Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    They've said that covenants will be a large number of small choices rather than one big choice which makes it harder to pick a definitive answer.

Also unless you are a Hall of Fame guild it literally doesn't matter pick whichever one you want. If you are in a Hall of Fame guild you signed up for the whole Min/Max life
    This. I'm not sure why 99% of the playerbase is even concerned about min maxing....just enjoy the game and stop trying to be a world first poser.

Who cares which one sims best im gonna force my mythic raiders to go owl people or they get the bench.
    Last edited by keldarepewpew; 2019-11-04 at 01:36 PM.

A choice to go for the min/max-ed covenant is still a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    People will take the one with the mathematically best skills and that's it. I don't get why Blizzard thinks this gives choice to the players. It absolutely does not. Especially with this 'you can only choose one, so choose wisely' crap. This will only make me look up a guide on what's providing the best DPS/HPS/Utility.

Am I missing something here or is this system a really dumb idea?
    Just because you might Choose "0,6% more Damage" over "This Ability is more fun", doesnt mean everyone does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    Who cares whick one sims best im gonna force my mythic raiders to go owl people or they get the bench.
    Hahaha, thats awesome.

Edit:
    To be Fair, I probably choose my Covenant based on my Character, and which fits best from a Aestethic point of view.
    Paladin goes to the Angel Guys, Druid to the Fae guys. and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Just because you might Choose "0,6% more Damage" over "This Ability is more fun", doesnt mean everyone does.
    Honestly think the covenant specific abilities will be the main decider, there are some very neat m+ skip mechanics on at least 2 of the 4 covenants.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosen View Post
    I doubt Blizzard will allow that to happen.
    *laugh* "NO! You are not allowed to take the Covenant with the Highest Output, Also you are not allowed to play the Spec with the highest output anymore" ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    You're not, it's exactly as stupid a system as you think.

They've admitted you can switch covenants, but it's a commitment to do so. In other words, if you flex between roles at all and your best is on one covenant for DPS but it's your worst for your heal spec or vice versa, you're going to either accept being the best at one but worst at the other or pick a third covenant with two mediocre specs.

A horrible system, but about what I expect for Blizzard these days. They're so blind to actual player behavior.
    I think players will make this unworkable by laughably fixating on min/max distinctions that will only effect competitive, esports level play. 100% any composition of covenants will be fine to clear any content, including Mythic, but people will refuse to invite the non minmax for normal pugs because they are kidding themselves about how dire it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    Honestly think the covenant specific abilities will be the main decider, there are some very neat m+ skip mechanics on at least 2 of the 4 covenants.
    So in your opinion everyone will go "Vampire" because they have a teleport with 40 yard radius on a 2min cd?

EDIT: "Transcend in flesh" seems better, now that i see

I mean, by that logic choice never existed in any game whatsoever... min maxing always exists.
    I know people blame developers for this, for some reason, but it's entirely a player created problem which can't be solved. Either you min max or you don't. If you do min max you don't have much choice, if you don't you have plenty of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    So in your opinion everyone will go "Vampire" because they have a teleport with 40 yard radius on a 2min cd?
    Either that or the one where you leave ur body behind and become invisible. It reads as if you can run away 60 yards from your body and ur body will teleport to where your soul is.

Either that or the one where you leave ur body behind and become invisible. It reads as if you can run away 60 yards from your body and ur body will teleport to where your soul is.
    Yeah i edited my post nice catch...we all know Mythic+ players love to skip trash
    3min CD

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    And I will say "screw you, my paladin is getting a halo and giant angel wings, IDGAF if it's best in slot or not"
    Exactly, based on the plate armor alone I know where my plate wears are going. I can extrapolate those designs and the designs of the zones to place where I want my other characters to go. I don't even care what abilities they give or what soulbinds and abilities are offered.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just don't join a raiding guild full of autistic min-maxers and you'll be fine
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Yeah i edited my post nice catch...we all know Mythic+ players love to skip trash
    3min CD
    Yea it's just a way to crush the rogue requirement.

I read it more like you can scout out areas invisible then return not a teleport.

"Separate your soul from your body for 20 sec. Your soul is invisible and untargetable, though your body remains vulnerable. This effect will end early if you move further than 60 yds from your body. When Transcend the Flesh ends or is cancelled, your body rejoins with your soul."

It can be interpreted both ways.

Screw abilities, its all about the rewards.
    Gear/transmog toys mounts or whatever they will throw into their rep grinds.
    Vamps and necro will be my choices no doubt for said above items that will fit my warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    I read it more like you can scout out areas invisible then return not a teleport.

"Separate your soul from your body for 20 sec. Your soul is invisible and untargetable, though your body remains vulnerable. This effect will end early if you move further than 60 yds from your body. When Transcend the Flesh ends or is cancelled, your body rejoins with your soul."

It can be interpreted both ways.
    I dunno, the way they have written it makes it sound like your body is rejoining your soul, and not the other way around. Hence your body should teleport to where your soul currently is (60 yards ahead).

I dunno, the way they have written it makes it sound like your body is rejoining your soul, and not the other way around. Hence your body should teleport to where your soul currently is (60 yards ahead).
    You may be right.

But there is choice;
    you can always choose to be sub-par (which will be the case with 75% of all spec-convenant combo)!

Dammit, i just realized im a PvP'er and Venthyr's ability has a 2 second cast (T_T)
    Oh well, thats life Im more excited for the Soul Link partners and talent trees.