Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    You're missing the point, let me paint you a picture.

How many uninfected people are quarantined in their homes in Italy? Last I heard about 60M.

How many infected? Around 25k. Let's say quarantine ends in a week. All those 60M people go back to their lifes, the virus will still be around. The hospitals will be flooded in no time again.

The next batch won't be the last batch. Will there be a second mass quarantine then?
    No, you're missing the point. Nobody expects the next batch to be the last batch. It's about lowering the number of infected...not eliminating coronavirus completely.

When the quarantine is over...I imagine the government will still advise people to stay at home if they can. Large gatherings of people will still likely be cancelled. They're still going to want to keep those infection rates on the downward trend that they have been on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    How are you all handling your keyboards? I've cleaned the keys in boiling water with dishwasher soap as I usually do which should be enough and I've used a microfiber tissue sprayed with antiseptic for the keyboard itself.
    That's a good way. I'm doing my normal cleaning method once a week though. It's a bit involved. It's a Corsair K70.

I take all the keys off and clean them one by one with a toothbrush that I continually dip in Isopropyl alchohol. I then do the space between the keyboards.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How are you all handling your keyboards? I've cleaned the keys in boiling water with dishwasher soap as I usually do which should be enough and I've used a microfiber tissue sprayed with antiseptic for the keyboard itself.
    I would imagine that will depend on each person and how much contact they have with other people and if they are good about washing their hands. Also are others around your keyboard? Myself, not doing anything special with it as we are avoiding people and we disinfect any items we get delivered to our home.

I am mainly concerned about my wife who is not in good health and suffers from a depressed immune issue due to drugs she has to take. So I am very careful about washing my hands and keeping new stuff entering our home washed down with bleach water. At this point, out of concern for her, we are home bound. But are doing fine, as we have a good supply of food and stuff. Even toilet paper.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Are you sharing your keyboard with others? Because unless you are there is no need for extra cleaning. Your not going to infect yourself through your own keyboard that only you are using.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    -snip-
    Conspiracy theories aren't allowed, I'm surprised u didn't accuse Moscow of Area 51 n what not.

It was pretty obvious when I wrote that Russia doesn't want corona fight to fail right on their doorstep, no country is happy about corona, to suggest otherwise is to claim that country doesn't care what happens to themselves as long as their neighbors get it...for a guy who lives in ww3 la-la land like Skroe, nothing isn't too monstrous or implausible...

This is like accusing someone wanting to shoot you by shooting themselves through the chest so the bullet would eventually come out n towards u.

So Russians are so darn ewul they don't care about selfpreservation?

Ur posts have left reality for stupid cartoon character villains.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    FT just needs to make some noise to boost their subscriptions. Otherwise they have nothing to report that isn't already reported elsewhere, so no reason for people to buy their subscriptions.

Referring to mysterious report from EU without links to actual report (assuming from text you quoted since there is paywall to access actual content). Typical disinformation tactic.
    The link works in the rt article, didn't get paywall,
    Or the link rather in that first twitter link
    https://www.rt.com/op-ed/483370-eu-f...virus-disinfo/
    However when I click on link from my post above, there's paywall.
    No idea why, don't have twitter n i certainly wouldn't give FT any monies
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-03-18 at 12:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Conspiracy theories aren't allowed, I'm surprised u didn't accuse Moscow of Area 51 n what not.

It was pretty obvious when I wrote that Russia doesn't want corona fight to fail right on their doorstep, no country is happy about corona, to suggest otherwise is to claim that country doesn't care what happens to themselves as long as their neighbors get it...for a guy who lives in ww3 la-la land like Skroe, nothing isn't too monstrous or implausible...

This is like accusing someone wanting to shoot you by shooting themselves through the chest so the bullet would eventually come out n towards u.

You are cute if you think everyone is going single-minded about this thing. I happen to be familiar with both worlds, Russia and the West and Russia is doing both ways, it fights the epidemic its own way, but it also takes an opportunity to spread BS the other way - the usual narrative that West is impotent and imploding on itself, while our best friends - China are returning to normalcy and "we're" fine and on the ball.

You can bet your ass Russia is happily using this opportunity to spread their BS via Social Networks and their proxies as well.

I take all the keys off and clean them one by one with a toothbrush that I continually dip in Isopropyl alchohol. I then do the space between the keyboards.
    What the hell? You have way too much time on your hands.

l.
    It's not a conspiracy theory to share Russian intelligence's long history of promoting conspiracy theories.

Jesus tap-dancing Christ.

And Russians aren't evil. The Russian government is. Russians are a proud people with a rich history and culture that's seen tremendous hardship. They've also been brutalized by a succession of strongmen and authoritarian regimes. The Russian people are Putin's regimes first victims. Just like they were the Communists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Scourge of Azuremyst View Post
    What the hell? You have way too much time on your hands.
    I take care of my stuff.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You are cute if you think everyone is going single-minded about this thing. I happen to be familiar with both worlds, Russia and the West and Russia is doing both ways, it fights the epidemic its own way, but it also takes an opportunity to spread BS the other way - the usual narrative that West is impotent and imploding on itself, while our best friends - China are returning to normalcy and "we're" fine and on the ball.

You can bet your ass Russia is happily using this opportunity to spread their BS via Social Networks and their proxies as well.
    Uhm, its western msm that china is getting corona under control, west however is dealing with its spread. Same stories.

Again, it's in Russia's interest that west fix corona on Russia's doorstep, for their own sake so they themselves get an easier time dealing dealing with it. Nobody wants to be surrounded by corona countries.

If Russia was like u claim, they'd write there's no problems in italy etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK, so some update from MoH we got - last day MoH did 2150 tests up from 861 day before, seems like they found some solution for testing and expect to get to 5000 tests per day in a few days.

Total number of cases so far is 427, no deaths. 401 patients are low, 10 medium and 5 are high severity. 11 people declared as fully recovered (it involves being tested negative twice with a gap of a bit less than a week).

Out of 427 patients, there are 3 patients where MoH has no information where they caught the thing, so of course it means there is much more unreported cases, estimate is about triple the number.

They started making use of surveillance capabilities to identify exactly where everyone was in proximity of the identified sick person and are sending messages and official notices for everyone that was near the patient at any time to go to self-quarantine for 14 days. Those who break it get fined about USD1.5k and there is a potential for jail time for repeat offenders.

There is about 70 cases open already in Police for various smartasses that ignored this.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-03-18 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    no... like wiping after you pee or blow your nose with...
    Yeah, or put a piece of gum in it before you throw it a way. Or wipe you nail polish when you make a mistake. That's not the point though. All those things, are meaningless in the grand scheme of things. So you can't wipe your dick/ass/nose with tp, big deal. Wash it.

As I said: people are terribly stupid.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    I must say wow... China propaganda is in full set. Even news reports belive their non-sense that everything there is now right.
    13 new people infected....yeaaaa right.
    If you watch the real un-cenzored news, you can see they are pretty much taking people in some type of concentration camps (they gather all sick on 1 spot and just let them there). And of cose chaining people at home if they have virus (with real chains).

Meanwhile in US:

5+ Year Old Account
    That's a good way. I'm doing my normal cleaning method once a week though. It's a bit involved. It's a Corsair K70.

Why are u sharing ur computers in these times to begin with is the bigger question.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Meanwhile in US:
    That gif wins the thread

If you watch the real un-cenzored news, you can see they are pretty much taking people in some type of concentration camps (they gather all sick on 1
    spot and just let them there). And of cose chaining people at home if they have virus (with real chains).
    And where do you get those uncensored news?

Meanwhile in US:
    LOL, he forgot to take the 6 rolls from the left shelf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scourge of Azuremyst View Post
    And where do you get those uncensored news?

LOL, he forgot to take the 6 rolls from the left shelf.
    One example:

Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    No, you're missing the point. Nobody expects the next batch to be the last batch. It's about lowering the number of infected...not eliminating coronavirus completely.

When the quarantine is over...I imagine the government will still advise people to stay at home if they can. Large gatherings of people will still likely be cancelled. They're still going to want to keep those infection rates on the downward trend that they have been on.
    You're still repeating the same thing I said as if you're saying anything different. Can't get more dense than that

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tak...140137111.html

"Trump claims he always took coronavirus seriously, but the record says otherwise" This gave me a good laugh. The man is pretty much trying to erase everything he said about the virus before..
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I just don't see how keeping them in class is any worse than letting them rove around town like they currently are.
    Over here schools are closed 2nd week now and no roving gangs of kids can be seen, so yeah - it works very good so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is ur point besides listing more than one way to use this crisis for monies?
    Because they're still selling a good product at a good price and only to people who choose to buy them.

So, like, standard good business practice.

Scummy would be taking all their sales off.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils