Poll: Which is better, 8.3 or 7.3?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7.3 wasn't memorable enough for me to judge, and 8.3 isn't very exciting either, so I guess neither.

I think your poll options are well done, good job OP!
    Last edited by Venarissa; 2021-01-17 at 06:01 PM.

8.3 without a doubt

Mostly because of the comparison between the Raids. I'm way more excited to visit Ny'alotha.

Vulpera are a bonus too.

8.3 but only for the raid and m+ change

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    MeChAgOn Is BeInG sPliT iNtO tWo PaRtS!!111!11
    I know there's a hidden "/s" there, but wasn't Return to Karazhan split in 7.3 too? So even if someone took it seriously, it's a non-argument really.

15+ Year Old Account
    8.3 hands down.
    Seems like alot of fun to me

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    I know there's a hidden "/s" there, but wasn't Return to Karazhan split in 7.3 too? So even if someone took it seriously, it's a non-argument really.
    Yeah, It's making fun at the shills that continue to defend Activision. Oh well, not much more of them left anyway!

7.3 - but that turned out to be prrreeettttty bland.
    Maybe 8.3 will go the opposite way.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I see this a lot from people and I always think the same thing: how on earth were we going to fight a guy that can split a planet like a watermelon with his asteroid-sized sword? Fly up his nose with gnomish jetpacks and dps his brain cells?
    Well, technically we're doing something very similar with Tentacle Boi, if I'm not mistaken

Anyway, I'd have gladly exchanged Mechagon and that obnoxious fish bowl for a proper N'yalotha, it being just a raid (no matter how good) is quite lame imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Incredibly excited for 8.3 adds a lot of content (Allied AR, Allied DKs, new raid, new m+ season, horrific visions) and the corruption system makes itemization interesting. Also no more titanforging/warforging (while pretty koo when it happens) means people will have to work their way up to difficulties rather than be lucky on RNG (or pay gold for carries ).

8.3 feels more exciting than 7.3 since going to Argus was a cool idea but executed poorly and I was very tired of the Fel/Legion aesthetic even since Legion launch. More Void/Old God stuff is a great aesthetic.

The only real excitement in 7.3 was being able to buy Unstable Arcanocrystal...8.3 is adding an entirely new system via Corruption while 7.3 only brought the Crucible bonuses if i recall? M+ was also same ol same ol through all of legion while in BFA we have had VERY diverse seasons of both aesthethics and strategy. I mean just looking at Tol Dagor is pretty fucking sick looking.

As soon as I found out you couldn't fly on Argus I hated it

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say my excitement level for 8.3 is about the same as I had with 7.3 which was like looking forward to it but not jumping in my chair excited. That's how it is with pretty much any new WoW content anymore.

I think the last time I was actually excited was probably when MoP was coming out. I played the beta and I remember being excited to play a pandaren monk, had my name reserved and everything.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2020-01-14 at 03:29 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    I'd say my excitement level for 8.3 is about the same as I had with 7.3 which was like looking forward to it but not jumping in my chair excited. That's how it is with pretty much any new WoW content anymore.

I think the last time I was actually excited was probably when MoP was coming out. I played the beta and I remember being excited to play a pandaren monk, had my name reserved and everything.
    If i compare the two, now a few days after playing 8.3, I would say 7.3 has had a much bigger impact, I couldn't put 7.3 down, and it was massive big up from 7.2 imo, I enjoyed lots of aspects, some became annoying after a while, but sadly 8.3 hasn't got me particularly motivated to keep going. good news for my life though, it means less time on wow.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    There was Seat of the Triumvirate though so it's not like that makes much of a difference. It's sad that they went back on adding new dungeons in a way.
    Legion had Return to Karazhan, and Seat/Cathedral.
    BfA only had Operation:Mechagon.

So I give the edge to 7.3 honestly. It was also a time in WoW that there was less drama I had to deal with and looked forward more to playing at the time so that gives a bit of bias though.

Argus should have been an expansion, they fking ruined it, i quit wow 1 month after 7.3 and i came back 1 month ago to play vanilla but im playing bfa aswell and atm im enjoying it

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    There was Seat of the Triumvirate though so it's not like that makes much of a difference. It's sad that they went back on adding new dungeons in a way.
    Legion had Return to Karazhan, and Seat/Cathedral.
    BfA only had Operation:Mechagon.

So I give the edge to 7.3 honestly. It was also a time in WoW that there was less drama I had to deal with and looked forward more to playing at the time so that gives a bit of bias though.
    Probably a cut in content to save money with the reduced staff etc. The thing is, the legion approach worked very well, doin g the .5 patches to tie in that extra bit of content and stuff to do while waiting for the new expansion, it worked well, I bet legion subs overall didn't drop anywhere near as much as subs in prior expasnions at the same stage because of that extra effort.

Yes, no dungeon in 8.3 is sad, i remember both 7.2 and 7,3 got dungeons.

Argus just didn't intrigue me that much since it felt so similar to the broken shore. By comparison I am extremely hyped for nyalotha, though I wish we had gotten just a bit more content to go with it.

7.3 Without a doubt. Like, it doesn't even compare. Not only Legion story-wise was much better than BfA, so I personally was much more hyped to see how the storyline would end, but 7.3 just had so many major things in it. The final fight against the Legion on Argus, the ultimate showdown with Sargeras, the subplot with the Void and L'ura, the return of Alleria and Turalyon, two of the most iconic OG characters. N'Zoth was a long-anticipated enemy, but he just doesn't compare with 7.3.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Brand new zones vs rehashed content... you tell me!

I made some serious bank in 7.3 with class order hall missions. Actually made me get all my alts up to max level to take full advantage of it. Made so much gold I'll never have to pay for another sub or Blizzard game every again.

Meanwhile now, it doesn't really feel like there's much point to even logging in. Dailies seem pointless given their small reward. Once my guild clears the raid I can likely just unsub and feel like I'm not missing anything until the next expansion.