Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Well, in BfA, the "hype" of playing the Beta lasted about an hour, which was mostly just "yay new content".
    Then you just hope for that magic build that finally fixes everything, puts fun stuff to play around in it, removes all the weird shit that people don't like.

Then (release) candidate hits the floor.
    Sure buddy, there were no hype, everyone was like "how this system will work 4 weeks into expansion" at level 110, this whole crowd begging for Alpha access was just my imagination ;D.

Same as usual. Regardless if an expansion is ultimately great (MoP) or terrible (WoD) the initial month of leveling + experiencing the dungeons and raids for the first time is always my favorite time in gaming. I have absolutely no doubt that at bare minimum I have that to look forward to, which is still exciting even after so many years.

As for the long term of Shadowlands, I expect to enjoy it similar to Legion and BfA. As long as M+ and raids aren't going away, there will be more than enough replayability to keep me interested for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    this whole crowd begging for Alpha access was just my imagination ;D.
    Yeah, you find people that beg for new content.
    That doesn't mean they will like said new content.

BfA was a disaster in the making, anybody who played Beta had a bad feeling about this expansion.

I actually never was so unhyped about an expansion as I am about Shadowlands. BfA came close in "does it really have to be this?" but since BfA was so bad I now not only have the problem that I dislike the theme of the next expansion, I also don't think Blizzard is able to deliver a good product at all

Might be the 1st wow expac I don't buy 1st day it is available.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Haven't been hyped for Blizzard games and WoW expansions for a while now.

Blizzard hasn't released anything extraordinary in years. It won't be different this time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    The cinematic was a wet shart, but there's enough potential in the content itself so long as the core gameplay loop doesn't make me want to staple my nipples together for the sake of breaking up the monotony.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

anyone ever get excited when they announce new factions... as the next rep grind?

"oh shit?! new FACTIONS FUCK YEAH..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Not hyped. Already dreading it from what we saw in the demo at Blizzcon. Expecting launch to be a pain in the arse due to everyone being funneled into a single zone.

I expect Shadowlands will top even the likes of BfA in how bad the lore will be. In a world where death means little, it's about to get a whole lot worse.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    less hyped than ever before, even less so than for BFA

7/10
    Mostly because level squish and additions to player customization.

Haven't actually seen much to get me hyped for the actual new content yet so I'm waiting it out.

About the same level as Legion. So not high at all. Much like WoD, BFA killed any hope I had for the game. Legion was enjoyable, but it still missed that something. They need to prove it for me to get any bit hopeful. So it needs to be better than Legion for me to be happy and I don't think they can do that anymore.

We've gotten 2 expansions full of meaningless grinds just to feel that you are on even level with everyone else. They say it's going away, but they've said many things in the past, which have turned out for the worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    More than BfA, legion, and WoD, since we're gaining abilities instead of losing them for the first time in 6 years.

No new class or specs => No hype. I would have even accepted reworks of one or more of the specs I used to enjoy, but I don't see that happening either. Sad that we are going to such a cool place in an era where Blizzard doesn't want to try anymore.

Hype is stagnant but as soon as we get new info, and datamines the fires gonna get lit right back up.

Does it really matter if we are hyped or not? We are all going to give Blizzard our money anyways.

Hyped for the neck grind thing to be done with and BFA to be over..

Didn't like the Legion theme but enjoyed the gameplay and liked the BfA theme but not the gameplay.

I'm hyped for everything different other that what WoW is now. I've never been a kind of "worst expansion ever" sayer as I always found at least some parts enjoyable, but BfA has been the expansion with the least time played so far.

A few things that made my willy hard and some things that put me off:

Good:
    - Some zones look quiet nice.
    - Class changes are always welcome, especially after the grugde of BfA. Although they need to come up with more to fix classes to a fun state in my opinion.
    - Geting to see familiar faces could lead to interesting moments.
    - A fresh lore concept we never really seen before.
    - Covenants etc if executed properly could be a wonderful thing.
    - New leveling system looks promising.

Bad:
    - A dreadful start of the expansion with Sylvanas, although I do understand why Blizzard would not use another Lich King/
    - Besides of some zones looking good, they have a mixed Korean MMO vibe over them, which doesn't fit Warcraft AT ALL.
    - Less features showcased so far as ever before.
    - The zones look incredibly small. If they turn out to be as small as the video and the map show, it's going to be a rough ride.
    - So many missed opportunities. No new class, no new race, no new big selling features, it looks like they really missed the mark here. Hopefully they have things on the sideline which were not ready to be shown at Blizzcon, otherwise I fear this might turn out to be a very bitter pill to swallow for Warcraft and it's fans.

Can't be hyped about a thing if they announce barely anything. There are no major news in regards to class design and work on classes is extremely important. The only news we got is, that we will get some abilities back that we once had. That is nothing new or great.

There aren't any new classes or races. We have four to five zones(if we count the Maw as its own zone) which is average and normal. The story is something completely new as there is not much info about the Shadowlands in the older lore. Looking at the incompetent hags that make up the story team of WoW i'm not excited at all. To the contrary.

The only good thing this new expansions seems to bring with it are more and new customization option. But that alone isn't enough to make me want to play the game. So i will really closely look at the alpha/beta, how Blizzard reacts and works with feedback and if they change things properly after constructive feedback. If they don't react to good feedback and delete all the feedback from the forums again, than i have everything i need to know. I certainly won't play at the start of the expansion because the expansion starts of WoD, Legion and BfA were all hot garbage. I prefer to keep my money and time and not waste it on trash. And if customization will be the only good and lasting thing i can get out of Shadowlands, i will buy the game after the last major patch, play it in its best possibly state without time gating and the least amount of money i have to pay. Thats the proper reward for a gaming company that pumps out bad games.
    Last edited by Reinhart11; 2019-12-30 at 10:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    they sell deathknight for allied races a a feature.

also for pandaren as far as i can tell.

they sell convinients as a feature, seems like reputation hub with polished models alá overwatch

if i predict it right the continent will be even smaller than legion and bfa format

there will be more zoning areas/quests/everything

there are skills that require reputation grind? is that correct?
    oh before i forgot, they sell levelquish and "returning to classes" as a feature

tldr: for me, the expansion was all about the presale for shadowlands, so whoever bought it, gj you just gave them money, so we can play another 3 f****** years of garbage content aká shitlands