Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallowseve97 View Post
    Only the ignorant and racist dislike these new customization options.
    Yes, how dare these racist people asking questions and caring about the lore. /sarc
    That says more about you then it does about them but I doubt you realize that.

D&D has a TON of human ethnicites, including those with African and Asian features.
    Correct, but D&D has that mostly flashed out with different settings and a world far bigger and more explained than WoW. I would even say, comparing that two worlds is an insult to D&D.

It seems many people never read or read about Traveler.
    Lot´s of people didn´t read the Travler because it´s garbage aimed at kids. Not to mention your “world building” is full of inconsistencies in that novel, showing how much they cared about the story.

We also can't forget Bartender Bob from Hearthstone.
    Hearthstone is irrelevant to the WoW lore.

This is more a case of Blizzard just being lazy, they could have added a bit of lore to it. Anyway, as far as I see it, not a big deal, I couldn´t care less about the new customization options as they will be hidden by my armour anyway. If anything I find it quite bold from them to sell this as an expansion FEATURE in a rather lack lusting presentation content wise.

As a side note, this is more an issue in D4 with the dark Barbarian skin, as it´s not a class BUT a race. Curious how they will explain that.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandren View Post
    I have no problem with them being in game.

By the same token though, I would love to see or even hear about these human nations and civilisations that suddenly exist. And why they have never been mentioned in the 20+ years of Warcraft lore. I am all for more varied humans (and it makes perfect sense there would be non-Caucasian Humans on Azeroth) but it seems pretty bizarre that for a faction that has access to global-range teleportation magic, air travel and even literally spacecraft, we have never once heard them bought up even in passing.
    there doesn't have to be another civilization or nation for them to exist they can and are just a part of the human kingdoms like any one else.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    I don't think so. Species can develop looking different depending on where they ended up settling. I guess there's no lore saying humans of different regions look in certain specific ways but there's also no lore saying they all look the same.I would say I hope they do add some lore or explanation over which areas of azeroth the different human races are from but then I remember this is WoW, not FFXIV. They'll probably just add them in for aesthetics and completely neglect any possibility of world building they bring. So with that in mind no, there's really no argument against adding them, even if someone were to try to say it messes up the lore the game's lore already has no consistency and hasn't been a focus in years. It's a little too late to argue that.

Personally I like making my characters look like myself so I really hope there's more than just black and asian. It's a good change.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    are there any legitimate arguments against adding black and asian human options to Warcraft?
    You tell us super troll. What's your thoughts on the subject?

None eh? Didn't think so. Obvious bait thread.

lore maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    lore maybe?
    Nah, asians and black people exist since Vanilla. Next one!

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Woo Ping would like a word with you sir.
    character reference to a fight choreographer?

Or maybe people aren't familiar with Yuen Woo-Ping?

edit:

I think they need to establish that humans of Azeroth actually have other racial counterparts and not just silly easter eggs/references first.

Else the other races might make more sense as the other racial counterparts in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Nah, asians and black people exist since Vanilla. Next one!
    I think it's less that they exist as representatives of established nations and more that they are token references the lore doesn't regard.

Like Woo Ping is a weapons trainer... and Yuen Woo-Ping is a fight choreographer associated with multiple blockbuster movies. Then Wu Shen and Shen Kang Chen? Beyond the names there isn't anything really about them to discuss.

This seems more a case of taking rela world understanding and applying it to the game world without any supporting evidence beyond... I guess real world racism?
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2019-11-09 at 09:01 AM.

I don't mind the inclusion, but it reeks of pandering, as humans have never been established to be anything but white, with a few notable exceptions like Woo Ping. But y'know, they could always build on it later. We've never been to Tel'Abim for instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not seeing the issue here, plus more customization being added to an MMO should always be a celebrated event. Bullshit lore reasoning is why we have stupid race/class restrictions that I've always hated.

Its nowhere near the forced bullshit levels of inclusion like in Overwatch.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Again...

Azeroth spawned Humans, trolls, etc, let humans get customization without getting useless arguments about lore.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    As a black person i find adding black options offensive.
    Wow... weird.

Why would there be any legitimate arguments against it? Warcraft humans represent the real and diverse human race as a whole. Now humans just need better, fuller, thicker beards

15+ Year Old Account
    Nil legitimate arguments IMO.
    Here is something to believe in!

3+ Year Old Account
    The only argument against such inclusion is that it allows people who hate black folk to create a black character and run around doing some pretty racist things. But that’s not really something that you can control, and I’m sure that really egregious examples will wind up having their accounts banned for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that this is topical and all, but the thread started baity, and we have "no racial topics" as a rule here because people can't be nice.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)