Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    Then you never did the Argus questline? Because she's one of the main characters there...
    So what? I had more interaction with the Highmountain chieftain. That's what i meant with the comparison. She's some random questgiver, co-leader of something-or-another faction.
    Not really remarkable.

That's cause the "haters" never understood why people like Sylvanas (or tolerated it for that matter).

I liked Sylv in WC3 a lot.
    I didn't give a fart about Alleria in WC2.

Blizzard love the gurl who do the voice of Sylvanas. You can see it every blizzcon during the voices of warcraft part.

She is like the highlight of the segment.

She isnt going nowhere, she is here to stay

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    I am convinced that Sylvanas' popularity has little to do with her nature and character, but far more because some blizz devs have just pumped her up, and ofucsed all the interesting plots and character portrayals to involve her.

My prediction is that Alleria would be more popular by some margin if she had/has the same focus from the devs as Sylvanas.
    Alliance members were excited about Alleria and Turalyon for along time then boom both were complete disappointments....one blinded by the light and the other is a time bomb for the hentai gods.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Everyone knows the two reasons she's always been popular.
    I liked her when she wanted to put her foot in every breathing orcs ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    So what? I had more interaction with the Highmountain chieftain. That's what i meant with the comparison. She's some random questgiver, co-leader of something-or-another faction.
    Not really remarkable.
    Alleria has as much screentime as Mayla, if not more. Alleria plays a pivotal role in Mac'aree but also saves you from death at the beginning of the invasion of Argus and also appears in the Antorus raid, while also playing a pivotal role in the Battle of Lordaeron and even appearing in its final cinematic in BfA.
    and the other is a time bomb for the hentai gods.
    Judging by the visions of N'Zoth, so is Thrall and everyone else living in both Orgrimmar and Stormwind, yet I don't see anyone complaining about that.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Alliance members were excited about Alleria and Turalyon for along time then boom both were complete disappointments....one blinded by the light and the other is a time bomb for the hentai gods.

- - - Updated - - -

I liked her when she wanted to put her foot in every breathing orcs ass.
    At this point it's hard to tell what the Alliance really thinks. Whenever they get something they complain it sucks, then move on to talk about Horde Bias and demand a payoff and if they get that payoff, they will complain it suck and talk some more about Horde Bias...

I remember when belfs wanted Alleria and the Alliance said she was theirs, after they got her it wasn't such a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    wait theres 3 of them?
    Sylvanas, Vereesa, Alleria.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    It’s only Thalassian elves. Night Elves seem to stick together. What’s the difference between night elf men and high/blood elf men that has high elf women going for humans instead?
    Warcraft writers are weird, the men hook their humans up with elf wives, and the women make up dragon human relationships
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I disagree. Alleria is just an orc killing fanatic that out of the blue was able to resist the Void. Sylvanas background, personality and motivations are far more complex. Sure, one of them has seen some (awful, mind you) development while the other did not but still Sylvanas had way more potential than Alleria. IMO Sylv was one of the characters with the most potential to create stories around.

Alleria's claim to fame is that she was good at archery and boned a human, which would be unique if the other two Windrunner sisters weren't also good at archery and also boned humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    You got it, bud. That also applies to every character from everything ever
    Pretty much.

With the exception of Bobba Fett and the likes, which IMO is largely undeserved.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    Alleria's claim to fame is that she was good at archery and boned a human, which would be unique if the other two Windrunner sisters weren't also good at archery and also boned humans.
    The good ol' jokes about the difference between male and female blood elves seems awfully fitting. Can't find a high/blood elf male, have to go to humans instead. Rhonin, Turalyon and Nathanos. All the good men are human.

Character popular because company behind character chose to make the character popular.

Isn't this how fiction works?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Sylvanas, Vereesa, Alleria.
    oh ye totaly forgot about vareesa, its hard to remember characters that dont do anything

Allow me to link another thread that says it all about the Lich Queen's popularity:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Add in that one of the senior writers has a well known obsession with her, and here we are.

Like most of Metzen's characters, she was one note, revenge on Arthas. After Wrath, they've been throwing things against the wall and ultimately had her turn into a mustache twirling Lich Queen, almost a parody of her former self. You'd think anyone who claimed to like her in WC3 - Wrath would hate what she turned into...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    I am convinced that Sylvanas' popularity has little to do with her nature and character, but far more because some blizz devs have just pumped her up, and ofucsed all the interesting plots and character portrayals to involve her.

My prediction is that Alleria would be more popular by some margin if she had/has the same focus from the devs as Sylvanas.
    Your prediction is 100% wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas has been popular since Frozen Throne because she wasn't one of the extremes of Warcraft 3 (good Maiev and Evil Arthas) whilst being as edgy as Illidan. That carried into people liking her in WoW until every time the writers brought her to the forefront to chop a piece off of her towards trying to make her perceived as straight up evul till BfA where they went "screw it" lopped it off and went with stupid evil.

Alleria hasn't been characterised for years and when she turns up she reveals she is this super cool student of a Ethereal Void Master who isn't corrupted and btw she is also an amazing conduit for Void powers and super good at keeping the corruption at bay and oh look void elves. Not to mention her husband who is fully "embrace the light" is totally fine with her being a literal embodiment of his antithesis and super chill with her hearing whispers of evil other worldly beings whilst leading a group of similarly unhinged individuals. In other words, press x to doubt she would be as popular.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by ecospherez View Post
    Character popular because company behind character chose to make the character popular.

Isn't this how fiction works?
    We see how popular Baine is with Horde players
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Sylvanas was as great a character that you could create in an RTS game and she continues to be one in WoW. I know I'll be ripped apart for that statement, but I just think that's the case ^^

Alleria used to be a good character too, but she is kind of shallow at the moment, which could change at any point. I really liked her going into fighting stance even before Genn in the Lordaeron ending-cinematic, as soon as Sylvanas started getting up from the throne.
    If they get to actually characterizing her and giving her meaningful dialogue, she's going to be good. If they don't she won't be. That's kind of the point with good or bad characters.
    The thing with Alleria was that she wasn't a fleshed out character. She was a flat, one dimensional hero unit from an RTS game. She hated orcs and hunted them. A couple of books added her eventually falling for Rhonin. That was really all she had. Because she was a blank slate players were able to project onto her what they wanted. When she was actually introduced and explored as a character and people's headcanon was torn apart they reacted violently. Breadisfunny comes to mind.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.