15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    There are side effects to literally every medication. Anti-vaxx idiots only seem to care when they can spin it to fit their dumbass conspiracies. You're not special. The only person who should be telling you not to get a vaccine is your doctor, who can know if you have some underlying conditions that will actually make it dangerous for you.
    Yeah, a couple of years ago I went to a doctor and told him there's something wrong with my stomach and I need to know what's causing it. He asked me for symptoms and after I told him, he prescribed me meds.
    I told him that I want to know what's causing my issue, I don't want meds. He never gave me the answer.
    Doctors today just ask you what's wrong with you, then they prescribe you meds. No one really actually wants to find the problem. They just want you hooked on meds.
    Fuck Big Pharma.
    Last edited by Strawberry; 2022-01-09 at 01:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Over 5 million people dead worldwide, 830k in US alone.
    More realistic estimates put it at closer to 19 million worldwide.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Ramblings of a faux alpha.

You aren't special.
    Your opinion has zero value.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    No opinion was stated. Please take your misinformation elsewhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    It wasn't necessarily based just on omicron transmissibility, though.

[URL="https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#variant-proportions"]The numbers from last Monday are already pretty telling.
    Yeah, on 25th the number of delta cases was comparable to those from the 18th though, so they seem to hold steady. We'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Oh, I know, but I am going by confirmed deaths. Because we know that China and India didn't count nearly all of their dead, because they don't have anything that can keep track of over a billion people per country, accurately anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm entitled to my opinion
    There's not a shred of self-awareness here.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

You're extremely aggressive in this thread for a moderator.
    Its not your place to behave this way towards people.

I'm entitled to my opinion regardless of how aggressive you behave towards me.

- - - Updated - - -

How the fuck do you know that?
    Some people have mild effects from covid, others die from it.
    You can't claim anyone will die from it unless you know their genetic code, you moron.
    You are entitled to an opinion, even if that opinion is objectively false.

For someone who wants to complain about people being aggressive, you sure do seem to be projecting a great deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Covid doesn't give a shit about your immune system. Just like polio didn't give a shit. And smallpox. And malaria. shall I continue?

Also, stop it. Your chances of death due to vaccine side effects are infinitesimally small compared to your chance of death getting covid without a vaccine. This is straight up empty headed disinformation. Knock this shit off.
    The reply is quite simple. Three options. Roll the die with a virus growing ever more contagious and deadly, roll the dice with a well documented vaccine that only contains RNA, or stay locked down forever.

If a person is worried about being the 1% that might get clapped by the vaccine then COVID will definitely fuck them up.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2022-01-09 at 01:45 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

You're extremely aggressive in this thread for a moderator.
    Its not your place to behave this way towards people.

I'm entitled to my opinion regardless of how aggressive you behave towards me.

- - - Updated - - -

How the fuck do you know that?
    Some people have mild effects from covid, others die from it.
    You can't claim anyone will die from it unless you know their genetic code, you moron.
    Perhaps they should have said "one's chances" instead of "your chances", though it's a distinction without a difference.

Meanwhile, you should stop being willfully ignorant and realize that all we have are population level metrics, not biomolecular mechanistic explanations about whether you as an individual are going to have severe or mild symptoms. when someone says "your chances of dying from COVID is much higher than from the vaccine" they mean the fraction of people who die from COVID out of all people who get COVID is much much much much higher than the fraction of people who die from the vaccine out of all the people who get the vaccine.

Since numbers probably make your eyes glaze over, let me put it this way: no one dies from the vaccine, lots of people die from COVID.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The reply is quite simple. Three options. Roll the die with a virus growing ever more contagious and deadly, roll the dice with a well documented vaccine that only contains RNA, or stay locked down forever.
    Unfortunately, we keep giving them a 4th option: Pitch a tory tantrum until they get their way and are allowed to fuck around and wreck things for everyone else.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

15+ Year Old Account
    No opinion was stated. Please take your misinformation elsewhere.
    What misinformation exactly?

That you need my genetic code to calculate if I'm going to die from covid?

10+ Year Old Account

Your genetic code is immaterial. You have a higher chance of dying from COVID than from the vaccine, period.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Roughly 90-99% of the people dying of covid, are unvaccinated. Depending on the country.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Your genetic code is immaterial. You have a higher chance of dying from COVID than from the vaccine, period.
    So, some people getting mild covid symptoms are just what, lucky?

Covid rolls a 1d10, gets a 1.
    *aw shit, he gets mild symptoms*

Yes. You aren't special or alpha.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes. You aren't special or alpha.
    You're funny.

10+ Year Old Account

Viral load is a thing, yes.

Also, your genetic code is not a guarantee of the strength of your immune system.

Tell us you don't know anything about how a virus works without telling us you don't know anything about how a virus works.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Weird how many people who thought that their immune systems would protect them end up with tubes shoved down their throats breathing for them.

Weird how many people get over covid after catching it while unvaccinated and regret their decision.

But hey, some folks like getting attention any way they can, even if that means being the guy standing up in the middle of the room telling people to stop breathing air because it's eventually going to kill them.

I have officially lost all hope that this pandemic is going to end with anything short of an apocalyptic scenario with it becoming far too deadly to realistically survive as a species beyond a few hundred thousand world wide. My cousins work knew she had covid last week and was like "nah, you're good. come on in!" Her fiances work is going off the CDC and saying 5 days is enough, IF you decide to possibly take it. They aren't even offering paid days off, or days off for that matter. They told him if he had wanted to take off, he would have had to use vacation time to cover it. Also went into a gas station today and none of the 4 clerks had a mask.

To add, I also went to the store. Saw no less than 5 people wondering around, having coughing fits. No masks. No attempt to at least cover their mouths. I contemplated just not grocery shopping. Probably going to start curb side pick up for this exact reason.

I really don't see the point in them reporting on covid anymore. People aren't paying attention. Stores can't enforce any mask policies if a customer gets unruly since they have zero legal back up. Governors are fighting mandates in some states tooth and nail. This is absolutely crazy. I grew up thinking that if this exact event happened, people could at least ban together to fight it. Nope.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2022-01-09 at 02:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?