Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ankoan+Jinyu for Alliance,
    Mogu for Horde

That will be the Pandaria set of Allied Races, who are unique enough. (still think Alliance need more unique options in the future)

I truly think that Worgen and Undead-based Allied Races are still on the table.

Undead Humans a la Calia and Derek for the Horde are likely since the story is trending that way.

Saberon are likely too, I think. It's a loose plot thread right now and there could be some Night Elf interaction, wouldn't mind playing a Night Elf that transforms into a Saberon or something.

My Money is on Mogu (H) and IDGAF (A).

The Mogu make sense as they are friendly now and we will be farming their new faction rep in 8.3 the only question is, what other race would they tie with it for Alliance?

Not to mention full Mogu models are already currently in game (and able to equip armor!) so it would make sense for them to port Mogu and then have to actually develop a 2nd one...Jinyu i guess?

I want Horde Ogres personally!

I know, it might just be lazy asset placement, because the banners of allied races are the same as the banners from core races, but god I so hope we're gonna have one last pair of allied races !

I'd love the gilblins but I don't know what kind of sheit they could give the alliance. I don't care. Just surprise me with some new stuff !

GIVE ME NEW

10+ Year Old Account
    You can combine this with the fact there is also a potential place holder for 2 more allied races in the embassies

For me the fact they cared to add a mogu rep and actually firnedly mogu like nothing would have forced them to put friendly mogu they couldve easily just put raden boss and pandaren rep like "protectors of the vale" or something like that but no they specifically pout a friendly mogu faction

like we never had friendly mogu and now like, ho he! friendly mogu and raden, and female mogu, and even rep faction, and still i think its quite strange to add rep with mogu in expac thats related to zandalari

Alosi i would guess that they will add the lvl squish in 9.0 or either 8.3.5 meaning it might be verry interessting to lvl a new char so might be perfect to add new AR

For me the most logicial would be to put mogu in horde since we got lot of mogu in horde zones even if they are not firendly in thoses zones still they pout friendly mogu faction so might aline with zandalari as most logicial thing and would have the fish ppl from nazjatar allying with alliance meaning both would be padanria related races. Or they would either make mogu as neutral allied race to be like "pandaren allied race"

But ofc it can also be just pure lazyness from blizzard and we wont get anything but i would be pretty sad

Vrykul Alliance, Ogres Horde
    VRYKUL ALLIANCE, OGRES HORDE!
    LET ME IIIINNN!!!

Why do they have to be humanoid?

- Raptors. Raptors on raptor mounts, ftw.
    - Sharks. Nuf said.

just remembered that one of the interviews from Blizzcon stated that as a result of making Mechagnomes they have the tech to add races with more or less than 2 so Naga, Nerubians, Centaurs, Children of Cenarius, hell Nathrezim, Sayaad and other species with additional arms/legs can be put on the table

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like Forest trolls for the Horde.

No idea what to give Alliance. Frostborn dwarves? They don't have huge ties with the alliance though..

EDIT: I didn't write Ogres, because I want them as a full fledged race, not allied.

I don't know what either faction will get, but I think it's necessary to add a Void/Light touched race for the Hode. Otherwise, it'll play second fiddle to formerly Alliance character turned neutrals come the great Void/Light Expansion(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    A lot of resentment on the homeworld that we go to in Legion. You see how they say that Veleen abandoned them. So, while the ones in outlands might not necessarily resent Veleen, the ones of the homeworld harbor some i'll will towards him. Those would be the perfect faction to recruit.
    I had forgotten all about those, you're right. Even if I think that at the end of the Argus Campaign, the tensions were resolved. And I'm not sure the Horde has the means to reach Argus nowadays. I'm not even sure that the Vindidcaaar can, and it has become the home of the Lighforged. Plus, i'd be sad to have the Horde get Broken before the Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    I don't know what either faction will get, but I think it's necessary to add a Void/Light touched race for the Hode. Otherwise, it'll play second fiddle to formerly Alliance character turned neutrals come the great Void/Light Expansion(s).
    I'm almost certain the horde will be getting Lightborne undead of some sort before 9.0, that's probably also how'll they'll get the undead paladin that's been requested for awhile. Which leaves the worgen skeleton(and possibly pandaren but i kinda doubt that'll happen before bfa ends) no idea what that'll be though. Sadly I don't see Mogu, Ogres, Setherak or ankoan coming, unless they've been sitting on the female models of those for some reason.

I think that Mogu aren't that hard to implement : they are based on the Draeneï skeleton, females models do exist since ToT and more of those will pop-up in 8.3.

It'd mostly require work on their face, emotes and stance/spellcasting. It is probably considerable work, but they wouldn't have to start from nothing with them because while the Mogu faces are largely inexpressive nowadays, they look a lot like orc faces to me.

Then again, I do know nothing of programming so I could be entirely wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    just remembered that one of the interviews from Blizzcon stated that as a result of making Mechagnomes they have the tech to add races with more or less than 2 so Naga, Nerubians, Centaurs, Children of Cenarius, hell Nathrezim, Sayaad and other species with additional arms/legs can be put on the table
    Do you happen to know which interview it was where they said this? I'd like to hear it for myself.

3+ Year Old Account

Something like these guys would be cool. We might get Venthyr instead in the future though
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2019-12-03 at 01:46 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

The way my head always thought they would do Allied Races was one for each of the Core ones. Kul Tirans for Humans, Zul Trolls for the Trolls and so on. So that would mean that if the Voulpira are the Goblin and Mecha Gnomes are from the Gnomes then we need a Worgen and Undead as the "missing" races from the equation. So Vykrul for the horde and I dunno, what are the cat people called again? Or I guess the fish guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LostSinclair View Post
    I'm almost certain the horde will be getting Lightborne undead of some sort before 9.0, that's probably also how'll they'll get the undead paladin that's been requested for awhile. Which leaves the worgen skeleton(and possibly pandaren but i kinda doubt that'll happen before bfa ends) no idea what that'll be though. Sadly I don't see Mogu, Ogres, Setherak or ankoan coming, unless they've been sitting on the female models of those for some reason.
    Well, after some thinking i doubt lightforged undead will be playable because Calia seems to be pretty unique and a one off and i dont know how they would do this in game since they w<ould have to make the lightforged undead look more like humans with same skeletons like lets say nathanos or derek i would rather guess they would make some kind of huymans/undead than just lightforged

Also keep in mind they could just creat "AR" with the custimization options like the whildhammer for exemple so i would guess just put glowing eyes and glowing tatoos for undead and here we go =p

Also i think ppl must drop their old beliefs about how ar work that it should be a certain rig or stuff like that because every of thoses things were contradicted everytime a new allied race came to the game for exemple :

1 : Allied races must have an existing rig from a playable core race : wrong kul tiran humans use their own rig
    2 : Allied races must be the "sub race" of an already existing core race : Wrong Vulperas are the sub race of none
    3 : Allied races must have or not have theiur own capitals : wrong Zandalari have their capitals and vuperas dont have capitals
    4 : Allied races must be able to wear all players armors : wrong mechagnomes cant wear pants

We still have the restriction that it must be able to have mounts so most likely more than 2 legs cant but i would guess nagas are still possible if they sit on side on mounts =p

About the mogu there is also something i find verry suspcisious about them in the pach and it is the fact that we still dont have any audio files from either ra-den or thoses mogu npcs from that faction, like we have everything azshara or even n'zoth but not ra-den this is verry fishy in my opinions its like they are hidding sometthing

Also you have one of the mogu leader in that new faction that use a model which was used by lei shen long ago as a place holder so does this mean this guy is a place holder too?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Do you happen to know which interview it was where they said this? I'd like to hear it for myself.
    Sorry don't remember which one just remember it was said in one of them, there was a post of it on the main page

What is missing now is a humanoid race for both factions. Something undeady and shadowy.

Ogres for Horde has been in the making for almost two years:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Ogres-in-mind

There's not as clear an answer for Alliance. Could be anything, but I bet it will be a low-effort solution like LF and VE were.