1. #7961
    The Insane Acidbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Flanders
    Posts
    17,004
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    I'm not defending CCP. They did fuck up.

    I'm pointing out that their fuck up is inconsequential to current situation. Chinese fuck up happened several months ago. What we see right now is result of legendary grade fuck ups by western politicians and they are trying to shift blame.
    I don't believe Politicians are occupied with that right now as they are dealing with the crisis. There's only one doing that because he cares more about the upcoming US election than anything else.

    And i want both to be done, self-reflection and seeing what was done wrong on our end and holding CCP accountable, both canbe done.

  2. #7962
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    18,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    This could have been prevented if we could have enforced quarantine measures on time
    But we wouldn't have.
    That's the whole goddamn point here.

    Are people really so naive as to think that if China told us in December
    "Boys, we've go a bug here... nasty... prepare, it's coming your way!"
    we'd believed them? That we had acted on that information straight away?

    Hell, Italy was basically going under and we (Germany) still carried on as usual. My boss (school principal) said "It's insane, these morons (government) think we're immune just because we're German.". It took another WEEK after that until they closed the schools (Mar 16) and ANOTHER WEEK after that until they decided to really lock down (Mar 23) because "muh economy". Yet if you go out, you still have tons of idiots going about their lives as if nothing was the matter, enjoying the sunshine and their free time.

    And then you have "Team America"... reading about them is like watching a caricature movie atm. Insane.

    Yes China is to blame for suppressing the information. Absolutely, silencing scientific personnel and obfuscating evidence is a crime and sth. should come out of that behavior as a consequence.
    China is not to blame for our incompetence though.

  3. #7963
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Oh please, I know you are raring to suck commie schlong and all, but guess what - this is not exactly the right moment to do this.

    This is not a hill to die on, given the magnitude of Chinese Communist Party failure here.

    - - - Updated - - -



    What you can do is actually warn the others, instead of trying to destroy evidence and suppress doctors

    You bois are surely working double time for your great leader Xi here.
    You mean like 3M and Teflon poisoning entire planet and basically getting slapt on the hand? Like 99% of all the living things poisoned by American company...

  4. #7964
    I couldn't see that this was reported before.

    Iceland tried a mass-test which percentage of the "uninfected" population have the virus (other countries are starting similar trials to test if people have been infected using different methods that are cheaper):
    https://grapevine.is/news/2020/03/15...h-coronavirus/

    The result was that about 1% were in fact infected - which is about 3k Icelanders - but official reports at that time only had 180 cases, and even now the reports only have about 1k cases (and Iceland hasn't reduced testing drastically as some other countries). If the ratio between actual cases and confirmed cases has stayed constant it would mean that 6% of the population is now infected in Iceland - and Iceland doesn't seem to handle it poorly compared to other European countries.

    Of the tested (that weren't previously confirmed) half showed no symptoms, and half had a regular cold.
    Of the

  5. #7965
    Legendary! Thepersona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Santiago, Chile
    Posts
    6,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I couldn't see that this was reported before.

    Iceland tried a mass-test which percentage of the "uninfected" population have the virus (other countries are starting similar trials to test if people have been infected using different methods that are cheaper):
    https://grapevine.is/news/2020/03/15...h-coronavirus/

    The result was that about 1% were in fact infected - which is about 3k Icelanders - but official reports at that time only had 180 cases, and even now the reports only have about 1k cases (and Iceland hasn't reduced testing drastically as some other countries). If the ratio between actual cases and confirmed cases has stayed constant it would mean that 6% of the population is now infected in Iceland - and Iceland doesn't seem to handle it poorly compared to other European countries.

    Of the tested (that weren't previously confirmed) half showed no symptoms, and half had a regular cold.
    Of the
    So this supports my hipothesis, that the CCP virus has the IFR of influenza, but the R0 of mumps?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker



  6. #7966
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I couldn't see that this was reported before.

    Iceland tried a mass-test which percentage of the "uninfected" population have the virus (other countries are starting similar trials to test if people have been infected using different methods that are cheaper):
    https://grapevine.is/news/2020/03/15...h-coronavirus/

    The result was that about 1% were in fact infected - which is about 3k Icelanders - but official reports at that time only had 180 cases, and even now the reports only have about 1k cases (and Iceland hasn't reduced testing drastically as some other countries). If the ratio between actual cases and confirmed cases has stayed constant it would mean that 6% of the population is now infected in Iceland - and Iceland doesn't seem to handle it poorly compared to other European countries.

    Of the tested (that weren't previously confirmed) half showed no symptoms, and half had a regular cold.
    Of the
    "Only have 1k cases". Thats in a country with a population of 364k, in other words it doesn't really even qualify as a medium sized city in world terms.

    In terms of infections per million they are at 3k per million. Thats abysmal. For context, its twice as bad as Italy and Spain.

  7. #7967
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Uhm, Feb 15.
    China: 68k cases
    Germany: 15 cases

    When did Germany start to take this seriously?

    Wait I'll help you out.

    "Germany has introduced travel restrictions for entries from outside the Schengen area on March 17, 2020. All corresponding entries from non-EU-citizens and citizens of non-Schengen states by plane or ship will be affected. Entry will be possible for German citizens."
    And still that paints Germany in a too positive light.

    Where did the cases coming to Germany in March come from?
    From China - or from countries within the Schengen area like Italy and Austria?
    Last edited by Forogil; 2020-03-29 at 03:14 PM.

  8. #7968
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Whataboutism is never a good argument or defence in any case. China purposely hid this and covered it up causing a global epidemic and economic crisis.

    If you want to use an example, you should use Russia and Chernobyl not something as the ME conflict that has many sides to the same coin to begin with and stems from the Cold war era were all "great powers" back then hold a large responsibility in the destabilization of that region.

    So yes China should be blamed for this as the CCP did cause this and to this day we still don't know what the actual numbers in China are throwing people and governments off.

    But i got a feeling this is more about you having a hardon for america than anything else.
    ??? America on purpose attacked numerous countries and killed millions.... Everyone has some goal...

    And people did, so I don't see the point. And Russia is still lying about the number of casualties.

    Wr don't know many things, what your point. We don't know real state in India and North Korea.

    No I'm not, but what I despise is blaming someone else while neglecting what "you" did.

  9. #7969
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Whataboutism is never a good argument or defence in any case. China purposely hid this and covered it up causing a global epidemic and economic crisis.

    If you want to use an example, you should use Russia and Chernobyl not something as the ME conflict that has many sides to the same coin to begin with and stems from the Cold war era were all "great powers" back then hold a large responsibility in the destabilization of that region.

    So yes China should be blamed for this as the CCP did cause this and to this day we still don't know what the actual numbers in China are throwing people and governments off.

    But i got a feeling this is more about you having a hardon for america than anything else.
    I want to correct you on one thing, you are correct about China, and they are 100% fucking guaranteed to be hiding numbers right now, there are various statistics on things that shows China is straight up lying about their current numbers.

    But all of this was with the help of WHO, who have been jumping and barking at their commands.

    https://twitter.com/UyghurInfo/statu...43213647151106
    https://twitter.com/wilfredchan/stat...87606569590784

    Fuck this "blaming china is racism" bullshit narrative that is going the rounds, fuck china, they deserve to be put on the spotlight for this shitstorm, and so does WHO along with them.

    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2020-03-29 at 03:08 PM.

  10. #7970
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Yeah we can definitely compare Woodrow Wilson spreading the virus during WW1 to Xi Jinping spreading the virus for ... no apparent reason.

    Why do you keep comparing the CCP virus to American war time actions? Are you trying to say that the CCP virus is an act of war?
    Well Americas war time actions have lasted more than 2 centuries but ok... And if it's lab made then yeah, it could be looked at like a "war" atm more like a economic war.

  11. #7971
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    More events are coming out that China is indeed not telling the truth about their numbers.

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...f-virus-s-toll

    Outside one funeral home, trucks shipped in about 2,500 urns on both Wednesday and Thursday, according to Chinese media outlet Caixin. Another picture published by Caixin showed 3,500 urns stacked on the ground inside. It’s unclear how many of the urns had been filled.


    According to Chinese government figures, 2,535 people in Wuhan have died of the virus. The announcement that a lockdown in place since January would be lifted came after China said its tally of new cases had hit zero and stepped up diplomatic outreach to other countries hard hit by the virus, sending some of them medical supplies.

    So the numbers are not adding up, and there's this:

    Tweet link



    And there are also reports that show that cellphone users have been dropped by a significant amount over the last three months. So either there's a new trend in China of going "offline" or a large part of these people are no longer alive.

    All their actions are being reported on like moving deploying more incinerators, with each passing week more of what China is covering up is coming back to the surface.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The disease is created by natural evolution no evidence has been found to support any other theory, if you want to believe in crackpot theories go ahead and join that club. I am certain tinfoil unlike toilet paper is not in short supply.

    You don't find forbes trust worthy enough and you want something scientific?

    Here you go, have at it https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9
    No evidence has been found that it is natural... I'm questioning if anyone reads what they post or if they think a article full of theories is evidence now...

  12. #7972
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    27,241
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    USA still hasnt done a nationwide lockdown though
    We're not going to have one because Donny Smallhands wants to keep his precious Wall Street going while blue states suffer for not bowing and scraping to him.

    But he'll be quick to get supplies and money to the red states . . .

  13. #7973
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    "Only have 1k cases". Thats in a country with a population of 364k, in other words it doesn't really even qualify as a medium sized city in world terms.
    Yes, but a city with biotech firms that actually can test these things.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    In terms of infections per million they are at 3k per million. Thats abysmal. For context, its twice as bad as Italy and Spain.
    Completely incorrect in multiple ways and you are completely missing the point.

    You are then looking at "confirmed" cases not actual infections per million, and the point is that those numbers are not reliable, as people are not tested enough.

    They are not reliable in Iceland that make an effort to test and don't have large number of deaths - and they are likely even less reliable in Italy and Spain. If Italy's numbers were "only" as unreliable as the Icelandic numbers then Italy doesn't have 90k infected but more than a million; if they are even more unreliable (as is likely) we might already be looking at millions infected in Italy.

    BTW: 1% infected that is the same as 10k per million.

  14. #7974
    I am Murloc! unfilteredJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Seagrove Beach, FL
    Posts
    5,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    No evidence has been found that it is natural... I'm questioning if anyone reads what they post or if they think a article full of theories is evidence now...
    I can't roll my eyes hard enough.
    Wall of LOLs
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Yeah I know. It'll take another 2 years + to knock Rozz and Flarelane down to size as Endus eventually was. Not worth the effort. My lack of posting here recently has been sort of 2-fold. One is because it's extremely boring watching the crazies come to the inevitable conclusion that they've failed. TDS seems to be an awfully persistent disease. Two is because I'm saving my infraction points to unleash unholy Hell when Trump wins re-election.

  15. #7975
    Merely a Setback CommunismWillWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Russia that is very communist, da.
    Posts
    25,492
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I can't roll my eyes hard enough.
    They are just itching for war, and want to use any excuse. Even made-up ones.
    Joe Biden is a rapist and his supporters are rape apologists

  16. #7976
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    I want to correct you on one thing, you are correct about China, and they are 100% fucking guaranteed to be hiding numbers right now, there are various statistics on things that shows China is straight up lying about their current numbers.

    But all of this was with the help of WHO, who have been jumping and barking at their commands.

    https://twitter.com/UyghurInfo/statu...43213647151106
    https://twitter.com/wilfredchan/stat...87606569590784

    Fuck this "blaming china is racism" bullshit narrative that is going the rounds, fuck china, they deserve to be put on the spotlight for this shitstorm, and so does WHO along with them.

    Except, you know, the rest of the world had the coronavirus before China even knew it was a real problem. It wasn't discovered by anyone until around December, but they think it originaged in November. Here in the US, our first confirmed a case was on January 20th, but the CDC has findings to suggest it was here at least 8 weeks earlier. That means we probably already had it by the time China knew what it was.

    So let's assume China, some time in December, immediately recognized what they had, immediately went full lockdown and told everyone "YO WE HAVE A CODE RED, SATAN IS ON THE LOOSE."

    What would that change about a virus already in at least 21 other countries? Probably already in at least 50, but we only can guess based on the date of their confirmed cases and findings. We know of a case where a guy returned from Spain in the beginning of February and found out he had coronavirus - that means he got it in mid-end January, which means Spain probably also had it since December.

    Would it maybe spread slower if we had less international travel sooner? Probably true, but that wouldn't change that most countries didn't start going into lockdown until 60 days after we already knew COVID19 was worse than SARS.

  17. #7977
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    I want to correct you on one thing, you are correct about China, and they are 100% fucking guaranteed to be hiding numbers right now, there are various statistics on things that shows China is straight up lying about their current numbers.

    But all of this was with the help of WHO, who have been jumping and barking at their commands.

    https://twitter.com/UyghurInfo/statu...43213647151106
    https://twitter.com/wilfredchan/stat...87606569590784

    Fuck this "blaming china is racism" bullshit narrative that is going the rounds, fuck china, they deserve to be put on the spotlight for this shitstorm, and so does WHO along with them.

    Nah because its a distraction instead of criticizing the current administration your going on about china. We can't control China but we can control what happens in house.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

  18. #7978
    I am Murloc! unfilteredJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Seagrove Beach, FL
    Posts
    5,677
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Nah because its a distraction instead of criticizing the current administration your going on about china. We can't control China but we can control what happens in house.
    You can, 100%, do both.
    Wall of LOLs
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Yeah I know. It'll take another 2 years + to knock Rozz and Flarelane down to size as Endus eventually was. Not worth the effort. My lack of posting here recently has been sort of 2-fold. One is because it's extremely boring watching the crazies come to the inevitable conclusion that they've failed. TDS seems to be an awfully persistent disease. Two is because I'm saving my infraction points to unleash unholy Hell when Trump wins re-election.

  19. #7979
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    No evidence has been found that it is natural...
    Which is exactly opposite of what the paper says:
    Our analyses clearly show that SARS-CoV-2 is not a laboratory construct or a purposefully manipulated virus.
    They also give reasons for supporting that analysis (which I don't fully understand), and based on the normal reading of scientific papers (that part I understand) they are fully convinced that everything evolved naturally either in other animals or in humans - but just add the normal bit of hedging as is usual in scientific papers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    I'm questioning if anyone reads what they post
    You surely lead by example.

  20. #7980
    The Insane Acidbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Flanders
    Posts
    17,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    No evidence has been found that it is natural... I'm questioning if anyone reads what they post or if they think a article full of theories is evidence now...
    Yes i read the journal report something you requested. You are free to provide counter claims with how this was man made. Obviously as you wanted something that was scientific and reviewed i will require the same.

    Or you could simply admit that you didn't read what i linked you because it is for someone of your capacity not easy digested.

    The article in question speaks over the origin of said virus mutation, so proof to me that you can read

    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

    Which is exactly opposite of what the paper says:

    They also give reasons for supporting that analysis (which I don't fully understand), and based on the normal reading of scientific papers (that part I understand) they are fully convinced that everything evolved naturally either in other animals or in humans - but just add the normal bit of hedging as is usual in scientific papers.


    You surely lead by example.
    Well maybe now that someone has pre-chewed the article and hurled it in his mouth it is more easily for him to swallow the truth.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    We're not going to have one because Donny Smallhands wants to keep his precious Wall Street going while blue states suffer for not bowing and scraping to him.

    But he'll be quick to get supplies and money to the red states . . .
    Can this be held against him i wonder?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •