Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

What do you do with your alts?

With Korrak's revenge being such a great way to level, I've leveled up a bunch of my alts to 120, but now I'm sitting with a bunch of max level characters with no profession skills, gear that's absolutely terrible, level 1 heart of azeroth, no war campaign followers, no rep, etc.

I know I can get BoA gear on my main using manapearls to at least gear them up a bit, but beyond that what do people do with their alts? Do you actively farm azerite/resources/rep with them?
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

15+ Year Old Account
    I leveled up 4 alts only for Mythic Anotorus runs :|
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Some of my alts are used for normal play - like WQ, M+.
    Some are used for Pandaria farm - Making Sky golems with Engineering and Transmutation Alchemy Master.
    Some are used for running old raids for transmog and money.

And some exist just because I enjoy leveling and achievement hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    With Korrak's revenge being such a great way to level, I've leveled up a bunch of my alts to 120, but now I'm sitting with a bunch of max level characters with no profession skills, gear that's absolutely terrible, level 1 heart of azeroth, no war campaign followers, no rep, etc.

I know I can get BoA gear on my main using manapearls to at least gear them up a bit, but beyond that what do people do with their alts? Do you actively farm azerite/resources/rep with them?
    I deck them out in benthic gear, open Nazjatar to get to the Magni quest to get my Heart to 35, open up Nazjatar world quests to let the alt help gear the next one.

Then I mostly do transmog stuff.

Multiboxed dancing on mailboxes.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Some alts are for RP purposes. I also use them for farming gold, mounts, pets, transmog etc. And of course for class specific content and playstyles.

In Legion, I did all 12 Order Hall questlines, 12 Balance of Power questlines, collected 35/36 Artifact hidden skins and ran Mage Tower challenges (36/36 and a total of 103).
    My hunters collect pets which I find interesting / fitting for them. Getting Gara in WoD was fun. In MoP, I was quite glad that I had a Warlock at max level so I could get the Green Fire questline done. In Shadowlands I will use my alts to collect appearances of the different covenants / armour types.

Mog mog mog, for me. I've unlocked a bunch of Heritage sets, and man, some of them are awesome.

It's been so much fun.

Right now I only use my alts for checking legion mission table for mark of honor mission...Before I used them to clear karazhan. Will soon again use them for lock out farming...1 boss run a week is all I bother. Oh I also use them for AH play, mostly just making few items.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Nothing atm, got a bunch of 110s from Legion collecting dust -- only started BfA again over a month ago... still got a lot to cover on just the one character!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    What alt?
    This was me. I have one alt but I don't get the point of leveling a bunch of alts then asking what to do with them. Why level them if you don't have anything you want them to do?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, some apparently raid and do mythic+ (or at least they want to but cannot because no account wide essences, which means grinding and questing for them) - so some folks take their alts quite seriously.

What do I do? Well, my "favourite" of every class I usually level through questing already in the first 6 months of an x-pac. Then I gear them for fun, usually trying to get the "epic" achievement.

Eventually I just shower them in Benthic (Yeah, I have a shitload) and just leave them.

You could quickly do the quest that boosts the HoA to 35. Also I dragged them eventually to Mechagon to camp Rust for the mount (which I now have)

But mostly they are there because I want every class at 120...and then I enjoy levelling other race / class combination because I like them. Guess you really need to figure it out for yourself (Oh...btw, I always give them mining / herbing so there is at least a bit of money to be made while levelling, obviously doesn't apply to you)

Current roster:

3 Paladins (120,120,38)
    4 Warriors ( 120, 120, 112, 33)
    2 Warlocks (120, 113)
    1 DK (120)
    2 DH (120, 120)
    2 Rogues (120, 112)
    2 Priests (120, 112)
    2 Hunters (120, 30)
    2 Mages (120, 48)
    2 Monks (120, 31)
    2 Druids (120, 86)
    2 Shamans (120, 32)

Yeah....you can't do much more than level and park them...and god help me what I will do when the true boredom of 10 months of 8.3 sets in ^^
    I like you sir. You are empty...just like me.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    This was me. I have one alt but I don't get the point of leveling a bunch of alts then asking what to do with them. Why level them if you don't have anything you want them to do?
    As a completionist it's pretty much required to have a lot of alts...

I`ve unlocked the world quests for Nazjatar so i can do the weekly world boss on my alts.
    Playing them regularly is more or less out of the question since i can`t be bothered farming essences all over again.

nothing since blizzard doesnt understand that Essences should be Account wide and not a Gating Mechanic. I wanna play the Game, i dont wanna farm 3-5 weeks before im able to play

Used to run dailies. Not so much any more.

I have 10 toons that are around ilvl 400 , including 3 are 415.
    4 toons are neglected, with no heart of azeroth, sitting around around 380, I dont play them , because i dont like the class, ( druid, rogue, monk priest)

Every one is gear with benthic, first thing I do is unlock Najjaztar at least, for a chance to roll good gear quick and easy.
    I had no time to waste in queue for LFG
    On my day off, I plays like 45/60 minutes then stop, then another 45 min, so on

I think I'm done with leveling, maybe my Golblin for the heritage.
    but for the rest I just run Hellfire citadel mythic for the mount, the more I can, I can't wait to get that shit so I can start playing this game again

10+ Year Old Account
    Level them, gear them up for whatever patch I leveled them in, then leave them to collect dust until next expansion.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Since essences were introduced i nearly stopped playing all my alts. I do the weekly 10+ keys with them and then log out. I also stopped raiding with them which i allways enjoyed.

Well, some apparently raid and do mythic+ (or at least they want to but cannot because no account wide essences, which means grinding and questing for them) - so some folks take their alts quite seriously.

What do I do? Well, my "favourite" of every class I usually level through questing already in the first 6 months of an x-pac. Then I gear them for fun, usually trying to get the "epic" achievement.

Eventually I just shower them in Benthic (Yeah, I have a shitload) and just leave them.

You could quickly do the quest that boosts the HoA to 35. Also I dragged them eventually to Mechagon to camp Rust for the mount (which I now have)

But mostly they are there because I want every class at 120...and then I enjoy levelling other race / class combination because I like them. Guess you really need to figure it out for yourself (Oh...btw, I always give them mining / herbing so there is at least a bit of money to be made while levelling, obviously doesn't apply to you)

Current roster:

3 Paladins (120,120,38)
    4 Warriors ( 120, 120, 112, 33)
    2 Warlocks (120, 113)
    1 DK (120)
    2 DH (120, 120)
    2 Rogues (120, 112)
    2 Priests (120, 112)
    2 Hunters (120, 30)
    2 Mages (120, 48)
    2 Monks (120, 31)
    2 Druids (120, 86)
    2 Shamans (120, 32)

Yeah....you can't do much more than level and park them...and god help me what I will do when the true boredom of 10 months of 8.3 sets in ^^
    Damn, and I thought I was an alt-holic!

I have seen people here with amounts of alts that reduces us both to tears.... (then again, I also have 33k posts to show for my empty life)
    33k posts? What a loser!

*Looks at his post count*

I am 1/3 the loser!