• Garden variety Republicans
    • Fox News Additcts
    • A few Hoteps
    • Jill Stein voters
    • BernieBro at 12:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    WTF did I just watch?
    Uff it's difficult to take a pick. There's extensive talent here.

But if I'm forced to choose my nomination goes for:

"Clinton wants to break the glass sky of this flat earth (read the genesis)...she said that in a rally."

Yeah,my vote for the XVIII "It's a big achievement your brain is enough to breath and walk at the same time" Award goes for him.

California hit the CDC moderate community transmission level again on Monday. The previous four or five times the community transmission level would bounce back to substantial on Tuesday. This time it looks like it will stick. It actually went down from 35.7 on Monday to 34.4 on Tuesday. Reff for every single regions in CA range between 0.7 to 0.75. Cases are still dropping throughout California. Hopefully, we won't have a repeat of last year winter surge. Although I think the coastal regions will be fine. The biggest concern is with the San Joaquin Valley and Northern California regions.

Go CA! I'm fairly skeptical of some of those orange states...like Florida...but hey, at least I'm glad that CA is doing well despite the northeast and central valley doing their best to try to drag us back to the red zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Go CA! I'm fairly skeptical of some of those orange states...like Florida...but hey, at least I'm glad that CA is doing well despite the northeast and central valley doing their best to try to drag us back to the red zone.
    Here is the crazy part. Good ole regularly maligned Puerto Rico is the most vaccinated region in the US. It’s not a wealthy place and not even a state, but apparently there is more trust and less political polarization when it comes to public health on the island. The case numbers reflect that also.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly skeptical of some of those orange states...like Florida...
    Well, Florida has an awful lot of fresh natural immunity...

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Here is the crazy part. Good ole regularly maligned Puerto Rico is the most vaccinated region in the US. It’s not a wealthy place and not even a state, but apparently there is more trust and less political polarization when it comes to public health on the island. The case numbers reflect that also.
    Which is wild, because IIRC there were huge political issues not too long ago with local leaders. I've been wondering if their #'s were a bit off due to poor reporting etc. resulting from them still recovering from hurricanes etc. Good to hear/read that it's not that, but more that they're just actually getting their fuckin shots.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Guam is third, behind Vermont.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

And Guam is third, behind Vermont.
    For some reason Guam has a very high community transmission rate of 431.3 per CDC. Maybe the military?

Right now California (34.4), Puerto Rico (25.4) and Northern Mariana Island (31) are the only US regions in the moderate level.

This is interesting. According to CDC Nationwide Commercial Laboratory Seroprevalence Survey, as of July 2021, an estimated 75.3% of PR population had been infected by Covid. That in combination with high vaccination rate explain a lot about PR current low case rate.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2021-10-19 at 06:35 PM.

Strange i guess those numbers are a little behind because CT crossed over the 80% mark last week.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Strange i guess those numbers are a little behind because CT crossed over the 80% mark last week.
    Maybe in people 12+, but not overall vaccination rate for all people, which is at 69.9%.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

https://www.tampabay.com/news/nation...ccine-mandate/

Bongino is vaccinated because he has Hodgkin lymphoma but is protesting the mandate on behalf of other employees who don’t want to get vaccinated.
    Man...vaccinated because he's at high risk if he gets covid? Almost like...vaccines fuckin work and protect you?

I'm not surprised he's "protesting" on behalf of his employees, but I don't believe for a second he'll actually quit for them.

Just a reminder: Most of the people "questioning" the vaccine, telling others not to get it etc. etc. are all vaccinated. Because they're banking on their listeners/viewers being dumber than they are.

Maybe in people 12+, but not overall vaccination rate for all people, which is at 69.9%.
    According to the report and site CT is at 77.7% v 80.5%. But total population is lower and total 12+ is higher according to official CT resources.

2nd they state In Puerto Rico, 2,571,926 people (80.5%), but that's not 80.5% of the total population. 2021 census release says the population is 3.3 million. Other sources have it 2.7-2.9m.

Seems like they are all over the place and then using unofficial population totals to get to 80% in PR

CT is not the only state with differences with this report the other three just don't jive up.

Its great that PR is keeping up with these "rich" new England states though. Have to give them props for not being a third world country like Florida' or some of those other southern states
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    According to the report and site CT is at 77.7% v 80.5%. But total population is lower and total 12+ is higher according to official CT resources.

2nd they state In Puerto Rico, 2,571,926 people (80.5%), but that's not 80.5% of the total population. 2021 census release says the population is 3.3 million. Other sources have it 2.7-2.9m.

Seems like they are all over the place and then using unofficial population totals to get to 80% in PR

CT is not the only state with differences with this report the other three just don't jive up.

Its great that PR is keeping up with these "rich" new England states though. Have to give them props for not being a third world country like Florida' or some of those other southern states
    Connecticut has 2,375,355 fully vaccinated out of 3,605,944 population, which is 65.87%. They have 2,567,475 (71.20%) with one dose.

Puerto Rico has 2,306,058 fully vaccinated out of 3,285,874 population, which is 70.18%. They have 2,578,407 (78.47%) with one dose.

Rates for both will be higher if you use 12+ instead of all-population. Connecticut has about 564k under 12, which changes those numbers to roughly 78.1% and 84.4%. For Puerto Rico, it's about 399k under 12, which changes their numbers to roughly 79.9% and 89.3%.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Back to substantial at 60.7. Oh well. Maybe next week.

On the bright side, Marin, San Mateo, Alameda and Monterey are at moderate. San Francisco is 50.82. So only 0.83 from moderate. Santa Cruz is 50.88.

Every time somebody said Alameda, I thought about the first Star Trek movie.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2021-10-19 at 10:25 PM.

Connecticut has 2,375,355 fully vaccinated out of 3,605,944 population, which is 65.87%. They have 2,567,475 (71.20%) with one dose.

Puerto Rico has 2,306,058 fully vaccinated out of 3,285,874 population, which is 70.18%. They have 2,578,407 (78.47%) with one dose.

Rates for both will be higher if you use 12+ instead of all-population. Connecticut has about 564k under 12, which changes those numbers to roughly 78.1% and 84.4%. For Puerto Rico, it's about 399k under 12, which changes their numbers to roughly 79.9% and 89.3%.

This was the release on OCT 15, 2021 AT 3:51 PM

Connecticut on Friday became the first U.S. state with 80% of residents age 12 and older fully vaccinated against COVID-19, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, marking a milestone in the state’s fight against the disease.

As of Friday, 77.6% of all Connecticut residents and 89% of those 12 and older had received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose, while 69.8% of all residents and 80.1% of those 12 and older were fully vaccinated, according to the CDC.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

https://www.tampabay.com/news/nation...ccine-mandate/

Man...vaccinated because he's at high risk if he gets covid? Almost like...vaccines fuckin work and protect you?

I'm not surprised he's "protesting" on behalf of his employees, but I don't believe for a second he'll actually quit for them.

Just a reminder: Most of the people "questioning" the vaccine, telling others not to get it etc. etc. are all vaccinated. Because they're banking on their listeners/viewers being dumber than they are.
    I don't know how people like him live with themselves. They know vaccine mandate is the right approach to safe lives. Hell, he probably already had his booster shot before it was even approved by the FDA. Yet, in the name of financial gain, those far right radio shock jocks would create doubts about the efficacy of the vaccine. Not even Howard Stern would stoop that low.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was the release on OCT 15, 2021 AT 3:51 PM

Connecticut on Friday became the first U.S. state with 80% of residents age 12 and older fully vaccinated against COVID-19, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, marking a milestone in the state’s fight against the disease.

As of Friday, 77.6% of all Connecticut residents and 89% of those 12 and older had received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose, while 69.8% of all residents and 80.1% of those 12 and older were fully vaccinated, according to the CDC.
    The CDC numbers do not line up with the numbers directly from the CT government website. Additionally, I overestimated the number of under 12 in CT; it's more like 469k, rather than 564k, which actually dilutes the 12+ numbers even more, to 75.7% and 81.8%.

I have no idea why the CDC is "gifting" the Connecticut numbers with 120k-210k vaccinations, especially considering that the CT numbers include 68k "residents out of state". Maybe shittons of people are driving into CT from other states to get dosed and the CDC is including those numbers (even though they shouldn't be).

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The state in Australia that I live in just announced mandatory vaccines for what amounts to around 75% of the workforce. There will be a few that will complain but most will have already gotten at least their first shot.

One of the other states had announced mandatory vaccines for some jobs and someone took them to court over it, only to loose. The judge ruled that mandatory vaccines were not involuntary vaccines. You aren't being forced to take them. If you don't want them just quit your job - and have trouble finding a new one.