Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Microsoft rolls back santa hat icon celebration on vscode

https://github.com/microsoft/vscode/issues/87268

Microsoft removed Santa Hat icon from vscode after some anti religion complaint. I am personally counter-culture and anti-religion but I think this can hurt multiculturism, I really dont like to force my opinion om religion people, whats your take on this?

The Santa Hat on vscode insiders and pushing of religion is very offensive to me, additionally xmas has cost millions of Jews their lives over the centuries, yet even if that was not the case, pushing religious symbols as part of a product update is completely unacceptable. Please remove it immediately and make it your top priority. To me this is almost equally offensive as a swastika.
    Do you want Santa Hat an offensive gesture?

So one person complained. And one person responded to that complaint and said they'd do what was asked. Seems like nothing was "forced" on anyone.

There is a 99% chance that this a usual suspect Fascist rat trying to drum up antisemitism. I never heard that any Jew had problems with Santa Claus….

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    So one person complained. And one person responded to that complaint and said they'd do what was asked. Seems like nothing was "forced" on anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    There is a 99% chance that this a usual suspect Fascist rat trying to drum up antisemitism. I never heard that any Jew had problems with Santa Claus….
    I agree with both of you, there should be no drama here, it was just some random individual on internet and we can never know the intension was. My apologies for over-dramatizing it.
    Last edited by Xjev; 2019-12-19 at 03:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems weird to characterize an image used to sell soft drinks as a "religious symbol".
    /s

Laughable is all, and no.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    This is absolutely the case. Making this thread is just giving the whole "issue" more attention than it deserves.

1. Santa isn't a religious symbol. Last I checked the modern iteration with that particular hat was invented by Coca-cola, which is not a religion (yet).

2. When did Christmas cost millions of jews their lives? o_O
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    https://github.com/microsoft/vscode/issues/87268

Microsoft removed Santa Hat icon from vscode after some anti religion complaint. I am personally counter-culture and anti-religion but I think this can hurt multiculturism, I really dont like to force my opinion om religion people, whats your take on this?

Do you want Santa Hat an offensive gesture?
    Your question validates the complainer's emotional immaturity.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not religious, despite the origins of santa being that of st. Nicholas, the symbol and image of Santa's become its own thing apart from the Christian side of the season.

He was being sarcastic when he said he'd take it down, right? SJWs (phoney or not) don't have this much power...

Apparently they replaced it with a snowflake.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Apparently they replaced it with a snowflake.
    Thats a bit ironic.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

"To me this is almost equally offensive as a swastika."

I mean it's a sants hat bruh.

Trying to figure out how Santa is anyway a religious symbol. He is a symbol to consumerism.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Wish we'd go back to the days of ignoring the village idiot... but thanks to the internet, and social media, these village idiots can band together to make their voices louder.

And for some reason people start listening and giving in...

It's a Santa Hat, not a Cross, it's more linked to commercialized celebration instead of it being religious...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2019-12-21 at 07:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    This crap baffles me. I work in an office with Muslims, Jews, Hindus, and various Christian sects. Never, EVER, have I experienced a work place incident over a holiday being celebrated. Hindus have a holiday? Everyone celebrates. Muslims have a holiday everyone respects it. etc etc etc. Wtf is the matter with these intolerant people. Get off my planet, please. I'll happily buy the ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trolls like that are why Faux News is convinced there's a War on Christmas
    Putin khuliyo

I can't take the statements as anything other than someone taking the piss entirely. "As bad as a swastika". "Xmas has cost millions of Jews their lives" I mean come on, if only :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    2. When did Christmas cost millions of jews their lives? o_O
    When the elves went on strike and Santa outsourced his labor to Germany in the 1940s.