Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Until then we are effectively fighting this with leeches for how good the masks we have access to are.
    https://www.discovermagazine.com/hea...for-face-masks

Silk masks are shown to be effective for use by the general public, and that's not even the ones with the additional layer for the insert.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/8288170...sk-with-insert

Cost's $15 USD + shipping.

You're decrying an x-ray as witchcraft, here, if we're to continue your analogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well let's meet in the middle. They start supplying rated masks and I will start wearing them. Until then we are effectively fighting this with leeches for how good the masks we have access to are.
    Lol, this isn't remotely about how effective the masks are.

If it were about effectiveness then what you would be supporting is the most effective prevention method - social distancing, i.e. paying people to stay home. But let's see your response to that;

Yes I have no desire to fund people staying home.
    Oh, right. Sociopathy as usual.

Just admit you don't see COVID as an issue because you're not speaking from an educated place or conscionable ethical stance, aight?
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-12-08 at 08:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I would blame pushing unrated ineffective masks on people giving those who are at risk a false sense of protection with what is akin to a placebo but hey whatever floats your boat.
    Thank you for letting the rest of the forum know about your ASTOUNDING IGNORANCE about fucking masks and how everything works. PLEASE do not EVER post anything about shit you don't know fuck all about.

Well let's meet in the middle. They start supplying rated masks and I will start wearing them. Until then we are effectively fighting this with leeches for how good the masks we have access to are.

real entertainment, not what you are doing.

Now that I think about it, those arguing against WAP might be doing it cause they are pro ED? That's some serious masochism, in which case, being anti mask is a kink that I have no issue shaming.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-12-08 at 10:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    See that is kind of why I don't get the push for them. If they were rated to I would at least understand it.
    Nothing is 100% except complete and total isolation, which isn't feasible. Masks, distancing, hand washing, limited capacity, limiting exposure, even tests combined equal effective protection and prevention.

Masks do not 100% protect you from the virus. Hell vaccines don't either. What masks do is filter out the viral load that might enter your body. Handmade masks are good for about 50% filtration. Between than nothing. Surgical masks about 80 depending on how well they fit. K95 N95s and other international variants filter out 95% or more particles from entering your body. 95%. It's not 100 but it could extend the before you're considered 'exposed' if you happen to be around someone with COVID19. In other cases it will greatly reduced reduce the amount of load if get if infected - very important. The difference between no symptoms and being hospitalized. Think of it this way, a seat belt doesn't 100% injury in a accident, not do airbags, a rollcage, or crumbling body. All of them do increase your chances of not sustaining serious injury. Same thing with COVID19 precautions.

The reason measures 'don’t work' is because a lot of people simply aren't following them or they aren't being enforced. Nothing how US cases always explode right on schedule after a holiday when people ignore precautions. It's not the precautions that are failing, it's the people. Also take notice to places that follow precautions and have very Lowe if any cases. Hey, and the sacrifice they made with their economy is started to look favorable.

Forgot that mask straight up keep COVID19 from being airborne (cloth masks, N95s, as long as as strong as a decent cotton shirt) . And don't say "well I don't have COVID19 so I don't need a mask". Tests cannot detect incubating COVID. So people get tests immediately after potential exposure, get their test back a day or two later (or 30 min but rapid tests are almost useless unless you have symptoms). They then become contagious after they test negative, walking around without a masks with the assumption they are negative. That's how COVID spreads freely. If you've put two and two together you see that it's better to just assume you might have it and mask up unless you're actually following 10-14 day isolation. Even then just wear a mask.

Pretending the threat isn't there is not handling it. While you can't control anyone but yourself, can go do things to not add to the situation or welcome it.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-12-08 at 10:07 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    I would blame pushing unrated ineffective masks on people giving those who are at risk a false sense of protection with what is akin to a placebo but hey whatever floats your boat.
    Like OJ? Still waiting for you to commit to a card to defer any covid treatment and pay for those you infect. I thought it was about personal responsibility?

- - - Updated - - -

No other way to put it. You’re an ignorant fool. Others have provided you with the research that masks of pretty much any type work in the short interactions that people should be having now.

Stop posting until you’re not ignorant any more.

OJ won’t make you smarter or save you from COVID.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    What about OJ Mahomes?

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Like OJ? Still waiting for you to commit to a card to defer any covid treatment and pay for those you infect. I thought it was about personal responsibility?

- - - Updated - - -

No other way to put it. You’re an ignorant fool. Others have provided you with the research that masks of pretty much any type work in the short interactions that people should be having now.

What are you waiting for exactly I spelled out I won't take responsibility for other people's health just how clear of a rebuke do you want?

Now we are weirdly proclaiming masks work while accepting they don't. I am starting to think people simply want the feeling they are/can do something. People should simply be drawing on their personal savings.

What are you waiting for exactly I spelled out I won't take responsibility for other people's health.
    And yet you are willing to risk infecting others with no precautions.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And yet you are willing to risk infecting others with no precautions.
    It's on them if they are at risk. I'm not going to be an ass and just walk up coughing on people but I'm also not willing to go out of my way either.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's on them if they are at risk. I'm not going to be an ass and just walk up coughing on people but I'm also not willing to go out of my way either.
    Also called "being an ass", because 'going out of your way' in this case involves at most slight personal inconvenience.

Or, in other words, you're failing the Shopping Cart test.

It's odd how the people that bang on about personal responsibility constantly demonstrate they have not a whit of it.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

- - - Updated - - -

And name calling wont convince people to wear masks or anything to do with actively preventing risky behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    And name calling wont convince people to wear masks or anything to do with actively preventing risky behavior.
    Neither will rational arguments, but calling out clownery certainly makes us feel a lot better about having to be stuck in the same communities with them.

Y'all really need to recognise that some people deliberately operate in bad faith and no level of tone policing the folks calling them out will actually inspire a come to Jesus moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Neither will rational arguments, but calling out clownery certainly makes us feel a lot better about having to be stuck in the same communities with them.

Y'all really need to recognise that some people deliberately operate in bad faith and no level of tone policing the folks calling them out will actually inspire a come to Jesus moment.
    Yeah that's you, condensed in one post.
    All about your sour need to feel better about yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yeah that's you, condensed in one post.
    All about your sour need to feel better about yourself.
    Why would I need to feel better about myself? I'm not one of the folks in this thread whose masculinity is being challenged by being asked to wear a piece of fabric over my face, lol.

Y'all confuse dissatisfaction with the state of affairs in society as being a function of personal insecurity in a way that really isn't charming outside Reddit circles.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Or, in other words, you're failing the Shopping Cart test.
    Having formerly spent years of my youth rounding up shopping carts at my local grocery store, I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one that uses this test. I'm blown away by the difficulty this task presents each and every time I go to the store and see all the shopping carts in empty parking spots or hastily thrown into plants so they wouldn't roll away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Having formerly spent years of my youth rounding up shopping carts at my local grocery store, I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one that uses this test. I'm blown away by the difficulty this task presents each and every time I go to the store and see all the shopping carts in empty parking spots or hastily thrown into plants so they wouldn't roll away.
    You'd be surprised at how generally applicable the Shopping Cart test is as an ethical standard.

Like in this case with masks; it's minimally inconvenient but people still refuse to do it because despite crowing about personal responsibility they demonstrate through their actions they will fob responsibility off onto others at the first chance they get.

Animals and children have an easier time being coached to do the right thing.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-12-08 at 05:19 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    What are you waiting for exactly I spelled out I won't take responsibility for other people's health just how clear of a rebuke do you want?

Now we are weirdly proclaiming masks work while accepting they don't. I am starting to think people simply want the feeling they are/can do something. People should simply be drawing on their personal savings.
    By going out, you are affecting others’ health.

Are you going to decline any covid treatment because you can’t be bothered to meet minimal safety requests? If other people getting covid is their fault, you getting COVID is your fault.

Are you going to decline treatment, and leave your space in the icu for someone who was actually responsible?

I think I see the issue: you have a narcissistic disorder in which you believe other people dont exist, and therefore they are meaningless.

By going out, you are affecting others’ health.

Are you going to decline any covid treatment because you can’t be bothered to meet minimal safety requests? If other people getting covid is their fault, you getting COVID is your fault.

Are you going to decline treatment, and leave your space in the icu for someone who was actually responsible?

I think I see the issue: you have a narcissistic disorder in which you believe other people dont exist, and therefore they are meaningless.
    Yes,yes it is I've said that multiple times in posts directly responding to you

You just keep repeating the question as through you cant comprehend why someone who is young healthy and in shape isn't terrified of a virus that is extremely unlikely to even be noticed if contracted.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes,yes it is I've said that multiple times in posts directly responding to you

You just keep repeating the question as through you cant comprehend why someone who is young healthy and in shape isn't terrified of a virus that is extremely unlikely to even be noticed if contracted.
    Great, be sure to remember that. No covid treatment t for you.

Too bad reality disagrees with you.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-f...g-coronavirus/

I assume you don’t wear a seatbelt, look both ways before you cross the street, use a conform, wash your hands, or anything else?