Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    "Get Bamboozled ye Peasant!"
    /cast Rank 1 [Confusion]
    OT: Glad I quit Classic when I did, everyday the salt from AV threads alone is too much for my pea brain and popcorn bowl.
    Classic is the gift that keeps on giving - a new unlimited energy source.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    I know where horde can jump up...Do you know where alliance can jump up?

I don't believe u

The fact you didn't describe it says....No

Horde just go a bit south of aid station and they can jump up from the valley. To my knowledge there is no equivalent in the horde base...? I'm willing to have my eyes opened but for now i'm gonna call bulllllshit
    Alliance can jump over the outer wall from one of the snow mounds on the side, close to the hut where the Alliance Wing Commander is held (then it's a straight run in front of the blacksmith). Alliance can then skip the main tower leading into the inner fort by simply riding up the mound beside it.

Additionally, you can run straight through the Hord base without any NPCs in your way to aggro onto you - this is impossible to do in the Alliance base.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    I know where horde can jump up...Do you know where alliance can jump up?

I don't believe u
    Because i care if an idiot on the internet who cant take 10 seconds to google how lopsided the map is (its not like there's a debate.. its been a closed/decided/over topic for 14 years, kid) belives me.

The fact you didn't describe it says....No
    Or id rather not spread toxic gameplay for no reason. You could just google it. And... at least two ways to do it have been described after your post. There's a third. No, i wont tell you what it is, but it allows you to go straight to the Relief Hut without aggroing anything or exposing yourself to other players who aren't specifically waiting for you to do it.

Also, nice of you to ignore all the OTHER ways i pointed out that map heavily favors alliance.

Ill add a few more:

The "Northern" horde "Choke" (at Iceblood) is not covered by Iceblood Tower (the archers cant hit the choke). Its also THREE TIMES as wide as the "Southern" ally "Choke") at Icweing. Icewing also completely covers the choke and can continue to fire on you FAR down the road in either direction (it cant QUITE hit the Stonehearth GY flag anymore, which it could before the 1.8 changes). Its so narrow at Icewing that two mages can freeze the entire area and stop an entire raid cold.

SHGY flag is a direct line of site from the Spirit Rez. Iceblood GY is around a corner and further away. Its far easier for rezzers to D SHGY. Same with Stormpike - both it and FWGY are direct-LoS to the flag, but its about 10 seconds closer than FW rez point is. Its also after a narrow pass that a single mage can shut down, and has two sides that face a cliff. FWGY is just... sitting out in a field and can be approached from anywhere.

Theres plenty more, but again, im not your Google slave. This stuff has been shown for 15 years.

Horde just go a bit south of aid station and they can jump up from the valley. To my knowledge there is no equivalent in the horde base...? I'm willing to have my eyes opened but for now i'm gonna call bulllllshit
    My, dont you look silly.

I mean, AV was proven objectively advantageous to Alliance over 14 years ago, so I don't see how today would be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I mean, AV was proven objectively advantageous to Alliance over 14 years ago, so I don't see how today would be any different.
    You make it sound like it stayed that way for 14 years.....

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    I think AV is a story about the beautiful friendship and teamwork between the horde and alliance.

They don't bother us while we farm as much honour as possible while we don't bother them while they farm the boss. Everyone is happy!

Unless you like PvP of course. Whoever designed a bg where both sides can achieve their goal at the same time without even meeting each other is bad at video games.
    Talk to the genius who decided that the post 1.10 version of av was where they should start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Honor doesnt matter though, as long as all Alliance only get about 1k honor per AV, it got the same value as when hordes get 2-3k honor. Because honor is relative to how much others in your faction got that week.
    So horde ends up with hundred thousands daily, wheras alliance get's a 3rd of it, but in the end rank points are just based on how much the others have. I'd rather have the rush meta for horde to get to exalted 3 times as fast. Then be done with AV.
    Well that would all depend on wheter all other allies are doing the same wouldn't it?

It's true the rush meta is superior if you don't really care about pvp rank, since you get more rep and get your exalted items faster. But I would never trust my fellow faction members to also skip lieutenants and objectives, I'm not a die hard ranker but the time I do commit to ranking I wan't to be as efficient as possible, if I get 3k honor per AV and my other faction member would get 1-2k honor then I would technically farm honor 1.5-3 times faster as the others. Now most groups I face and team with now seem to understand that and also kill and do most objectives and a few groups still don't and there's nothing wrong with that they just care about different things.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    as a horde player, does that seam plausible to you? ive farmed ~250k honor so far as alliance, and ill say 7/10 games are easy 9-11 min alliance victories, 1/10 someone overpulls the warmasters, but we have the GY so we try again and win in 12-16 mins, 1/10 turns into a protracted war in the horde base and we win by 21 mins, and 1/10 turns into a turtle where the horde wins after a 26+ game. in the 125+ games ive played, i could count on my fingers the amount of times horde has won (i usually afk out if it turns into a turtle) and i could count on my right hand how many times horde have won in under 20 mins. the idea of a horde player coming here and claiming a 20 game win streak is extremely silly to me.
    You know you are most likely queueing up with different players right? He might be EU, he could be on a different battlegroup or play at different times. Anecdotes are no real evidence of anything. At the end of the day I think you're right and he's lying but you claiming you win 9 out of 10 games looks just as bad in terms of your credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    My soul started to slowly leave my body as I skimmed through this thread.

Thanks MMO-C, I needed that daily reminder that the internet is garbage.
    The thing that amazes me most is that quite a few gamers make fun of sports fans because of how they claim their team is the best and THEY WON, even though those fans had no impact on the game whatsoever and the players come from all sorts of regions so there's no real relation to them.

Then those same gamers turn around and feed into EU vs NA conflicts or Horde vs Alliance. I mean I get it you'll support a certain faction thats only logical but man it sounds so stupid when some guy makes up a thread like this with some kind of superiority complex. There's winners and losers everywhere, on both factions and in both regions. Sometimes I get tired of hearing NA won this and EU won that, no that certain team won and the region they come from was far from the deciding factor in their succes, and you by being from the same region aren't also automatically good because of it.

On a small side note, I laugh at anyone who claims that huge pvp fights are about mechanical skill, the thing that matters most is communication and preperation. Watch a Apes PvP vid and see how they all listen to their GM no ifs and buts, that makes them good. Apes also has done it a thousand times which is the preperation part, they know how it's done. Every mage can spam arcane explosion and everyone can use a sapper. I would enjoy AV far more if I could queue up as 40 or at least more then 1 so your group performance actually feels impactful. Also objectives should be mandatory in a bg like AV or else what's the point? As of now AV is a glorified dungeon where a group of 40 can just run past every mob to the end boss.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You make it sound like it stayed that way for 14 years.....
    That's not what the post made it sound like at all. You are making lots of assumptions.

But I guess I'll bite - it hasn't changed in the last what, 13 years because it didn't exist? It's not rocket surgery.
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2019-12-14 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    That's not what the post made it sound like at all. You are making lots of assumptions.

But I guess I'll bite - it hasn't changed in the last what, 13 years because it didn't exist? It's not rocket surgery.
    "so I don't see how today would be any different."

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    "so I don't see how today would be any different."
    Because it didn't exist.

Its funny when we get tbc horde gets paladins and the tables turn heavily in horde favour and the alliance starts crying about high elves
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

I'm surprised that people who are supposedly adults are still so into this faction vs faction. It's unbelievable how many adults are still yelling "for the horde/alliance!" Is it actually the only group so many people feel being a part off and take pride in it whenever their faction does something? I mean, if you ever went to the world 1st raid threads, the amount of pride people have if a guild from their faction is the first to clear a raid... Well, each to their own I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Because i care if an idiot on the internet who cant take 10 seconds to google how lopsided the map is (its not like there's a debate.. its been a closed/decided/over topic for 14 years, kid) belives me.

Or id rather not spread toxic gameplay for no reason. You could just google it. And... at least two ways to do it have been described after your post. There's a third. No, i wont tell you what it is, but it allows you to go straight to the Relief Hut without aggroing anything or exposing yourself to other players who aren't specifically waiting for you to do it.

Also, nice of you to ignore all the OTHER ways i pointed out that map heavily favors alliance.

Ill add a few more:

The "Northern" horde "Choke" (at Iceblood) is not covered by Iceblood Tower (the archers cant hit the choke). Its also THREE TIMES as wide as the "Southern" ally "Choke") at Icweing. Icewing also completely covers the choke and can continue to fire on you FAR down the road in either direction (it cant QUITE hit the Stonehearth GY flag anymore, which it could before the 1.8 changes). Its so narrow at Icewing that two mages can freeze the entire area and stop an entire raid cold.

SHGY flag is a direct line of site from the Spirit Rez. Iceblood GY is around a corner and further away. Its far easier for rezzers to D SHGY. Same with Stormpike - both it and FWGY are direct-LoS to the flag, but its about 10 seconds closer than FW rez point is. Its also after a narrow pass that a single mage can shut down, and has two sides that face a cliff. FWGY is just... sitting out in a field and can be approached from anywhere.

Theres plenty more, but again, im not your Google slave. This stuff has been shown for 15 years.

If you're talking about the BS jump that requires you to run into the same fucking choke you'd be in anyway................

My, dont you look silly.
    I'll take that as a no lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Alliance can jump over the outer wall from one of the snow mounds on the side, close to the hut where the Alliance Wing Commander is held (then it's a straight run in front of the blacksmith). Alliance can then skip the main tower leading into the inner fort by simply riding up the mound beside it.

Additionally, you can run straight through the Hord base without any NPCs in your way to aggro onto you - this is impossible to do in the Alliance base.
    you're still entering the choke, that's not the same lol, one requires you to hold two chokes

If the alliance equivalent required you to walk on the fucking bridge, then that would make sense. But as it is you're quite a far distance and split. Not even close to comparable.

THe only way to stop anyone in that BG is with players, not NPC's with mild competency. Horde have a better map.

Maybe in 2004 with clickers that wasn't true. IDK wasn't there. But in 2019 it's all about the path you have to take to rush. And horde have two choices while alliance have 1. Making it much easier to defend with smaller numbers and weaker comms
    Last edited by Mukind; 2019-12-14 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Horde outnumbers people. Alliance outclasses them.
    By posting random bullshit on MMO-Champ when they win?

Good on ya guys. Classic WoW is set before 15 years of lok'tar ogaring and having a faction pride as the Alliance is not yet passé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah lets not make silly baiting threads.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)