Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    1) Helm of Domination
    2) The player character death knight has the power to raise new death knights

I believe he does this before the helmet is destroyed, as we can create DK's for allied races now in 8.3, which is before the shadowlands expansion...if you pre-ordered Shadowlands that is.

How he does so after is the same way Arthas can do it today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Also the scourge will be part of the pre-patch event again from what i recall
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    It was confirmed at Blizzcon, that he raised his new Death Knights BEFORE Sylvanas arrived, BECAUSE he knew he'd knew soldiers to defeat her when she showed up. Is it really that hard, to google things before making a thread?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It was confirmed at Blizzcon, that he raised his new Death Knights BEFORE Sylvanas arrived, BECAUSE he knew he'd knew soldiers to defeat her when she showed up. Is it really that hard, to google things before making a thread?
    Nothing like frantically making things up on the spot to counter the plot holes!

Also, if he knew she was coming and was interested in defeating her, why not call in more than a few of the Scourge? Where were these supposed new DKs? Either she killed them (wait then we can't roll them), or they were too incompetent to find and stop her. Either way, it's still propping the Lich Queen up by making everyone around into dolts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Nothing like frantically making things up on the spot to counter the plot holes!

Also, if he knew she was coming and was interested in defeating her, why not call in more than a few of the Scourge? Where were these supposed new DKs? Either she killed them (wait then we can't roll them), or they were too incompetent to find and stop her. Either way, it's still propping the Lich Queen up by making everyone around into dolts.
    They did state at Blizzcon that he created them before the fight with Sylvanas but I don't remember them saying it was to beat her and personally I assumed the threat he was raising them to fight was N'Zoth.

Bolvar made a new army of Deathknights just to fight her but they all still lost as she's too powerful.

And nobody is gonna use the Helm of Damnation where you damn yourself instead of the Helm of Domination that actually lets you dominate.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Was it? The way they were describing it sounded like it was in response to Sylvanas's actions, because no one knew what she was up to.
    It sort of was I guess? He also raised them to create a new army to fight Sylvanas, but it seems that he ended up fighting her himself

Otherwise, I always viewed the Helm as more of a conduit for the power.

Like an undead antenna that lets you broadcast your power further. I suppose naturally it also endows the power in the first place, but even the player DK was shown to be able to create more Death Knights.
    After the Helm was shattered, does Bolvar still keep his Death Knight power? Without it there isn't really a Lich King anymore right?

And the player DKs creating more? I guess DK generation 4 (I think? Dome said that the new ones were 3.5) could just all be player made, unless Bolvar gets his Helm somehow back
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    It sort of was I guess? He also raised them to create a new army to fight Sylvanas, but it seems that he ended up fighting her himself
    But why would he know Sylvanas was coming to attack him if Tyrande has been trying to find her and couldn't? I doubt they wouldn't try to work together.

After the Helm was shattered, does Bolvar still keep his Death Knight power? Without it there isn't really a Lich King anymore right?

And the player DKs creating more? I guess DK generation 4 (I think? Dome said that the new ones were 3.5) could just all be player made, unless Bolvar gets his Helm somehow back
    You raise the new Four Horseman during the DK campaign in Legion.

Only because the Lich King is lending you his power to do so, though.

3+ Year Old Account
    You do? I only did the one where Nazgrim is raised. I didn't really play the DK order hall sorry

The Helm of Domination apparently can open portals to the Shadowlands if broken. Yet Frostmourne, an artifact equally as powerful, didn't have nearly the same impact when it was broken. In short, the new current writing team for WoW is absolute trash.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The Helm of Domination apparently can open portals to the Shadowlands if broken. Yet Frostmourne, an artifact equally as powerful, didn't have nearly the same impact when it was broken. In short, the new current writing team for WoW is absolute trash.
    The Helmet was always the stronger artifact, it's what allows someone to become the Lich King and able to control the endless legion of the Undead. Frostmourne is very powerful especially against living things but it's just a weapon that can capture souls. There are other extremely powerful artifact weapons that can rival it. But the Helm of Domination is one of a kind.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    The Helmet was always the stronger artifact, it's what allows someone to become the Lich King and able to control the endless legion of the Undead. Frostmourne is very powerful especially against living things but it's just a weapon that can capture souls. There are other extremely powerful artifact weapons that can rival it. But the Helm of Domination is one of a kind.
    Frostmourne had a sub-realm inside of it that contained all the souls languishing. Frostmourne was just as powerful as the Helm. It's what was used to create most of the death knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    If I am wrong, and you'd like to correct me, I'd like to hear it.
    I really couldn't tell what you were getting at because you kept rambling and going back and forth. I'm going to assume you're talking about "how can he make Death Knights with the Helm broken". Blizzard already stated that Bolvar is making the new DKs prior to the events in the Shadowlands cinematic, hence why early access to them is starting in 8.3 and not prepatch.

- - - Updated - - -

-sigh- read above.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2019-11-23 at 09:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I really couldn't tell what you were getting at because you kept rambling and going back and forth. I'm going to assume you're talking about "how can he make Death Knights with the Helm broken. Blizzard already stated that Bolvar is making the new DKs prior to the events in the Shadowlands cinematic, hence why early access to them is starting in 8.3 and not prepatch.

- - - Updated - - -

-sigh- read above.
    The Helm was never used to create DKs IIRC. Frostmourne was used and when that was destroyed, it was just the more powerful DKs like Mograine having a pow-wow and using the latent energy of Acherus to do it. The Helm is used to CONTROL, not create.

Frostmourne had a sub-realm inside of it that contained all the souls languishing. Frostmourne was just as powerful as the Helm. It's what was used to create most of the death knights.
    But only with the Helm can someone be consider the Lich King. Arthas with Frostmourne was a powerful deathknight but still just a deathknight. Once he put on the helm, that's when he became a high tier powerhouse. Same for Bolvar, the epic and dramatic music when they're putting on the helm supports this.

You do? I only did the one where Nazgrim is raised. I didn't really play the DK order hall sorry
    You should go through that campaign, hands down the best one in Legion.
    You get to go around wreaking havoc, spreading disease and decay. There is an extended sequence where you go to the Scarlet monastery and murder the last remaining scrlet crusade holdouts while ressurected Nazgrim strangulates inquisitors, it is great.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You should go through that campaign, hands down the best one in Legion.
    You get to go around wreaking havoc, spreading disease and decay. There is an extended sequence where you go to the Scarlet monastery and murder the last remaining scrlet crusade holdouts while ressurected Nazgrim strangulates inquisitors, it is great.
    I was planning on going through it when my Zandalari DK is the right level

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    But only with the Helm can someone be consider the Lich King. Arthas with Frostmourne was a powerful deathknight but still just a deathknight. Once he put on the helm, that's when he became a high tier powerhouse. Same for Bolvar, the epic and dramatic music when they're putting on the helm supports this.
    My point isn't whether or not someone is Lich King. My point is that Frostmourne is just as powerful as the Helm just with different abilities. The Helm makes someone the Lich King because it gives them full command of the Scourge. Frostmourne just did different shit but was on the same power level.