Poll: Should they remove void form?

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just as long as we don't go back to that DOT weaving garbage from early WoD.

The entire premise baffles me. In Warlords, I was a Demo lock. The way the demo metamorphosis kit worked was some good fun, sure, but like anything that is good fun, it's also prone to being overpowered and nerfed to the point where fun is no longer viable. Voidform is the exact same premise. I wouldn't be objected to the idea of warlocks getting their meta back and have it be a 3 minute cd, since they really don't have any CD's at the moment like icy veins, arcane power or combustion, like mages, and void form as a similar CD for Shadow priests for the same reason. Will they do that? For warlocks, fuck no, because something about demon hunters, waaah! Shadow priests, I guess it depends if blizzard wants to keep making Spriests either op AF or not viable.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

I actually wish they could expand on spriest from the MoP beta. They had this really neat idea of Shadowy Apparitions as an active ability, I believe it was a spender for orbs. I don't mind the builder-spender playstyle as long as it's engaging. Give us Devouring Plague as a spender, but not the only one. Shadowy Apparitions could be a spender, Void Tendrils would also be a cool spender, etc... Choosing the right spender for the right situation would keep fights engaging.

They can even have interactions between the spells (like how DP turned MF into Insanity). Using Devouring Plague could affect your next cast of Shadow Apparitions or Void Tendrils and vice versa. For example, if you want burst AoE, you would do DP > SA (where using DP first makes SA do AoE dmg on the target), or burst single target would be DP > Void Tendrils (where using DP first makes Void Tendrils channel insanity instead of MF). And then just keep going with interactions if it's feasible (i.e. the first cast Void Tendrils first would change how the next cast of DP or SA work, etc...). This would give us meaningful choices in our rotation.

Of course, anything outside of Void Form is a pipe dream. Blizzard is extremely unlikely to back away from VF - they're basically doubling down on it. I haven't played the game long (played a bit in WotLK but mostly started in MoP), but I've always mained a Priest. I'm extremely disappointed in Blizzard with how they've handled it in BFA that I'm seriously considering playing a different spec from now on.

I personally really like Void form but i recognize that it's problematic. Or rather it's current implementation is. If the ramp up was much shorter or non existant, i feel like that would solve a lot of shadows problems.

Imagine a world where Void eruption and Void bolt can both activate and then be used in void form. Rather than being replaced by one another. Perhaps give them a shared CD. Then have Void form provide either a flat damage/haste increase, or have it ramp up and very quickly but with a cap. Say 10 stacks or so.

Guess it's off the table, but Blizz doing the next best thing! Devouring Plague is back!!
    Returning Ability: Devouring Plague

We’ve seen a lot of feedback that Void Form can be challenging to utilize to its full potential in some combat situations, such as in Mythic Keystone dungeons on non-boss encounters, or for leveling and doing outdoor content. We tend to agree that Void Form can feel unrewarding in situations where it becomes difficult to maintain efficient insanity generation. Rather than heavily re-designing Void Form, we’re introducing a new tool for these combat situations with the return of Devouring Plague.

Along with Void Eruption, Devouring Plague will be the only other spell that costs Insanity. Our intent with Devouring Plague is for it to be used on enemies who die quickly, such as common creatures while leveling, or on simple trash pulls, while Void Form is more powerful on longer combat encounters.

Shadow Word: Death

Although we’ve seen a lot of excitement around this iconic spell making a return, we have concerns that it wasn’t very clear what its role will be in the modern Shadow Priest kit. Shadow Word: Death has always been intended to be an “execute” ability, so it must be something that is mostly used in the outdoor/leveling content. In the past, Shadow Word: Death found itself in Priest’s core rotations, even being used repeatedly against targets that weren’t about to die.

For Shadowlands, we don’t intend to add another core button to the Priest’s normal rotation. We want Shadow Word: Death to be situational. However, we feel that it could be a little more relevant in longer encounters such as boss fights. We’ve changed Shadow Word: Death to now deal 100% additional damage to targets at or below 20% health. Priests may now find that they wish to weave Shadow Word: Death into their rotations in some situations.

I like that SW: Smiley is back in the most Blizzard way possible: It's a rotational Execute that you can sometimes use maybe question mark?

At this point the question isnt should they remove it but why are they so hell bent on keeping it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ttylol View Post
    Guess it's off the table, but Blizz doing the next best thing! Devouring Plague is back!!
    Hate to get your hopes up but it not only sucks but not even worth casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean it's also something to cast on the run?

Now if only they add talent support for Devouring Plague so it's possible to just use that instead of Void Form . . .
    I'd prefer if they'd either commit to it being a flavor cast or a rotational ability, not this "well you can use it situationally but not really but okay yeah maybe" nonsense that has seemingly dictated the last four years of development for Shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    I was browsing the Priest forum on the official forums and someone there posted a video of Aboni playing the spec in PvP (he’s a really good spriest on EU)

https://youtu.be/g6a2Rd6UOTo

The difference between shadow then and now is crazy. How does a spec get worse as time goes on?
    Because blizzard always needs to reinwent the wheel all over again, last time in legion. It was the trent that every class NEEDS now a ressource bar, so spriest gained the short end of the stick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    And how do you know it when it isn't even reimplemented yet?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Idk, I enjoy VF, honestly I miss when you cast it, it would explode and attack everything you had a dot on, all around you. That shit was awesome.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

We only need now one thing: a talent that removes void form and let us stack devouring plague up to x times (and if necessary makes it tick longer) up to 5 stacks, and when you cast SW: D on a target with 5 stacks DP, it explodes, removed DP, deals the rest of it's damage instantly and deals an significant amount of damage to the target as an AoE. And voila, Shadow Priest fixed.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2020-06-25 at 07:51 AM.

in the end the joke is on blizzards side. because the question „void form yes or no“ will not even come up, when you just do ZERO changes to the spec at all. But hey, patch 11.1 in 2024 will fix it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ttylol View Post

let me translate your quote from blizz:

„Rather than heavily re-designing Void Form, we’re introducing a new tool for these combat situations with the return of Devouring Plague.“

translates to

„Rather than think about a useful and fun spec as a whole and redesign it, which costs time and effort, we do what we can best when it comes down to shadow priest and bandaid fix stuff with some lousy, not well thought solution. And if it not works, as always, we fix it in .1 patch. by adding another halfassed bandaid fix.“

nice move

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    in the end the joke is on blizzards side. because the question „void form yes or no“ will not even come up, when you just do ZERO changes to the spec at all. But hey, patch 11.1 in 2024 will fix it
    I also doubt for anything like this in SL. But at least we finally got a insanity-dump. Now we only need to say over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again that we need a talent that replaces void form and centers around DP. And that over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again and again and again and again and again...

I played Spriests since mop.

MoP had it right. As it did for many other specs.

Just needed a little more fine tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    At this point the question isnt should they remove it but why are they so hell bent on keeping it.

- - - Updated - - -

We’ve all seen the changes some classes like Shamans and Warlocks are getting right? Why can’t priests get the same treatment? I swear druids customization options in the barbershop have gotten more attention than priests as a whole. Like half our talents are completely dead across all 3 specs.

And this “devouring plague” they’ve given us won’t even be worth casting, they just created a new weak spell, and put the dp title over it in an effort to pretend that they’re listening, nah nice try blizz it’s still #removevoidform

Just imagine if priests even got a quarter of the dev time and attention mages druids and shamans are getting? (Although shamans do definitely deserve their changes and I’m happy for them)
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Because blizzard always needs to reinwent the wheel all over again, last time in legion. It was the trent that every class NEEDS now a ressource bar, so spriest gained the short end of the stick.

- - - Updated - - -

And how do you know it when it isn't even reimplemented yet?
    I highly recommend going over to the priest discord, its already been explained countless times why it won't be and the information we have been given on it is more than enough to support my argument. I will keep you in mind though when alpha servers come up and then all the content creators tell you its terrible though, you know luke how ppl said VB rank 2 would be before it even went live on alpha.
    Last edited by Malix Farwin; 2020-06-25 at 04:45 PM.

/sigh

Voidform = another missed expac for me

We’ve all seen the changes some classes like Shamans and Warlocks are getting right? Why can’t priests get the same treatment? I swear druids customization options in the barbershop have gotten more attention than priests as a whole. Like half our talents are completely dead across all 3 specs.

And this “devouring plague” they’ve given us won’t even be worth casting, they just created a new weak spell, and put the dp title over it in an effort to pretend that they’re listening, nah nice try blizz it’s still #removevoidform

Just imagine if priests even got a quarter of the dev time and attention mages druids and shamans are getting? (Although shamans do definitely deserve their changes and I’m happy for them)
    Demonology is still the clunkiest dps of the game, I expect you get the same treatment than Demon.

Then this forum will burn.

I like void form. Would be sad to see this unique playstyle gone. That being said, there are some talents that should be baseline. Lingering Insanity and Legacy of the Void should've been "rank 2" and "rank 3" upgrades for void form. Without those the spec feels awful to play. There is nothing worse than going from 30-40% increased haste directly to 0%. Going from a super fast playstyle to a super slow from one moment to the next is imo the worst feeling a class can have.

Hey now. Priest (shadow at least) gets attention when they have a gimmicky fight that is seemingly designed specifically for them and the community cries out for nerfs.