Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Or you know, the mmo genre is no longer the dominant genre in video game. Same goes for the PC, more ppl are playing on console etc...
    Naw, can't be. Once we get into next craze after battle royales, whatever it might be, people will still be claiming that (whatever changed in WoW at that point) is to blame for the game no longer dominating the PC market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    You're kidding right? It's not even close.

The only reason that the epic store is even talked about is because it pays for exclusives. It took them 3 months just to add a search function.
    Do they at least have shopping carts at this point? I remember trying it out at some point and it was lacking even the most basic features that should be a given in 2019, especially when made by a company which is happily throwing millions of dollars around and supposedly competing with Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    So what's different since Cata? All the flailing around over the last few expansions trying desperately to find a formula that works have done those things.
    All the directions since wotlk (cats was the first big design shift) have changed the game, made and lost subs, but it's always one game one comunity. That's what's kept it going through the dark times and the good times. But now it's 2 community's,*split over 2 games both at each others throats because they both know there gonna suffer for other players when content is released for "that other game" and phases are released "for that old relic", this is just going to create the situation where players become increasingly aggrovated and annoyed in both games as those who play both come and go and raids become difficult to get the players for, and people will just end up quiting from retail and classic and this I.p will die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    It's amazing and well deserved award. Classic is an amazing game (even after 15 years). This just show us how low the game industry has fallen since 2004, they are more concerned in make profit than a enjoyable game, they don't deserve praises for this crap they produce today.

- - - Updated - - -

They made trillions with fornite, they develop, maintain and support one of the best game engines available (for free), they made a brand new store that rivals steam overnight, and they made more for the game industry than any other studio so far... Guess haters gonna hate...
    Yeah they are better, because they buying people with exclusive only for 6 months? Like Facebook is doing with streamers migrating from Twitch? You know what? Whatever...

Classic actually made WoW good again, something it hasn't been for years. Thank god they finally released it.

OP!

1.) Age of Wonder Planetfall
    2.) Anno 1800
    3.) Dicey Dungeons
    4.) F1 2019
    5.) Heaven's Vault
    6.) Slay The Spire
    7.) Sunless Skies
    8.) Teamfight Tactics
    9.) Total War 3 Kingdoms
    10.) World of Warcraft - Classic

That's the competition... Not Division 2 and such! You Classic fanboys are incredible, just tossing out whatever crap without FACTS to try to get more people to play your rapidly dying game. Well, we don't wanna do what we did 15 years ago, but grats on the reward in the category "Games people don't care about"! :P

Also your reward sounds more like something that would come from Vivid Awards than actual Gaming, but hey, graaaaaaaats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic WoWgen forum in a nutshell:

OP: <posts something positive>
    Forumites: <come storming in to rant about how much Classic sucks until they're blue in the face>

Stay classy, Classic WoWgen. Maybe one day y'all will figure out the line between healthy criticism and "Dude, seek help"-level obsession.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Classic WoWgen forum in a nutshell:

OP: <posts something positive>
    Forumites: <come storming in to rant about how much Classic sucks until they're blue in the face>

Stay classy, Classic WoWgen. Maybe one day y'all will figure out the line between healthy criticism and "Dude, seek help"-level obsession.
    You do realize that the Classic people are EXACTLY the same on retail forums? Or you simply chose not to look at the whole picture, kinda same as OP with his "yay we are best"-award without considering the stuff ppl could vote between? Life is easy and it's also very easy to whine at people when ignoring facts and the full picture, isn't it?

That said, I have nothing against Classic, I think it blows but have no probs people playing and enjoying it. It's their time and money, none of my business. What annoys me is people bending facts to suit their point or just whine that "omg u like retail so you suck" or the other way around...
    Last edited by Dawon; 2019-11-23 at 01:24 PM.

In before butthurt retail fanboys.. Oh wait~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    but but but we just thought we wanted it... we didnt really wanted it.... or did we?
    Ok boomer. Let's come out with Pet Rock again and see how many people buy that too, right?
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Lol at all the people getting angry over Classic as usual. I haven't played many new games this year so I have no idea who else to give it to, but at this point I just really appreciate a game that doesn't overwhelm me with a cash shop and microtransactions which seems to be the norm for most games these days. Classic has stayed the most pure out of most new games.
    This isn't about people hating classic. This is about granting GotY to a game that was literally released 15 years ago. There is nothing design or gameplay-wise in Classic that is innovative or new. Classic is doing well for one reason, nostalgia. And this is coming from someone who enjoys Classic. Nostalgia is not a reason to win a game award like this. It just smacks of ass-kissing for no reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Ok boomer. Let's come out with Pet Rock again and see how many people buy that too, right?
    I find someone who has the 10 year badge on MMO-C calling someone "Boomer", even ironically, amusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    This isn't about people hating classic. This is about granting GotY to a game that was literally released 15 years ago. There is nothing design or gameplay-wise in Classic that is innovative or new. Classic is doing well for one reason, nostalgia. And this is coming from someone who enjoys Classic. Nostalgia is not a reason to win a game award like this. It just smacks of ass-kissing for no reason.

- - - Updated - - -

I find someone who has the 10 year badge on MMO-C calling someone "Boomer", even ironically, amusing.
    It's almost like I'm a 28yr old millennial who is using the correct term against someone using such an antiquated way of thinking that they're no different than a old geezer who loves ancient artifacts of the past that are complete shit in today's standards, but they refuse to admit they're wrong because "back in my day we used to work for our blues instead of getting them for free!" or some other ignorant way of thought.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

It's almost like I'm a 28yr old millennial who is using the correct term against someone using such an antiquated way of thinking that they're no different than a old geezer who loves ancient artifacts of the past that are complete shit in today's standards, but they refuse to admit they're wrong because "back in my day we used to work for our blues instead of getting them for free!" or some other ignorant way of thought.
    And I can see you go out of your way to understand others' thoughts. Possibly why no one bothers with yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure how you can say that Classic is doing well just because of nostalgia, if that was true then it would be dead by now. I, for one, would have quit already if that was the case. It's not just nostalgia, it's because the game's systems and abilities are back to WoW's roots, imo, rather than the heaps of changes they've implemented over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    Where is your evidence that Classic has 20% of the subs it used to?
    its in the blizzard financials report only 1 million more users were added in the month classic launched so even at a very generous 2 million just for classic, also the capacity of the servers for concurrent users is also 1 million per region, thats by going with the 50 servers per region at a generous 10k playerbase when vanilla was only 3k, at most there were between 2-3 million when classic launched, probably half that by now that are still playing a few times a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Or perhaps it has changed too much and that's why people lost their connection to it ?
    im not saying classic cant be fun but it only has a limited playablility for a large part of the playerbase, the game has not changed much mainly just QoL features, its still the same gear up and kill this and repeat, while i would prefer the best gear to stay at high end raiding and mythic plus grant at best heroic raid lvl, gear is not hard to get in vanilla it just takes longer.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-11-23 at 05:36 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Destiny 2, Outer Worlds, Borderlands 3, Red Dead Redemption 2 are literally all incredible games that stand up on their own without micro-transactions. Sure Destiny 2 has them but like....they're all cosmetic and pretty much don't matter. Any one of them should have annihilated Classic in the competition but apparently Classic diehards decided to fuck with the data and slip Classic ahead of them.
    The zealots have to be right...could you imagine the huge embarrassment after they talked shit for months? People are talking about retail again and that scares them...they need something to say "Hey, look at Classic!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    And I can see you go out of your way to understand others' thoughts. Possibly why no one bothers with yours.
    Only if that thought holds any value, assuming you're intelligent enough to know the value of it to begin with. Considering you're on the same boat as the "OMG NO CHANGES CLASSIC IS BEST" crowd, I could sell you LA tap water and you'd be likely to think it's Voss.

There is a panel of 'Judges' that select which games are to be voted on. Other games journos and such like.
    The votes are then from anyone in the community that happens across the website, most of which are redundant votes from bots or repeat voters FYI.

Its a fun event, but pretty baseless and more or less tailored to who they want business from.

Only if that thought holds any value, assuming you're intelligent enough to know the value of it to begin with. Considering you're on the same boat as the "OMG NO CHANGES CLASSIC IS BEST" crowd, I could sell you LA tap water and you'd be likely to think it's Voss.
    Lot of words here when all you're saying is "Nuh uh, you're stupid!", sprinkled with baseless assumptions. Go calm down, breathe a bit, and come back when you construct something coherent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    The zealots have to be right...could you imagine the huge embarrassment after they talked shit for months? People are talking about retail again and that scares them...they need something to say "Hey, look at Classic!"
    Pretty much. And it's blatantly clear that the Classic rabid fans fucked with the awards. Or the people who decide the awards are rabid Classic fans themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Not sure how you can say that Classic is doing well just because of nostalgia, if that was true then it would be dead by now. I, for one, would have quit already if that was the case. It's not just nostalgia, it's because the game's systems and abilities are back to WoW's roots, imo, rather than the heaps of changes they've implemented over the years.
    I mean....Classic IS mostly dead now. There's like 3-4 servers that have people on them with the rest being literal ghost towns.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many salty comments in here from people that don't like classic winning an award.

It's almost like they have Classic Derangement Syndrome. Are they really that blue in the face?