Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    This is just a blatant attempt at boosting token sales. Creating this faux rarity with store mounts is one thing, but with vendor goldsink mounts...? Why not then with the original Mammoth? Or Yak? Or Spider?

Simple: Because the Brutosaur is the most unique, and also the most expensive, and thus they'll sell more tokens if it becomes a limited time offer.
    Please don't give them more removable ideas!

But yes, i agree, it shouldn't be removed, even if they are planning to increase the gold flow next xpac (dunno if this will happen).

Or maybe it served its purpose of taking gold out of economy and is no longer needed.
    I bought Sha mount for 1.5M, Galleon mount for 500k, 2 TCG Rockets for 800k each, one Rhino for 700k. There's no way I am ever dropping 5M on something that is replaced by an alt parked at the AH.

I think this might even create an imbalance in the economy, where everyone wants to sell and not to buy.

Not sure if this is a good idea.

Let's also see how the new AH will work.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHR View Post
    I really don't see the big issue, it really should've just been a feat of strength from the beginning, getting 5 million gold is a big fucking deal man

The most I've ever had I think is around 20k.

You've had the entirety of BfA to get the gold and the mount with all the gold making methods in the world so I don't see what people are complaining about.
    All other goldsink mounts have eventually gotten cheaper by means of inflation.
    This one won't be, because they're removing it in less than a year, and there are wow tokens.

If you can't see why that's a scummy tactic, then so be it.

What greedy shitlords Blizzard has become. 0 reason to do this except to make people feel compelled to buy gold to buy this before it goes away.

nah you only need the yak tbh. That one isnt necessary. especially considering you have a dalaran hs with like 5 min cd.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pros: I got one and it will be even more rare and will generate more attention which is kinda fun
    Cons: Overall negative for the playerbase
    The ONLY good spin on this is if the starting bid price is waaaaay below 5mill, 50-500k range.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I don't even know how tokens work so this doesn't affect me in one bit. Sad I'll never have this mount though, it's actually cool unlike the Yak which I can afford but don't want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    nah you only need the yak tbh. That one isnt necessary. especially considering you have a dalaran hs with like 5 min cd.
    A portable AH is way cooler than a portable transmog. What the hell do I need transmog everywhere I go for? Meanwhile, I could literally be shopping on a dinosaur or selling things while camping stuff.

Im a Nightborne with mailbox-racial, two mailboxtoys and a alt. Im fine

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    This is just a blatant attempt at boosting token sales. Creating this faux rarity with store mounts is one thing, but with vendor goldsink mounts...? Why not then with the original Mammoth? Or Yak? Or Spider?

Simple: Because the Brutosaur is the most unique, and also the most expensive, and thus they'll sell more tokens if it becomes a limited time offer.
    I really don't think that's the case, Hamster. There's actually a hard limit on how many tokens we can buy (a generous limit, but still) in a given window, and if they wanted to sell as many tokens as possible, they wouldn't have something like that in place.

And it would take a LOT of them to buy a 5 million gold mount. ~40, more or less, given the current sell value on my server.

My guess is that its a prestige thing, they've grown increasingly protective of that in recent years and have removed a lot of stuff to that end.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2019-11-21 at 09:41 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Cool, remains an expensive mount even with inflation. So it should, it's a massive gold sink.

The yak etc were also super expensive in their time, 100k now is borderline nothing.

Hopefully min bid isn't 100k

Well game-time with gold will drop now for sure.
    (Removed for Violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    That settles it, I'm never going to have this mount. And I actually wanted it. The Yak is butt ugly, but this is cool.
    People still have a good ~9 months to farm 5m though.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I think this might even create an imbalance in the economy, where everyone wants to sell and not to buy.

Ye, that's what it has been on the game since the start of BfA, the economy feels shit on AH. Not impossible, but not great either.

Legion didn't had a brutosaur and you didn't need to have that much gold savings, besides your monthly wow token.

Boosts were less expensive as well.

Once BfA announced Caravan, on AH no one wanted to buy anything. They started saving up.

You can sell things but rarely in a rate of how i could in Legion for example.

And i see more boosters everywhere now, than in Legion too. Just that before they were more on the premade groups, waiting for you to join there or whisper them there. Blizzard forbid that or something as far as i remember.

Conclusion is that, if blizzard cared about economy they wouldn't do this.

Tthey don't care about economy in game, or fixing professions, so the professions don't make much gold, so people can buy as well gold with real money. Cause even professions can't give that much amount for a 5mil mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I don't even know how tokens work so this doesn't affect me in one bit. Sad I'll never have this mount though, it's actually cool unlike the Yak which I can afford but don't want.

- - - Updated - - -

A portable AH is way cooler than a portable transmog. What the hell do I need transmog everywhere I go for? Meanwhile, I could literally be shopping on a dinosaur or selling things while camping stuff.
    Transmog is more important than AH in retail tbh.

I think that they might increase the gold gain in the future (people are very unhappy with it right now), but to keep the token sales up, they also increase the price by putting it into the auction house.

Don't forget: 9.0 they say gives us a new system, and probably far more gold, but they also don't want to put in more gold, so they make it more expensive by putting it into the BMAH. It has too many benefits to leave it at this price. A portable auction House is insane, and yes, people will stock up now, they make profit, then they can up the gold-gains through professions/wqs and more in 9.0 without making this the go to mount for everyone.

This doesn't say that it's a bad move for everyone who are farming for it.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2019-11-21 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    What good will tho?

Many times i see everyone complaining about them, no matter what.
    With Shadowlands. Removal of RNG, the changes to leveling, more focus on player agency. These were all good things announced when a lot of players were burned out with BfA.

The time you save hopping on this mount vs swapping to an alt by the AH will almost certainly never be greater than the time it took to earn that 5 million gold. And I've barely even touched the AH at all this entire expansion. Not sure why anyone would buy this mount unless they are a hardcore mount collector.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    People still have a good ~9 months to farm 5m though.
    I probably have 2 millions tops across all my toons, if that. I'd have to sell everything I have that is even remotely valuable (Ethereal Soul Trader, Purple Puffer, Crawing claw, etc.) and even then I'd be just scratching the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post

Maybe. I just noticed the token dropped a bit, though it dropped for the last few days in the EU, so maybe just a coincidence.