Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Honestly, there shouldn't be a "thing" that gets the Horde/Alliance fighting again. What it should be is a series of small events that gets the factions upset... and continue that way from now until the servers shut down decades from now.

I personally feel the faction war serves faaaaar better as the special spice to every expansion story... and fails EVERY time that spice gets forced to become the primary story! There's no point in making the faction war THE focus of the story, because NOTHING ever gets solved, and you're always going to leave 1/2 of the audience dissapointed by definition.

And for those bullying doinks who shout "But it's the focus of Warcraft since the RTS!", and I'm here to remind you that - NO, not even by the end of the RTS was the faction war the core focus anymore! Even Blizzard (well, OLD Blizzard) learned that by Warcraft III when they made the LEGION the primary villain of that story, and let the faction war simply be the icing on the cake where fans of all factions got development, both good and bad.

Seriously, stop making faction leaders into heroes and villains and go back to having the feud just be something extra that happens in the middle of the story, with maybe some new characters comming out and being developed that aren't faction leaders, but generals and tribal chieftains who get their own story that wraps up by expansion end.

Let the new major villains arise that we both fight, and let that fight bring out the good and bad in our faction disputes.

Well, considering Blizzard seems to have only 1 faction war story: A new warchief will come to power, be evil, then bomb an Alliance city. Followed by the Horde civil war and Alliance just kind of existing.

Blizzard just cannot break the classic fantasy thropes. They always play with safe decisions. I truly believe they have no balls to break from the mantra and actually create something different/new. And yes, they will again do the "Together we are better, no, wait, let's kill each other again because reasons".

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Someone will get slapped and then we will go to war for the next couple of months until supermega-evil guy comes along and we decide to fight alongside each other to defeat him. We then proceed to talk about how we fight well together and shouldn't be at war. Rinse and repeat.
    This, this and, unfortunetaly, again this.

Gotta love the ever present attempts to downplay the Horde's wildly disproportionate acts. Oh, Alliance slapped them? SCORCHED EARTH, NONE SHALL SURVIVE, MOUNTAINS OF SKULLS AND RIVERS OF BLOOD! Horde fans cheer this on, Blizz caters to that, then Hordies cry when "somehow we're the villains!"

Maybe if you stopped encouraging Blizz to write genocide in response to a stolen cookie, they wouldn't feel compelled to write you as villains. Of course, it doesn't remotely help that there is no single Horde. There's the WC3 Horde fans and the Old Horde fans, and they are NOT compatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasVonTzeskagrad View Post
    Yeah, all it requires is getting Baine either shived to death by some skeleton and replaced by Gallywix or a crazy Geyarah, or have Baine and Bob hitting their boneheads to a brick then suddenly will to purge the living crap out of Azeroth from non-toxic masculinity angels.

That or they make the story BfA should have been on the first place, a story about Alliance starting another war but losing its holy aura thus transforming into a faction capable of objective evil, and thus give the Horde some sort of moral counterweight to what Garrosh was made into.

Although at this point I'd not like that story anymore. I won't give Baine such an undeserved pleasure.
    At this point, after Teldrassil, Theramore and both SoO and BfA ending with “well, Horde is good now, lets forgive” nothing Alliance can do against the Horde will be “just as bad”. It will be shooting to kill after seven warnings, two second chances and six shots to the air.

Whenever blizzard wants to make a filler story to build up the next big baddie. Seems to be the recipe.

Something stupid and forced definitely. Practically nothing would make sense for us to start hating each other again. We should essentially be like allied countries at this point. Still separate and managed their own way but definitely on good strong terms.

Quote Originally Posted by phealin View Post
    I'm pretty sure Tyrande is gonna do something to start the next war.
    Hopefully, it would be a nice change of pace opposed to creating Garrosh and Sylvanas' warmongering successors.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Gotta love the ever present attempts to downplay the Horde's wildly disproportionate acts. Oh, Alliance slapped them? SCORCHED EARTH, NONE SHALL SURVIVE, MOUNTAINS OF SKULLS AND RIVERS OF BLOOD! Horde fans cheer this on, Blizz caters to that, then Hordies cry when "somehow we're the villains!"

Maybe if you stopped encouraging Blizz to write genocide in response to a stolen cookie, they wouldn't feel compelled to write you as villains. Of course, it doesn't remotely help that there is no single Horde. There's the WC3 Horde fans and the Old Horde fans, and they are NOT compatible.
    But Camp Taurajo

10+ Year Old Account
    Never.....there is still bad blood between the Horde and Alliance. No matter what Anduin do he can't sweep the past away so quickly when there is too many people who got raw dogged on both sides. Talanji and Tyrande are the wildcards right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Hopefully, it would be a nice change of pace opposed to creating Garrosh and Sylvanas' warmongering successors.
    Plus it has the benefits of shitting on NElf fans again (one of the writers' favorite games), allowing the Horde to whine that they're victims, and hopefully disgusting to the point of quitting any players who point out that peace with the Horde NEVER works and just fucks the Alliance over! Then there's no need for a Unifaction, they can just stop writing for the Alliance altogether when the playerbase is below a certain level! Think of the savings! /hipdeepsarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    Like always, the Horde gets the urge to shed blood and starts killing innocents thus triggers another war.
    Yup. It's pretty inevitable that the horde will trigger another war just like they did when they allowed Calia to show up where she should not have been while trying to get people to defect from the allia...

Oh wait...

Obviously Tyrande

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phealin View Post
    I'm pretty sure Tyrande is gonna do something to start the next war.
    This is my thinking as well. No way she lets go of Teldrassil.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Well Horde did burn Teldrassil and committed a genocide of Night Elves, so hating them is really easy.

Whatever they do, it's going to look idiotically contrived in the face of whatever big baddie the expansion is really about, just like Cata, MoP, WoD, and BFA.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

huh? we already hate eachother. I mean sure some tools is fine with blaming sylvanas only.
    But i just sent in my application to join the scarlet crusade. I wont rest until every last walking corpse and greenskin warmonger is chopped to pieces.

But then again, ive never ever seen a war on such a large scale as p2 in classic wow. Yet apparently theres peace between factions with only minor skrimishes going on according to thrall... I dont think that guy gets out much. If it wasnt for max 1 skele per player change wed have piles of bones covering entire zones by now.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Tyrande will be stupid enough to attempt at assassination of Thrall/Baine/Rokhan/whomever will stay at the throne after Shadowlands and Horde will rightfully counterattack using some effective weapon. Alliance will pretend Horde started the war and Horde commited war crimes.
    Blizzard doesn’t even egknowledge the war grimes the horde has already committed they hand waved away the tree by just blaming sylvanas even though she didn’t do it alone.

The horde is the pinnacle of “just following orders” and it works every time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Something stupid and forced definitely. Practically nothing would make sense for us to start hating each other again. We should essentially be like allied countries at this point. Still separate and managed their own way but definitely on good strong terms.
    Why in the world would they be on good terms? The horde literally committed genocide on one of the alliance races terms should be the worse they have ever been since WC3.

10+ Year Old Account
    rofl so much horde salt in here. even some "omg taurajoooooo! but guys tauraajoooooooo!" yea i guess we should just ignore the bomb at stonetalon peak? or astrannar? or you know teldrassil. and yes before you say undercity, remember who plagued it, the precious warchief themself.

as for who starts it? i hope its alliance, i hope its not another "the horde needs to find its true self so lets take them to war lol".
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    But Camp Taurajo
    Don't forget that one time that the mean Alliance put the defeated orcs in camps (instead of slaughtering them all after 2 attempted genocides), truly horrible people for not letting the orcs go right after they warpathed across the lands murdering everything...
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2019-11-28 at 06:54 AM.