Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still in the air. Every expansion I tend to pick a new main. I have 1 of every character at max level so I might just randomly have people suggest one even if they have no knowledge about WoW.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always mained a DK since Wrath, so I doubt I'll be changing any time soon. Plus the Necrolords set just fits DKs, too.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Probably. My mains were Pally and DK, might pick up warlock along the way, but leaning toward DK to start. All dwarves, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    If 2h frost comes back i'll main it 100%
    This!
    (Tho i miss frost tanking aswell(and Blood dps))
    Get in my Belly!

I dinged my DK recently and I thought it was amazing in Legion as well, I really like Frost. The theme, gameplay. I have never been into Death Knights, not before Legion when I was doing all class halls. Loved that Class Hall story, and for the first time I am considering having it as main.

It will either be the Death Knight, my current main Demon Hunter or my mage. Those are the three that I am likely to level up first at least. All depends on class changes of course.

I would do it in a heart beat if they reworked the rune system. But waiting for runes is so boring and there is no point to it.

Take Frost DK for instance, you only want cast Howling Blast if you have Rime up (most of the time at least), otherwise its obliterate spam all day + cooldowns. I mean, what is really the point of the current rune system? It gives you no choice during combat so it feels meaningless.

Other than that I really really like the class fantasy and spells. I just wish it had a more fluid combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably going to main either my BDK or paladin, but really am open to whatever. Will have to wait until beta to see what I'll end with

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Not really sure why so many people are so upset about this. Bolvar has literally chilled on his throne for the past 5 expansions. There is literally nothing to suggest he is anywhere near an Arthas level Lich King.
    I suggest you read about The Worf Effect. What exactly was the point of showing Bolvar looking all badass if he's just going to get his ass handed to him without landing a single blow? Worf, that's why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nooooooooooooo. I have two dks one frost and one unholy and I don't like both specs.
    Compared to warrior I always feel like a slow Mo warrior.
    Unholy is super weird imho

I still don't know who I'll main. Eventually my druid again or one of my huntresses (what's the plural?)
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Thematically, playing a DK seems like a great idea.

Then I realize the absolute state of DKs right now and Blizzard's apparent lack of "class overhauls" for Shadowkeep, so not a chance I'd play current DK with a few flavour skills being returned (and never used!)

Frost is still entirely balanced around BoS, its ~8-10% ahead of the closest alternative build which is just mindless wack-a-mole anyway. BoS creates a highly punishing playstyle that encourages doing the bare minimum inbetween BoS usage. Terrible lack of depth, basically played identically with the same talent setup since Legion.

Unholy is a triple resource fiesta. Runes, Runic Power and Wounds. With a bloat of active skills on top just makes for a lot of plate juggling without the payoff. Similarly to frost, it hasn't changed much since the Legion changes and if anything got worse.

Yes, both frost and unholy can perform. Unholy has fantastic AoE/Cleave burst in M+ and Frost has strong ST and cleave with good numbers in Eternal Palace so far. But performance alone isn't a reason to play a DK. They are far from a valuable class to bring to a raid, AMZ might help and Gorefiend would if it came back to all specs but otherwise they're just raw dps with no utility.

Between frost being stuck as DW now(they'll never change this because of artifact skins) and BoS/Triple resource mess I could never see the fantasy of playing one in Shadowlands outweight the pain of playing the actual specs.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I suggest you read about The Worf Effect. What exactly was the point of showing Bolvar looking all badass if he's just going to get his ass handed to him without landing a single blow? Worf, that's why.
    Except that's not it at all. Key part of the Worf effect is that the "Worf" character needs to be established as being tough...so that the character that defeats him without breaking a sweat is shown to be even tougher than that guy. Bolvar has never been shown to be a "badass"...as I said he's spent 5 expansions literally chilling on his throne.

This is not Doomsday vs Superman. This is Doomsday vs Some Guy wearing a Superman T-shirt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bolvar has never been shown to be a "badass"
    Incorrect. He's visually established as a badass in like the first 20 seconds of the cinematic. If you watch some crowd reactions to the cinematic, you'll notice the part where he's shown got the loudest cheer from the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    Just feels right..
    Thematically yea, but I don't enjoy the playstyle currently of dk.

I'm leaning towards shaman if classes arn't getting the big over haul I'd hoped for. But I need to see how things shake out on the ptr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not.
    Don't like the way DK specs play these days.

I used to main DK, but then DH came, and they are a faster more mobile DK so.

Except that's not it at all. Key part of the Worf effect is that the "Worf" character needs to be established as being tough...so that the character that defeats him without breaking a sweat is shown to be even tougher than that guy. Bolvar has never been shown to be a "badass"...as I said he's spent 5 expansions literally chilling on his throne.

This is not Doomsday vs Superman. This is Doomsday vs Some Guy wearing a Superman T-shirt.
    Exactly! Thank you! Finally someone else gets it.

Bilvar is only the Lich King by a technicality that he was wearing the helmet. That doesn't mean he's automatically a badass powerhouse.

Against a normal human, sure, he's wreck them. But anyone of significant power in the WoW universe would do to him what Sylvanas did.

The only reason people are sore about that cinematic is because Sylvanas has not had her increase in power explained very well. And the explaining that has been done is in short stories and novels outside of the game.

I already have my main is a DK and has since Ulduar. I will however be leveling a DK alt to see their new starting zone and probably for some AR heritage armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Possibly but not because of Bolvar.

Goddamn I want two handed frost back though.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Incorrect. He's visually established as a badass in like the first 20 seconds of the cinematic. If you watch some crowd reactions to the cinematic, you'll notice the part where he's shown got the loudest cheer from the audience.
    "Visually established" doesn't mean anything. He's got no feats. All hat, no cattle.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Visually established" doesn't mean anything.
    It means everything. It literally follows the exact same concept.