Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    With Korrak's revenge being such a great way to level, I've leveled up a bunch of my alts to 120, but now I'm sitting with a bunch of max level characters with no profession skills, gear that's absolutely terrible, level 1 heart of azeroth, no war campaign followers, no rep, etc.

I know I can get BoA gear on my main using manapearls to at least gear them up a bit, but beyond that what do people do with their alts? Do you actively farm azerite/resources/rep with them?
    Only thing to do with your alts now - farm WOD transmogs/mounts. That's it. Game is extremely alt-unfriendly now. Too much grind, that isn't account-wide. Game is uncomfortable without full Benthic, full Mechagon rings and trinkets and fully leveled heart. Difference between my 410ilvl character with 65 heart and 380ilvl with 40 heart - is around 100k HP, i.e. +30%. And this is big difference. Alts just feel terribly weak in all kinds of content.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    This was me. I have one alt but I don't get the point of leveling a bunch of alts then asking what to do with them. Why level them if you don't have anything you want them to do?
    I did a lot with my alts from WotLK to WoD, but then with Legion I started to get a bit burnt out; just seemed like there was so much to do on my main I didn't want to go through and repeat it all on alts. I wasn't planning on leveling up alts again until Shadowlands to experience the new leveling structure, but Korrak's Revenge made leveling so easy I wanted to get my existing level 100-110 toons leveled up just in case I wanted to do anything with them in 8.3 or Shadowlands.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Leveled up 7 now I think through AV. Got 17 at 120 all together, thanks to AV and Island Expedition, where most I had at 110 from before. For AV I had some from 110, some from start for couple of heritage armors, and a couple for middle of nowhere.

3 of them I use for profession use only, daily stuff(but also those I actually play got the same stuff) Rest of them I have done the intro quest to Nazjatar, got every of them to 60+ and a couple of essences, rank 1-2, some got rank 3, so I do m+ and pugging raids on those. I usually choose a couple of my alts each week to do heroic EP, and one m+ for the weekly for most, if I can bother. That being said I don't play 14 chars regularly, I jump back and forth. Some is bad geared while some I focus on got good enough for heroic raid and higher m+.

One I just dinged 120 yesterday, and I will do the same on that. My Mag'har Orc Shaman with the awesome heritage, and I will have that as my Horde main for pugging Nyalotha and m+ in 8.3.

What do I do with my alts? Basically nothing... Levelled few for heritage armour, left them in the dust after obtaining it. Rest I mostly use for professions, and that's mostly pre-bfa stuff (drums, respec tomes, bags, goblin gliders, crafted mounts / pets / toys, etc.) I sometimes do the round of emissaries if it's the 2k gold one, with multiple alts you can earn some "free" gold, assuming there are quick quests to do (read: cherry pick kill 1 mob ones then join groups for them or tag the mob someone is already killing).

But yeah... way too much fuss to gear them up to the point they can do content, and tbh the content becomes obsolete too fast to bother. Maybe in 8.3 I'll gear them a bit more so they have decent start for levelling in shadowlands.

I don't really do much with them at all other than gearing to 400 and prepare them for in case I wanna play them in 8.3. I look at them more as a collection who are all different classes and races, with the exception of 2x blood elf because they can only be DH. I level allied races that I like from scratch for the heritage armor.

Playing around with other abilities, and animations on different character models, mostly.
    In practicality, I'm spending time leveling and gearing them all up casually.
    Making and collecting different transmog sets for all of them is good fun.

i've played 4 different characters this patch cycle, but only one at a time.

Use them for professions, mix things up when I want to play a different class for a bit. Although my main and alts are pretty much one and the same...I don't do any group content to speak of, so everyone is around 420 item level, with the neck at 65 give or take a level. Currently playing mage, warlock, paladin, shaman and rogue.

This expansion is so alt-unfriendly that I don't play them. I've always had two mains, I've always tried to do the same stuff with both of them, but this expansion I'm struggling to do so, the Azerite grind and now essences... I'm really considering benching of them as alt as well.

The real alts, haven't touched them.

I level them all to max in one of the last patches (When catchup mechanisms hit, this time Korraks Revenge).

Now I feel good for having every class at max level.

Then I totally ignore them until last patch of next expansion. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    With Korrak's revenge being such a great way to level, I've leveled up a bunch of my alts to 120, but now I'm sitting with a bunch of max level characters with no profession skills, gear that's absolutely terrible, level 1 heart of azeroth, no war campaign followers, no rep, etc.

I know I can get BoA gear on my main using manapearls to at least gear them up a bit, but beyond that what do people do with their alts? Do you actively farm azerite/resources/rep with them?
    I use them to do the 2000g Emissaries

3+ Year Old Account
    Nothing. They just sit there.

first i bring my selected main for the xpac (mostly its every xpac another class, last 2 xpacs it was shaman) to 120. gear up. raid. m+. essences. fully featured main.

since i am the type of player, that get bored by same class and class mechanics after a while, i normally bring, parallel while playing my main, around 4-5 alts to 120. and park em.

after a while (mostly around half the xpac) i get more bored of my main and take one of my alts and make it my new main. max em full out and play second half of xpac with it. often in the end phase of an xpac, when nothing more is to achieve, this happens a third time, but normally stops because of running out of time or transitions into new xpac and the selected class is my new main in the next xpac.

somewhere between that i bring the rest of 11 alts to 120 (i just have one of every class). and park em.

in older xpacs where playing alts on high level was waaaay easier cause of missing grind shit like essences and a trizillion warcampaign quests and whatever, i normally had 2 mains at the same time and 4-5 fully high equipped chars at the end of the xpac. but since the game design of new xpacs is so repetitive i stopped that and invest less time in wow.

my problem is simply that i get bored of class x after a while on one side, but get that „oh, i have such huge lust for class style/mechanics of class y“ strong feeling. so i always drift between a few mains and park rest of alts at 120 with updated professions. its the same every xpac (or vanilla) since 2005.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2019-12-30 at 05:38 PM.

Right now? they farm gold in the 2000g emissaries and farm mount/pet/toy/transmog collectibles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    To me it is enjoying levelling or a class / race fantasy. Often I don't even know if they will ever reach max level..or if they do in one x-pac. will they reach it in the next? And sometimes it comes out of the blue, after my paladin and hunter were 120, I levelled an Iron Dwarf from scratch to 120 and didn't look at the other 110 chars sitting there.

Just my reasons....your approach is definitely saner....
    oh, I get why people level them if they feel like you do. I just don't get people who level them to max, don't seem to feel that way (and sometimes don't seem to enjoy leveling period) and then go "OK, now what?". Granted, Korrak's is very quick XP so it's not a ton of time, but...

Raid/M+.

At least, on the alts I find fun or might use more.
    Currently I aim to get a +10 at least in on my warlock, paladin, shaman, warrior, hunter, and priest. My monk/DH/rogue go untouched, but the ones I listed are at least either at or near neck 65+, with their important essences for the most part.

All my alts are parked because I have no desire to grind essences and AP on them.

I'd rather level in classic where gear is the only thing you grind.

It's how stupid the game is, it's stopping me from playing it because I'm not interested in going back to farm essences.

Nothing now, too big of a pain in the ass to keep up with their stuff. Before I would do most of the things I did with my main, raid, mythic + and pvp. I am tired of jumping through the hoops of most of the repeated grindy content now, mixed with far less time to play and they just rot. Oh professions too, I would use them for that, which is also a waste now in almost all cases.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Sensing a theme here.....

The Essence thing is a huge blunder on Blizz's part, it seems.

On BFA I would run +11-12 and occasionally a raid on two for them to keep them somewhat geared. I never really bothered with getting rank 3 essences on them tho. Too much of a hassle for some of them. The rest were really just used for Sha kills and other bs.

On Classic I just raid log one of them and use the rest for $$$ and arcanite CDs.