Page 1 of 30
... LastLast

How many of you would like to see pathfinder removed or changed?

As title suggests. Personally: I have a certain love-hate for pathfinder. I love having some challenge to fly, but i hate having too much time to wait until i have it. Would you like for blizzard for example, change pathfinder in a way that wouldn't take a whole grind rep but instead, just quest chains, that you can complete anytime you want and once that pathfinder part 1 is done, pathfinder 2 would then give you a rep to grind? Or the opposite, or just remove PART 2? What are your thoughts?

Edit 05/11: The hate part for it, it's about how long Pathfinder PART II takes to come out. Just want to clarify this for someone that reads this the first time.
    The love part is that i actually like having challenge to unlock flying. It's a satisfaction sensation that you get.

Also, forgot to add a poll. but still type about it. thanks.

Edit 06/11: After some hours of answers and discussions, the majority of people on this forum and this thread, would like for pathfinder part 2 to come sooner and for pathfinder to be required while you're leveling and doing quests and explore the whole zones/Loremaster linked to it exclusively without a timegated part 2.
    -As for pvp related systems, i think and one just more person that there could be some area restrictions on flying, if it's considered a battlefield. Where you get instantly dismounted. It can either be a full zone, or just a place. I gave the example of Wintergrasp,
    -Northrend is a flying continent yet, once you fly over wintergrasp, you get dismounted. More like this could be added to the game and new expansions.

Edit 12/11
    : I'm starting to think that enabling flying by zones is better than pathfinder.
    -Every zone could have quest-chains and rep to enable flying when hit exalted and done those storylines, then you would unlock an achievement for doing the story + flying in the zone.

Requirements:
    - Achievement required for flying: Quests achievement/Loremaster; Reputation Achievement; Story achievement. Exploration Achievement.
    Reward: Flying in the zone X.

-This would also give you the possibility of choosing/select where you want to pass more time and where you would want to have flying and choose what reps you would prefer to grind first than others, and also at the same time, some zones, can just be no flying allowed. More like, timeless isle, for example. Or Isle of Thunder.
    - With this, it would make you work for it for god knows how long and entertain you at the same time, without time-gating. Instead you have the option to want or not flying in the zone. For shadowlands this would be good too since you're going to have covenants and 4 major zones (Bastion, Ardenweald, Revendreth, Maldraxxus). Let's say you will choose Maldraxxus and want flying there the most, then you unlock everything there is in there, and are free to even fly there.)

In Shadowlands as it's a new completely world, you could have a certain "Shadowlands explorer" Title.

Something like "Explorer/Seeker of the beyond", or "Loremaster: Realm of Shadows/Between Worlds".
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-11-13 at 12:59 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    How I would do it:
    remove the rep grind, keep it loremaster and exploration only (part 2 is timegated by patch anyway so no need to gate it further by rep)
    part 1 would unlock whistle for alts while leveling
    part 2 would unlock flying, as it does now

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    You literally get 15% extra rep for an entire month right now. The worst possible time to complain.

But besides that, do the same work I did if you want the same reward. Actually, you already have to do less work.
    Ye ofc, i just have like some PTSD from lvling outside wod all the reps, cause i didn't play the expansion and had to gather reps in basically almost like a month (and i even took 1 whole day to complete stories) + legion + bfa. I think pathfinder is nice but needed changes, still how much would you prefer having flying, with a pathfinder, with some changes, or removed? Just bought with gold as it has been before wod?
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-11-05 at 06:21 PM.

But besides that, do the same work I did if you want the same reward. Actually, you already have to do less work.
    This is toxic. People like you are the reason why WoD and Legion pathfinder is still in the game.
    change can't wait.

I'm okay with it but I would much prefer a challenge type of thing to unlock flying
    Edit: I was thinking about mage towers :P

You literally get 15% extra rep for an entire month right now. The worst possible time to complain.

I don't want people to suffer as I did, I want them to have an easier time. You sound like the kind of person that hazes people because you were hazed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    How I would do it:
    remove the rep grind, keep it loremaster and exploration only (part 2 is timegated by patch anyway so no need to gate it further by rep)
    One guy on the forums said gold per toon pathfinder for account wide, I'm still siding with him lol.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

How I would do it:
    Remove the rep grind would be perfect indeed. And taking less time to pathfinder 2 to come out. Like takes so damn long i get tired of using my ground mounts. I want to mount on flying mounts and just feels awkward, like a drake on the ground lol ofc that's not the reason behind it, just pointing out a useless thing

Wouldn't change much except the time for part 2 to come out.

Preferably I would like it removed. Failing that , I would like the only requirement for unlocking flying to be having fully explored all the zones. There's no reason to keep us grounded after that. Gating it behind the rep grind is terrible but I understand why they do it. Like other parts of the game, making a type of grinding necessary makes us keep logging in every day. Understanding that doesn't make it more acceptable though.

What I would also like to see is after we can fly, there are quests you can only do by flying. Like things in areas otherwise inaccessible.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by mrsohta View Post
    I'm okay with it but I would much prefer a challenge type of thing to unlock flying
    Edit: I was thinking about mage towers :P
    Ye! that's what im talking about. Rep is not fun, i would like some different challenge. Rep grind is just a bit boring + waiting for pathfinder 2. As i said, i think buying flying with gold is not bad, but ye in some way it feels rewarding having flying with a challenge to have it, you feel really relieved!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pathfinder is fine tbh, esspecially right now where you gain 15% more rep you just sound whiny complainin about the "grind".
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Wouldn't change much except the time for part 2 to come out.
    Yep. Part 2 is like a pain in the ass. And like in bfa, lvling even more reps (not that they were hard but rather "oh god another rep grind" kind of feeling)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's fine the way it is.. just remove the time gate. I don't mind having to do the work for it, I just don't want to wait nearly a year for the second part.
    "We learn from history, that we learn nothing from history." - George B. Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    This is toxic. People like you are the reason why WoD and Legion pathfinder is still in the game.
    And people like you are the reason why WoW is going downhill - wanting everything by doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    As title suggests. I have a certain love-hate for pathfinder. I love having some challenge to fly, but i hate having too much challenge and time to wait until i have it. Would you like for blizzard for example, change pathfinder in a way that wouldn't take a whole grind rep but instead, just quest chains, that you can complete anytime you want and once that pathfinder part 1 is done, pathfinder 2 would like give you then a rep to level? Or the opposite, or no reps at all? What are your thoughts?
    I want Pathfinder part 2 to release with X.1 patch instead of a year after release with the X.2 patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Pathfinder is fine tbh, esspecially right now where you gain 15% more rep you just sound whiny complainin about the "grind".
    The "sound whiny complaining" part was totally unnecessary. I'm trying to have a discussion, i'm not complaining anything, but rather giving the reason why i have a love-hate relationship with it myself and the reason why i asked others is to see if some would like changes as i do or removed. I'm not a cry baby that cries over grind. But as i said before i have already some PTSD from rep grinds, cause who didn't play wod and have to unlock flying by doing quests and unlocking reps on other expansion ain't a easy task to be quite frankly. And i feel like they can do some improvements to pathfinder. Not even talking about the PTSD from Argent Tournament... I to this day die just thinking about it.

WotLK had the correct approach to flying, everything since is a mistake.

How I would do it:
    ^ This. The rep grind is silly; Do all of the content that the world has to offer once and that's it. Past getting people to play for longer, I have no idea why Blizzard thinks that getting the reps up should be mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Xosimos View Post
    I think it's fine the way it is.. just remove the time gate. I don't mind having to do the work for it, I just don't want to wait nearly a year for the second part.
    Your view is basically like mine. It's the wait that makes me so annoyed actually. I love having challenge as i said, i don't mind grinding rep, but then i grind it and i still need to wait so much. It's so annoying xD

Pathfinder would be fine if they let you fly right after earning it. Waiting half the expansion for it is bullshit.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing