.

This should serve as a solid baseline item system that has everyone knowing where they want to / need to go but there's still plenty of randomness involved so people still get that uuuh, lucky me moment - although now that lucky me moment is basically just 1 free item upgrade that everyone else is gonna get anyways. You might feel sad because Bob got his BiS weapon tf'ed and you only got your random bracers tf'ed, but in 1 week you'll have your weapon upgraded just as well and it's not gonna matter anyways. Same with sockets.

Stats-wise keep everything except for Versatility and add back Multistrike instead.
    Crit serves the purpose of sometimes bigger numbers. Haste is more numbers. Mastery should cover the %more damage/healing or less damage taken for tanks - I don't see why most tanks need a mastery that gives them +damage/healing and less damage taken... and then vers on top of that, with most of the time 1 just having clearly better scalings. Multistrike is similar to crit, but with a slightly worse scaling, but it'll effectively have you fire 2 spell in a row giving you double proc chance and shit.
    Armor Pen was a nice thing but it was indeed too confusing to figure out what fucking 3% armor pen meant for your damage, just fuck that. Crit doubles your damage, haste fastens your damage, mastery steadily increases your damage, Multistrike is basically a mix of Haste and Crit. Hit, def cap, expertise and mana regen are probably way too outdated mechanics and would require some serious game / combat mechanic reworks and the reintroduction of reforging - needlessly complex.

Imo these all would fix basically everything. People get their BiS lists back, Blizzard gets to keep random TF proc shit, but it's in no way stupidly broken anymore. At the same time professions become a lot more relevant again since their items and item modifications become a lot more relevant again. If stats are already too complex now then we can't add even more shit or we'll end up like Path of Exile. 4 simple stats should be plenty and every spec should make it rather obvious what's its most desired stat. It's the azerite trait shit with random procs on everything that needs to go. There's also no need for silly 3% more vers for the chance to spawn a giant voidzone under your feet affixes - if you want that kiss/curse system make it a controllable part of the game in the form of glyphs or some shit, but not a random affix proc on items.

I'd gladly take the Legion gear model back, especially the late Legion version where legendaries became deterministic.

Artifacts were awesome. Legendaries were fun. Tier sets are missed. I hate the BFA gear lotto but I don't want to go back to pre-Legion, either.