Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Leak - removed from Reddit and 4chan

Hey all, I've been screen grabbing all the leaks that get posted no matter how preposterous they sound just to see if any mysteriously disappear. This one was posted both reddit and 4chan before vanishing... reposting everywhere I can.

Here are the highlights:

Title: Age of Exploration

Premise: Azeroth is left scarred from years of conflict, the latest war between Horde/Alliance and an unleashed old god have brought the world soul and many races to the brink of death. The opening patch revolves around exploring and finding new lands and resources to help rebuild a shattered world, namely in search of the fabled Dragon Isles, which allegedly hold numerous untapped resources we can use to help heal the land.

As we explore, numerous mysteries seem to be connected to the theme of death/shadowlands activity being on the rise... this sets the stage for later patches.

Alexstraza/Nozdormu/Kalecgos are missing.

Features:

Level Cap: Increased to 130

Islands ->
    • 3 new islands to discover before unlocking access to the Dragon Isles.
    • Each island is an individual zone with it's own story.

-Ships ->
    • Each player gets their own ship with a crew placed under their command at the start of the expansion.
    • Your mode of transport to get you to and from each new island you explore.
    • To find a new island you use a scouting map similar to Legion's.
    • You can recruit additional crew members onto your ship via quests and as you discover them on the new islands.
    • Ships are customizable and serve as a form of player housing.
    • Guild flagships/carriers are available as well. Unknown exactly how/when they are attained, but they are a sizable gold sink.

Dragon Isles ->
    • Large 3 zone island chain which serves as the final leveling stretch and daily/world quest hub.
    • New faction of Drakonid with a large neutral port city which serves as the main city capitol. All dragon flights represented in various ways.
    • Alexstraza, Nozdorumu, and Kalecgos lead factions within the city and enlist your aid in quelling an invasion of undead and attempting to reverse the Dragon's inability to reproduce.

New Class: Tinker ->
    • Thematic to the rest of the expansion, as the focus is largely on exploration, finding resources, and building new outposts.
    • Ranged DPS, Tank, Healing specs.
    • DPS spec uses guns and turrets.
    • Tank spec uses mech suits with racial mech suits available to the playable races.
    • Healing spec uses bots to heal.
    • Available to gnomes, mechagnomes, goblins, draenei, LF draenei, forsaken, and maghar orcs. (Mechagnomes and LF Draeinei apparently share the same racial mech suits with Gnomes and Draenei)

New Secondary Profession: Builder
    • Able to be trained at level 120.
    • Unlocks new designs for your ship as well unique customizations.
    • Needed to expand and upgrade your ship/home/flagship.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to add, Wrathion is a major character who accompanies you on your ship.

Ah, yep. Dragons, Tinkers, and Shadowlands. You got all the points.

this is by far the worst leak ever seen in this forum, so it has to be true.

Sounds boring af.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Ah, yep. Dragons, Tinkers, and Shadowlands. You got all the points.
    He missed the level squish though, so B+ at best, imo.

Yeah, let's remove it from here too.

7+ Year Old Account
    3 out of 4 trademarks for a fake leak.

Even the name sounds atrocious and unlike anything blizz would make.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worldsoul View Post
    -Ships ->
    • Each player gets their own ship with a crew placed under their command at the start of the expansion.
    • Your mode of transport to get you to and from each new island you explore.
    • To find a new island you use a scouting map similar to Legion's.
    • You can recruit additional crew members onto your ship via quests and as you discover them on the new islands.
    • Ships are customizable and serve as a form of player housing.
    • Guild flagships/carriers are available as well. Unknown exactly how/when they are attained, but they are a sizable gold sink.
    I can't. Not again.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Ships being a form of player housing. Hitting two birds in one stone. Sounds like something Blizzard would do.

Underwhelming enough to be true. The players are hungry for something big and if they don’t get it this time, gg.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2019-10-25 at 07:51 AM.

I didn't know how much I wanted costumizable ships and island/sea exploration in mmorpg until I read this and somehow got excited over a fake

Why bother wracking your brain for a synopsis when the ongoing plot is going to be about 2-3% of the actual product and the leveling campaign is just doing chores for random, half-assed outposts. Just make up other shit instead that makes your content more benign and easy to BS about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Down to its name, there isn't a single thing that I find believable about this leak. You're telling me the new zone of the expansion would have only three zones?

Probably the worst leak to date. Zero effort. :/
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

To make a leak believable you should at least put some degree of effort into the name. This is on "Wrath of the Bolvar" levels of bad.

I can imagine the boooooo voices coming from the crowd upon seeing something like this.

It better be epic!

It was removed because it was bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was a good idea to remove it, what about we remove it here too.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

You have thought up a really, really poor leak here.

It is bad and you should feel bad.