Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Anduin sneezes and <insert random horde leader> says something about how Alliance is allways the agresors and starts a genocidal war

Quote Originally Posted by Aleloron View Post
    I find the Night Elves to be utterly boring and pointless, little better than a bunch of tree-hugging hippies. I can see how a fan of NElfs would dislike it, but something that truly shook them to the core and entirely dismantled over ten thousand-plus years of beliefs would send them into a spiral of self-destruction and would make them pretty damn interesting. Yeah they lost their precious tree and a lot of them were murdered when the tree was set on fire, but I still expect Blizz to pull a re-do during the end of the Shadowlands expansion and somehow resurrect the majority of the Nelfs that were burnt into crispy critters, entirely trivializing the recent events. So, with that in mind, I think that a truly massive shake-up, one that can’t just be retconned out in an expansion or two thanks to new Titan/Light/Void/Shadowlands Super Special Magic-y Magic would be pretty awesome.
    That's the problem though, Blizz keeps hitting them but without any payoff or results. Hell, the Night Warrior hype was a complete nothingburger. You're right that WoW turned them into tree huggers, they're pale shadows of what we were introduced to in WC3, but at some point they HAVE to do something positive. Their entire history in WoW has been punching bags to show how big and bad the Horde is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    Your comment =/= facts.....in no way is most of the playerbase coming back to retail from classic...you literally pulled this statement out of ur arse. Why would u do this?
    They may not be going back to retail, but they're definitely going away from Classic. Def can tell there's a lot less people playing it then there were a month ago.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    it is da wae for horde and alliance to hate each other. otherwise it would be world of peacecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    world of peacecraft.
    This catchphrase should definitely be elevated to meme category. WTF have we been doing with the Scourge, the Legion, the Old Gods, etc.? Tea and biscuits? /headdesk
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    This catchphrase should definitely be elevated to meme category. WTF have we been doing with the Scourge, the Legion, the Old Gods, etc.? Tea and biscuits? /headdesk
    Clearly, it was diplomacy. Stern talking-tos. Sometimes in extreme cases... harsh language!
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    If there is one thing that'll NEVER change in WoW, it's the feud between both factions (lorewise). Even Ion stated in Blizzcon that the faction vs faction dynamic is a staple of WoW and will never go away.

However, right now, the Horde and Alliance leadership are pretty much all sucking each other off in a big love orgy after they defeated Sylvannas. Thrall and Jaina are over there hold hands. Baine and Jaina are over there making out. First Arcanist Thalyssra and Jaina are over there scissoring. Anduin and the charred remains of Saurfang's corpse is over there 69in'.

So what now? There is too much love between the factions. How will they start hating each other again so we can get back to the status quo.
    Completely false. The Horde leadership (apart from Talanji) is super enamored with Anduin, and Anduin is enamored with them. Rest of the Alliance leadership would prefer to to slit the Horde's throat and finally be done with this conflict. At the moment the rest of the Alliance is waiting for the next inevitable Horde betrayal that happens after every armistice and peace summit. The good news is that maybe, just maybe we'll FINALLY get writers that follow through with the Alliance wanting to end this Horde conflict once and for all.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    And Alliance is doomed without us taking harsh actions against the Horde because there is only so much of humiliation you can go through until you become a joke and wither. So what? Playing Alliance dosent feel bad... it feels disgusting. It feels like literally being cucked. Would you want to play like that?
    So why are posting? The Horde isn't any happier than you you. Either you don't accept that, in which case I can only say you are barking up the wrong tree, or you do, in which case you either 1) find a way to make things better for both factions 2) you give up, or 3) you find a way for WOW to be not be a two faction game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    They may not be going back to retail, but they're definitely going away from Classic. Def can tell there's a lot less people playing it then there were a month ago.
    Classic was always going to peak an drop. The only question is to what level will it drop?

And the peak numbers for Classic were _much_ higher than I expected, so it can drop a lot and be viable. Esp. given how cheap it is for Blizzard to produce.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    Your comment =/= facts.....in no way is most of the playerbase coming back to retail from classic...you literally pulled this statement out of ur arse. Why would u do this?
    Actually, from my experience, I can confirm this. At least 2 guilds I was part of on a classic server fell apart in a space between late November and now. Not all went back to retail, true, but going from 30+ online to barely 10 is a change that is hard to miss. Classic got dull very fast for most, once they cleared the content a few times.

I didn't know we even stopped.... who cares what this traitor Anduin wants...

Quote Originally Posted by Aleloron View Post
    I find the Night Elves to be utterly boring and pointless, little better than a bunch of tree-hugging hippies. I can see how a fan of NElfs would dislike it, but something that truly shook them to the core and entirely dismantled over ten thousand-plus years of beliefs would send them into a spiral of self-destruction and would make them pretty damn interesting. Yeah they lost their precious tree and a lot of them were murdered when the tree was set on fire, but I still expect Blizz to pull a re-do during the end of the Shadowlands expansion and somehow resurrect the majority of the Nelfs that were burnt into crispy critters, entirely trivializing the recent events. So, with that in mind, I think that a truly massive shake-up, one that can’t just be retconned out in an expansion or two thanks to new Titan/Light/Void/Shadowlands Super Special Magic-y Magic would be pretty awesome.
    Good point. I'm thinking of switching to Alliance. I wasn't planning on a Night Elf, but maybe. I mean, they have gotten quite a bit of story lately (claims to contrary not withstanding, not liking a story is not the same as not getting one) and if Blizzard can do something with it...
    Last edited by allawyn; 2020-01-04 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by allawyn View Post
    Good point. I'm thinking of switching to Alliance. I wasn't planning on a Night Elf, but maybe. I mean, they have gotten quite a bit of story lately (claims to contrary not withstanding, not liking a story is not the same as not getting one) and if Blizzard can do something with it...
    If you want being mentioned only in context of losing, being massacred, being ignored in stories that should feature you, and being humiliated, you'll love NElves in modern WoW.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allawyn View Post
    If you're going to reroll ally, I will be so bold as to suggest anything that it isn't a nelf. That is, unless you have a certain penchant for masochism

If you're going to reroll ally, I will be so bold as to suggest anything that it isn't a nelf. That is, unless you have a certain penchant for masochism
    But they are extremely useful for M+

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    But they are extremely useful for M+
    Hahahaha, well that's correct, but since this is the lore forum I was speaking from a story PoV

Hahahaha, well that's correct, but since this is the lore forum I was speaking from a story PoV
    Any masochist would enjoy the night elf storyline as well :P

If we ever have another Horde vs Alliance war expansion then you might as well start digging a grave for this game, or at least for its story (if you haven't already).

This expansion's saving grace was that it was trying up loose ends on Azeroth so we could start forging new lore. And the non-war related stories were typically fairly decent (I loved Kul Tiras and Zandalar). Another expansion trying this crap yet again would be a dramatic failure. It was already stupidly overdone in this expansion, do it a third time and it's just a comedy.

That said, the Horde and Alliance will continue to antagonize each other. If we start up hostilities again, I hope it's Alliance. It's overdue, and we finally have people in the Alliance who don't sit around putting up with garbage and are willing to act decisively. It would be interesting to see Horde on the defensive for the first time since Warcraft III.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Any masochist would enjoy the night elf storyline as well :P
    Only most hardcore masochists who love to switch between degrading neglect and humiliating abuse.

7+ Year Old Account
    Most likely the Horde starting yet another war and the Alliance having to save them

I'm not saying anything about how enjoyable the Night Elf story during BfA, but conflict and/or trial is necessary for story. And having suffered an evil, and how you respond, is classic story telling. Now it certainly is possible the Blizzard will screw it up, but there is real potential there moving forward.