Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    i will feel all my work for it would just disappear, that would just be a big turn off.
    Yep same, I've collected too much and invested too much time into everything to just pull a

For WoW 2. It might be easy for new players or non collectors but I could never do it.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

If everything I've collected in the original would carry over, then I'd try it out. If not, then I'd be sticking with the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    If they're squishing the levels and making old zones useless, why not just make an entirely new 2.0 version of the game at this point? I get that Classic is there for nostalgia so there's no reason to leave old useless areas when we could have an all new game from top to bottom.
    Oh loot, this original topic for the first.... errr... millionth time!

Thanks! Your perspective was unique in bringing this ... fresh topic .... into discussion!

*sigh*

If they can't make WoW right now, what makes you think WoW2 wouldn't be a train wreck? Cause i assure you, it would be. Starting from scratch is a bad idea.

Besides, if you place classic next to BfA, it already is a WoW2. The game looks completely different.

For what purpose? What would change?

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Making a WoW 2 is a looooooooot more work than just adjusting numbers, which is essentially what a stat/level squish is. And you don't have a guarantee that a lot of people will even swap over to the new game. MMOs have a high risk of flopping and have high development costs. Why go for a new WOW when you can keep the current one going for a lot less money?
    That's highly debatable at this point really. A 15+ years old game is not that cheap either to run, just look how fk ton of work they have to do to maintain it, and while creating new one costs much, in the long run- it might be well worth it. Especially considering there are chances for a lot of stuff to get ported to a new one with ease.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoltenIceCream View Post
    Hey guys all the work you did last 15 years,we gonna throw it all away and we will restart it.
    If you didn't notice each new expansion is a reset, and each major patch is soft reset

@OP
    Chances are they are already working on Next gen WoW. Or might be set to milk current WoW to last player online. Hard to tell really, but I would expect some big news in coming years, a 20th WoW anniversary would be a perfect time to launch a new WoW. I could also see how leaving behind all garbage left of past expansions and starting anew would do them wonders in terms of workflow.

The main reason people call for "WoW 2" is because "the graphics are old".

Welp, the graphics are basically fine. WoW has always been designed to be played on a variety of systems. And the changes people imagine should be in this theoretical "WoW 2" probably would not align with that.

There are other reasons too, of course, but again and again this is by far the most common reason people push for it. And it's such a bad reason... sorry.

While WoW 2 would certainly attract people, it would also alienate a large portion of their fanbase.

Look at other games that have tried it... RuneScape, EverQuest... they both had semi-successful sequel games, but the original games ended up being more popular in the long run, so all they did was stretch their audience across two games, which is less healthy for the long term survival of any game.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    The main reason people call for "WoW 2" is because "the graphics are old".
    Nah quite the opposite, WoW graphic is FINE, even classic on new engine holds strong for its age.
    Its all about leftover trash from past expansions.
    Graphics are the least of WoWs problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nelaphim-EX View Post
    Look at other games that have tried it... RuneScape, EverQuest... they both had semi-successful sequel games, but the original games ended up being more popular in the long run, so all they did was stretch their audience across two games, which is less healthy for the long term survival of any game.
    You mean the same way classic is more popular than retail? ;3

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    The only time this might be worth it to them would be if the numbers on wow got so low they had to start moving over. However imo they still would not do this as I cant see blizzard making a new mmo - they are more into microtransaction games these days.
    People say this kind of shit like it's so amazingly prophetic, and all the other monkeys stand around and clap and cheer like they "owned" Blizzard simply by using the word "microtransaction", while completely ignoring the fact that people are still paying per month to play a 15 year old game. There's nothing at all wrong with cosmetic microtransactions, and if Blizzard really were "more into microtransaction games these days" then why the fuck would they make an RTS remaster?

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Why not build a new house instead of renovating your current one
    That is a good analogy, you know that when building structure is old and damaged enough, building is demolished and new one is built?
    If developers deem unworthy of money investment, building is shut down.

That's about the point we have now.

WoW 2 makes sense in one field = people want something "new". So unless they deliver a completely new experience, it's not gonna be WoW 2.

Problem with mmorpgs these days is simple. Nobody wants to commit their life to a game (and rightfully so).

this should've been done long ago. And limitations of the existing game engine are a lot more than you know. Besides the graphics, the current game engine can' t support armor dyes, breakaway environment, significantly improved character customization and large scale pvp without massive lag. Add in the programming time for new content takes considerably longer with the existing game engine and you'd think Blizzard would upgrade the game. But no, Blizzard insists a game engine upgrade isn't necessary because they're making $$$ and not spending $$$ even though there hasn't been 3 consecutive Quarters of sub growth in over 10 years. A game engine upgrade will take a long time to do and suck up a ton of resources. It will also provide Blizzard with more micro transactions and a ton of new subs, but they're cheap and lazy.

3+ Year Old Account
    WoW 2.0: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_2.0.1

It would seem that already came out in 2007.

And retconning chronicles and previous Shadowlands lore for the sake of being able to make an expansion out of it... If they want more lore and plot to work with, finish the current warcraft plot (we all know it'll end with void lords or some shit).

After that, have a large time skip and during development of WoW 2, develop a lot of events to take place during that. Stuff we learn in the intro cutscenes, and elaborated through early zone questing, maybe. And they'll have tons to work with for another 14~ years. They get to keep their cash cow, without RUINING current lore.

Why invest millions on a new product when an old product is making you millions...

I mean... that's basically what Shadowlands is, right? New level cap, new levelling system, new legendary system, new Covenant system, hell - even an entirely new plane of existence.

i highly doubt there will be a wow 2. unless something comes along that invigorates the whole MMO genre, back to the glory days, when we were constantly getting competitors of wow trying to make that wow killer, and gaming companies see value in the mmo genre again. i doubt its going to happen for a long ass time, if at all. but who knows maybe something will come along to spark the competitors interest to try and make a "hypothetical mmo, killer" and steal that new innovative game's player base, again; will we see Blizzard investing in a WOW 2.

BC was WoW 2.0. It showed everyone that WoW wasn't going to be a D&D medieval 'boar-fest'.

Classes in a WoW 2 wouldn't be any better than they are now honestly. The only improvement would be graphics? Current engine is so polished that it is it's own style unto itself. People don't think about a game's graphics like they used to. WoW's graphics are a work of art.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    We are already playing WoW 2. Check how different retail is to Classic.
    Yeah, we're playing WoW 8 atm, Shadowlands is WoW 9.

OP, use your noggin' 4head.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    This is a big one: A Total reset of everything - starting again at the beginning of a totally different MMO (a new warcraft mmo would be a new MMO in the same way that FFXI and FFXIV are both MMOs set in the Final Fantasy universe - but not "linked"). Who's to say that everyone who plays wow would want to stop and start playing a new warcraft MMO? Even if many would - that would mean spending a whole ton of cash to keep servers going for WoW Classic, WoW Retail and Warcraft New Gen MMO.

The only time this might be worth it to them would be if the numbers on wow got so low they had to start moving over. However imo they still would not do this as I cant see blizzard making a new mmo - they are more into microtransaction games these days.
    You, and everyone else that plays wow, or Played wow in the past has to realize: WoW is a monument. It is an actual monument. GTA, red dead redemption, fortnite, fifa, or rather diablo or the warcraft francise itself.. they are all just hype and momentum. WoW is often depicted as pixelized crack, and rightfully so.

It, in itself has changed the gaming world. Even now, the current expansion sux, it still attracts people who played in the past to passionately rant and keep visiting forums to scream and yell how bad of a game it became. One would only do such a thing if it didn't have value to them in the past.

This memory, this feeling even if it didn't mean such hate, just " losing interest" ever lingers.

For this, if after Shadowlands or the expansion after that an actual WoW 2 was announced, it would cause an unbelievable hype and make it the actual headlines of all newspapers globally.

Personal reference: yes, this will probably happen.