Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    id say bfa/legion came out with a fine amount of polish they just suffered from poor design choices.
    BfA was anything but polished. It was a bug ridden mess.

Fucking hell people have short memories.

Azerite Armor was tested for 2-3 weeks before launch.

Styil thread: Is Blizzard fucking retarded for releasing their game too early?

Also Styil thread: Is Blizzard fucking retarded for not releasing their game too early?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    No, because the two games are vastly different. Cyberbunk is essentially a standalone game (excluding DLC's, etc) and would need to be polished at first. WoW is fine if it doesn't as it has patch cycles where it can refine anything that might need polished.

You are basically comparing apples to oranges in this scenario.
    So you're fine with basically Beta testing and expansion and it finally being half decent in it's last patch? .3.5?

How about we just get a SOLID, well tested and well thought out game at the launch of the expansion. Then they can use the patch cycle to add and expand the content. Instead of using the patch cycle to fix all their poorly thought out ideas that they didn't test and didn't listen to feedback on?

Fucks sake.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    So you're fine with basically Beta testing and expansion and it finally being half decent in it's last patch? .3.5?

How about we just get a SOLID, well tested and well thought out game at the launch of the expansion. Then they can use the patch cycle to add and expand the content. Instead of using the patch cycle to fix all their poorly thought out ideas that they didn't test and didn't listen to feedback on?

Fucks sake.
    I like how you pull that out of the air. I just said they have patch cycles. Secondly that logic won't work. The final patch of every expansion will always be the best. The reason is due to having all the content there, catch up mechanics, things tweaked over time. What you are wanting is basically the entire expansion to launch and then we spend the next 1-2 years with that while we work on the next expansion.

X.3.5 patches will always be better and the most polished. Doesn't mean we need it at launch.

You're one of them. BfA wasn't all that bad as far as bugs go. I still remember when people were happy the game would start on patch day.

Quote Originally Posted by Omalley907 View Post
    Anthem dev's said the same thing. We all know how that turned out.
    Anthem devs literally didn't even have a game let alone a core gameplay loop when they showed their gameplay trailer at E3.. I think an RPG of any kind, be it MMO or proper SP, will have that over some experimental lootershooter.

As for WoW, frankly I'm so disconnected from WoW atm, I'd actually take them just releasing shit when it's properly done and ignoring subs in the mean-time (like FFXIV) over pushing shit and unfun stuff out of the door to meet the next earnings call.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-01-17 at 01:09 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Cyberpunk 2077's announced release date
    Shadowlands doesn't have a release date, despite what responses to this post may suggest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am i living in an alternate universe where everyone forgets how basically every single expansion came out relatively buggy? Does everyone suddenly forget all the problems Vanilla had back when it came out? Polish is just about finishing stuff up, not changing entire ideas, so that has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You're one of them. BfA wasn't all that bad as far as bugs go. I still remember when people were happy the game would start on patch day.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comme..._of_warcrafts/

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ms_megathread/

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._quality_that/

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/07/bl...d-up-the-game/

Short memory or just trying to rewrite history as per usual?

Want me to link more?

10+ Year Old Account
    Precedent.
    I mean BFA was pretty polished by release, they just went with shitty system designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    lol "wasn't that bad as far as bugs go"... lol... is this for real?

10+ Year Old Account
    Cyberpunk 2077's announced release date has been pushed back by 5 months to September 2020, with the main reasons cited including a need to improve the quality and polish of the game. I applaud the devs there for taking a stand and not choosing to release a subpar product just for the sake of appeasing shareholders.

Should the WoW developers follow suit and take the time to polish Shadowlands before releasing it? Instead of the WoW developers being hellbent on releasing yet another rushed expansion just to meet shareholder timelines. I think the devs need to stand up and take their time by following these industry leaders and pioneers with a focus on quality and polish. Blizzard seems to have forgotten these terms as of late.

This is the only way to really revive this franchise, not with exclusive 6 month subscription gimmicks and metrics focused design.
    I believe firmly that all these armchair devs and game company execs need to form their own company and show Blizzard how a real game company does things.

then with all their billions buy Blizzard and tell them how to do it when you own them.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I like how you pull that out of the air. I just said they have patch cycles. Secondly that logic won't work. The final patch of every expansion will always be the best. The reason is due to having all the content there, catch up mechanics, things tweaked over time. What you are wanting is basically the entire expansion to launch and then we spend the next 1-2 years with that while we work on the next expansion.

X.3.5 patches will always be better and the most polished. Doesn't mean we need it at launch.
    Yeah nah.

I'd rather have fully tested systems where they iterate and listen to feedback during a Beta cycle. Instead of them ignoring all the feedback and implementing the changes and fixes players told them about in .1, .1.5 and .2 patches.

This happened both during Legion and BfA. But BfA was definitely worse.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

I can only speak from my personal experience but for me it had way way less bugs then any other expan launch with nothing like getting stuck on the copters in mop or not being able to make garrisons in wod or just generally being unstable like most expans.

Legion was a fine expac in 7.3.5. 2 years after it's release.
    If they couldn't polish Legion which literally got a 1/3rd of WoD's development time, then you are simply never getting a polish expansion and the premise of this thread is pointless.

YES. Legion and especially BfA were unplayable at release, with many bugs and newly implemented systems needed heavy tweaking. Remember Beta for Azeroth? Some classes were unfinished and the devs even acknowledged it. So yeah, please, take your time blizz!

Cyberpunk 2077's announced release date has been pushed back by 5 months to September 2020, with the main reasons cited including a need to improve the quality and polish of the game. I applaud the devs there for taking a stand and not choosing to release a subpar product just for the sake of appeasing shareholders.

Should the WoW developers follow suit and take the time to polish Shadowlands before releasing it? Instead of the WoW developers being hellbent on releasing yet another rushed expansion just to meet shareholder timelines. I think the devs need to stand up and take their time by following these industry leaders and pioneers with a focus on quality and polish. Blizzard seems to have forgotten these terms as of late.

This is the only way to really revive this franchise, not with exclusive 6 month subscription gimmicks and metrics focused design.
    is there even a release date for it yet? Beyond 2020? We don't even have an alpha yet. So how you can seriously ask if a game that doesn't have a release date should have that release date that doesn't yet exist pushed back is mindboggling. Really and truly mindboggling.

And it really doesn't matter, because even if they did push it back, you'll just be back here when that amount of time is over asking the same question anyway, because that's just the kind of person you are. They could release it in 2193 and you'd still be "DURRRRR too rushed push back DURRRRR".
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I can only speak from my personal experience but for me it had way way less bugs then any other expan launch with nothing like getting stuck on the copters in mop or not being able to make garrisons in wod or just generally being unstable like most expans.
    I mean all you have to do is a quick google search and you'll realize that your "personal" experience does not align with the state of the game at launch. Surely you can just accept that instead of blinding defending like usual.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean all you have to do is a quick google search and you'll realize that your "personal" experience does not align with the state of the game at launch. Surely you can just accept that instead of blinding defending like usual.
    a quick google is meaningless when it comes to comparing it to old expans. so unless your gonna go compile all the issues of every expan on there launches I think ill stick with my actual experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    lol "wasn't that bad as far as bugs go"... lol... is this for real?
    Yes. As i said, i remember the time where just being able to play at all was good, and that was just on normal patches. I also remember being stuck on a copter in MoP and having to repeatedly run back and forth at the garrison entrance to get a slot on the instance server, and the latter wasn't even a bug, just instance servers being wholly unprepared for every single player needing an instanced area at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    YES. Legion and especially BfA were unplayable at release, with many bugs and newly implemented systems needed heavy tweaking. Remember Beta for Azeroth? Some classes were unfinished and the devs even acknowledged it. So yeah, please, take your time blizz!
    Not even close. They certainly weren't perfect, but nowhere near unplayable. We've had times where the game was literally unplayable because Blizzard couldn't get the servers to run, or because everybody was stuck behind a bottleneck you had to go through to do anything of notice.

Anybody who thinks Legion and BfA were bad has either forgotten or not experienced the real gamebreakers that actually did what their name implies.