Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Yes, I recall writing that number in the post you quoted, I even compared it to the population of Lithuania.

The about 1% is based on data from S. Korea (which based on their excessive testing should be reliable), and from Report 4 from Imperial College; and you will see it quoted in serious news articles.
    They had an aggressive approach. 1% with good planning and limiting spread to the most vulnerable. But what if a country doesn’t do that? Like say the USA. We wouldn’t see 1%

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I'm in Cleveland, OH, it's not too bad here. We had 6 confirmed cases in the county and 13 statewide. Will probably get worse but thankfully we have the Cleveland Clinic which has just started testing people. All of our major events have been cancelled, no sports, no political rallies, and nothing else really. All the kids have off of school which IMO is probably a good idea even though there will be some consequences. Outside of the morons that still don't try to cover up when they cough, it has not been too bad though, definitely see lots of people washing/sanitizing themselves, people wearing face masks, it's pretty much the only thing our news covers this point so public awareness is definitely out there. No doubt the situation will get worse but hopefully not too crazy thanks to some of the precautions.
    its ok Ohio refused extra unemployment help from the feds. as well as other funding (for now)..I am sure this will not cause a shit storm when sick people keep going to work....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    How many people are you funding to take time off?
    16 total people in my business that I am a minority owner in.
    Not to mention myself.

How about you?

So its ok for those businesses that pay taxes and those independent contractors who pay taxes, to have their money fund this program they can't even participate in that was meant to "help workers"???
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Not sure where you are but in the states most grocery stores and the big box stores start to get their normal "restock" influx sunday afternoon-Monday morning.

They stock up sunday after the places close into Monday morning. They don't do much stocking on Sat/Sunday outside of things like bread, milk and those short lived items because they don't want to interfere with their customers shopping experience.

My friends kid said they are going to be working overtime till the end of days re-stocking the shelves in the next month. Normally they only have to restock like 5% of the stores items at any given Monday morning, now its over 50%. 100% in many specific isles.

He's happy for the extra pay
    The walmarts in my area are being told not to order any inventory right now. They're basically only getting what's alredy on the way to the stores. Because they can't keep up with it. My sister runs a walmart in our area and they tried bringing a pallet of toilet paper out to the floor. They didn't even make it to the toilet paper isle before people just started grabbing it. I'd imagine other areas walmarts are telling their people the same thing.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    The walmarts in my area are being told not to order any inventory right now.
    How does that help anything?

its ok Ohio refused extra unemployment help from the feds. as well as other funding (for now)..I am sure this will not cause a shit storm when sick people keep going to work....

- - - Updated - - -

16 total people in my business that I am a minority owner in.
    Not to mention myself.

How about you?

So its ok for those businesses that pay taxes and those independent contractors who pay taxes, to have their money fund this program they can't even participate in that was meant to "help workers"???
    Well I'm in the extremely skilled extremely rare trades... I've more or less just went to live in my cabin for a while take the year off and find myself you know?

Still I'm not asking other people for their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    That's really funny coming from someone with that picture.

You do realize the corporations support mostly the Democratic party, right, especially the Internet corporations?
    You do realize that corporations want unchecked migration because immigrants are cheap labor and they can also be abused at any time because they don't have other choices?

Nah, you don't, that's why you have the picture.
    Picture supports umm, unchecked immigration?
    WTF are you talking about?
    Cheap labor when the party openly supports mass union participation?
    Impeachment has to do with, umm corporate abuse?
    Are you feeling alright? You get tested?

hahahah mostly support democratic party.....ahahahahah….

Are you kidding? You know election campaign finance is public information right?
    http://www.opensecrets.org/pres16/se...stries?ind=F27

they both have industries that favor one party over another

insurance - gave to republicans 15 to 1.
    Jeb Bush (R) $11,936,994
    Marco Rubio (R) $5,828,653
    Hillary Clinton (D) $2,694,914
    Donald Trump (R) $1,046,962
    Ted Cruz (R) $1,040,071
    John Kasich (R)$498,695
    Bernie Sanders (D)$334,202

Banks - about even

Hillary Clinton (D)$2,858,727
    Ted Cruz (R)$1,699,926
    Jeb Bush (R)$1,071,614
    Marco Rubio (R)$463,374
    Donald Trump (R)$403,318

Law related - Hillary by 15-1
    Hillary Clinton (D)$41,599,595
    Jeb Bush (R)$4,405,657
    Marco Rubio (R)$2,707,765
    Ted Cruz (R)$2,013,220
    Bernie Sanders (D)$1,887,097
    Donald Trump (R)$1,827,395
    John Kasich (R)$1,006,274

Oil lol really need this one?

Jeb Bush (R)$10,443,628
    Ted Cruz (R)$2,843,998
    Rick Perry (R)$1,647,425
    John Kasich (R)$1,613,274
    Bobby Jindal (R)$1,369,150
    Donald Trump (R)$992,137
    Hillary Clinton (D)$967,631

Real estate - R
    Pharma - D
    Retirement related -Even
    Securities & Investment - Even
    Hollywood - D
    Health Professionals - Even
    Hedge Funds & Private Equity - Even

etc etc etc
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    How does that help anything?
    I don't think it does. I'm just saying that is what they've being told

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    6% mortality rate means that that if EU has +/- 500 mln citizens it could end up with 30 mln dead people.

you still fail to see why people treat it seriously ?
    There is no "still", because I never said "I don't see why people in heavily afflicted areas treat it seriously", nor did I imply that it isn't a serious disease. I said I fail to see why people treat it like we're headed into WWIII (extreme hoarding) in a town with 8 contained cases.

You'd know that if you read my post. Or at least, that's the theory.

Nuances exist.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-03-14 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    Well I'm in the extremely skilled extremely rare trades... I've more or less just went to live in my cabin for a while take the year off and find myself you know?

Still I'm not asking other people for their money.
    "other people's money"?
    umm, so...these people don't pay taxes?

See that is what is wrong with people like you, just because they need govt help all of a sudden you think they don't actually fund the govt for this very fucking purpose.

Fucking how dare "you" use other people's money to fund the military....!!!!
    imagine if everyone got to pick and choose where their taxes went, how many more public assistance programs would see expanded funding...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah, I’m going to try Monday morning. Schools and daycares are closed in our area so I’m hoping a lot of the parents will be at home with their young kids during the work week.
    I've been helping a bunch of people out find shit because they got caught out with nothing....and I have time during the day because I work nights. So I get off right as the store opens.

helped a friends father who's in his 70s find some TP and the 3 things he eats, the only 3 things he eats...fucking picky to the extreme.

Me any my brother were tag teaming Stop and Shop and Shoprite at 6am this morning trying to shop for a half a dozen families who waited...and are not in full panic mode.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I planned to go regular grocery shopping today but after seeing pics people were posting and discussing how bad it was at our local commissary today, I decided to wait till after the weekend. I’m not Mad Maxing it for food.
    That is such an accurate description of it.

My dad went to do some shopping. He picked a cheap toilet paper brand, some bits and bobs, and went to the checkout.
    As he was stood there, he remembered he'd forgotten something, so he removed his basket from the checkout line and put it down out of the way, and went to pick up what he'd forgotten.

When he came back, his basket was almost empty... People had grabbed shit from his basket as they were passing to checkout their own groceries.
    Never happens here. But people are emptying the shelves of canned goods, toilet paper, pasta etc etc... Nevermind non-prescription medicines.

The walmarts in my area are being told not to order any inventory right now. They're basically only getting what's alredy on the way to the stores. Because they can't keep up with it. My sister runs a walmart in our area and they tried bringing a pallet of toilet paper out to the floor. They didn't even make it to the toilet paper isle before people just started grabbing it. I'd imagine other areas walmarts are telling their people the same thing.
    no offence but they are foolish (nicest word I have) not to set up a controlled environment for this instead of the normal "sent to shelf" procedure.

ShopRite had it by the entrance to the loading/storage area and controlled purchases to 2 packages of 8 rolls max.
    They still had it in stock and its being manage with no problems. Wasn't even a line.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

no offence but they are foolish (nicest word I have) not to set up a controlled environment for this instead of the normal "sent to shelf" procedure.

ShopRite had it by the entrance to the loading/storage area and controlled purchases to 2 packages of 8 rolls max.
    They still had it in stock and its being manage with no problems. Wasn't even a line.
    It's walmart, regulating sales would require them to have more people on the schedule, they're all out good will after actually offering to pay people during quarantine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    Get this. I was in the bus. A few meters away there were these kids, teenagers, holding bags of crackers in their left hands and using the right hand to hold on to the handlebars in the bus AND to pick up chips from the bag and eat them.

Imagine the petri dish that is the handlebar in a bus, no cleaner than a dollar bill, being shoved into the kid's mouth. It's probably only by miracle that the handlebar only has the regular bullshit on it and no germs for hepatitis, dysentery or tuberculosis.
    this is why its all the more impretative that people carry around hand gel and don't bring their hands anywhere near their face while outdoors, because the populous in general are assholes.
    #boycottchina

This goes deeper than toilet paper. All of their shelves are emptying out. I can't imagine a store like walmart allowing that to happen if they had the choice.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Of all things people can hoard, they hoard toilet paper. TOILET PAPER. How fucking dimwitted can you be?
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

So not sure if it's posted yet but folding@home is now working with Covid-19 research. Here's a reddit link from /pcmasterrace : https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrac...jects_are_now/

In a nutshell, you can donate your CPU/GPU processing power to help simulate protein activity that is helpful in researching various diseases like cancer, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, etc. Covid-2 & Covid-19 joined the list.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    france and spain have announced they are following italy in locking down non essential services.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51892477
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    france and spain have announced they are following italy in locking down non essential services.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51892477
    TIL Tobacco shops are "essential" businesses.

This goes deeper than toilet paper. All of their shelves are emptying out. I can't imagine a store like walmart allowing that to happen if they had the choice.
    Ya but they could control it going forward. Unfortunately Walmart has laid off and consolidated those middle type managers that could have done this "calming" type control in their stores.

Its not hard all these stores are "choke" point central. Easy to stage in one area and control the flow and inventory evaporation.

we had weeks to month advance notice this was going to progress like this.

The govt was not the only ones to drop the ball, but hey corporations don't care...they sold their inventory!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's walmart, regulating sales would require them to have more people on the schedule, they're all out good will after actually offering to pay people during quarantine.
    trust me their workers are begging for hours, especially in Walmart being that they always try to keep people part time and below hour thresholds for benefits and tax purposes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Of all things people can hoard, they hoard toilet paper. TOILET PAPER. How fucking dimwitted can you be?
    nah the country has very little TP on hand because of the sheer volume it takes in storage. they rely on the supply and manufacturing chain to turn the inventory over in less than a half a week in some area's that are space limited.

If you start to have a breakdown in the production or transportation chain its all going to come to a grinding halt.

the problem is they are hording way too much of it, they forget how much they actually use.

Also on top of that you can throw a stone and find a person buying 20 -24 packs to resell on CL/internet....this didn't help the initial visibility of there being a visible supply issue (when there really wasn't they just could not stock fast enough)
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Just stay home as much as possible guys, that's all there really is to it.