Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    With all the utility shaman come with, I always feel useful in raids and dungeons, even if I'm not top dps. Then there are moment with storm keeper a and chain lightning and having arcing lighting tagging EVERY mob on your screen just feels good.

Resto isn't the best healer but it is still one of the more enjoyable healing specs in my opinion weaving AoE healing into single target healing, and pumping decent dps when your raid learns to stay out of the fire.

Might not be the best at anything, but great at everything

Being a melee spec with a lot of different ranged spells sounded fun. Like a battle-mage!

Oh well. Enh is just a Warrior with lots of colors now.

i loved shamans since day one but tbh enhanc is not even fun anymore, i really loved my enhanc shaman during cataclysm i miss playing my shaman

I've always loved the aesthetics of the shaman; the spirit, totems and elements.

Though this makes for a nice class, the current iteration does not please me. Legion made some good improvements and Bfa could have brought needed the changes that perfected it but instead just removed some spells and shuffled some talents so that we are left with a class that works but feels like it is missing a layer in every dd spec...

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the class fantasy and enjoy support totems. There's just something satisfying to me about plopping down a totem during combat. Sadly the dps specs have a lot less of these nowadays, but Resto is my favorite healer because it has retained a lot of that gameplay. I have Spirit Link, Tremor, Wind Rush, Healing Stream/Cloudburst, Healing Tide, Earthen Wall, Capacitator, and Earthbind and Earthgrab.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    I love having the choice between mdps, rdps and healing. Enhancement is a lot of fun and I like having not big dps CDs and stronger sustain dps. Since I don't raid anymore it fits better to my play style.

Also it's flashy as fuck.
    This is me, which is why I've always had a Shaman Alt... but never my main, mostly due to Racial restrictions. I love Transmog and (for Alliance anyway), Humans and Night Elves have the least clipping/distortion issues but neither can be a Shaman.

Might make an exception for Shadowlands however, will see how things play out. I generally main a Healer and both my Paladin and MW Monk (8.3) are great fun dealing passive damage while healing... instead of having to choose between Healing or DPS.

Two words: Windfury

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huerohueroxxx View Post
    Two words: Windfury
    the question is "why you do play shaman?", not "why you have played it in vanilla" ;P

my answer
    beside that i like the fantasy and animations, got invested looooong time ago and now its hard to just roll something else although i like playing alts but doing same chore with rep grinding again is just hideous at this point :P
    So when shaman is not cared enough by devs (which somehow happen a loot) i`m just going to 1-3 years vacations from wow Its their design choice to not share reputations and some other things between toons and my choice to not pay them until things are fixed to acceptable levels for character/spec i like to play ;P
    Current expansion for instance is acceptable for enh from last major patch :P Game play is still just plain bad but at least numbers are ok now with proper corruptions/essences combos :P
    Last edited by kosajk; 2020-04-17 at 10:17 AM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

7+ Year Old Account
    I started my shaman, mid Wrath, mainly cause I wanted a max level of each healing class. I continue playing him regularly because :
    - I like the unique healing style.
    - In open world the dps rotation is simple but kind of fun
    - In wpvp he's pretty durable and can definitely take people down fairly easily.
    Definitely one of the more enjoyable alts I have.