Trump stops supporting WHO?
    This is the best thing he ever did.
    WHO had been spreading lies of CCP that everything is under control in China since the very beginning.
    Useless foundation must be shut down.
    Even they failed to change the name of China Wuhan Virus.
    They failed in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    And again, Perspectives is a drop down. Its just HTML, cant help you more.
    I know this is a fight between you two, but come on, respond to his figures. That this was the only part you commented on, and you ignored his rebuttal of your claims, it looks like you have conceded his point, but just don't want to say it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    And we advance to a new level of retardation.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52289056

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post
    WHO had been spreading lies of CCP that everything is under control in China since the very beginning.
    So when is the US going to leave the WHO? Or is Trump too much of a pussy to pull that trigger?

Who spreads the information that is given to them, and your feelings over what Corona should be called is not a valid reason either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    And we advance to a new level of retardation.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52289056
    Why just leave instead? Trump is just a pussy who does things half-way, it seems.
    He sees it as useless, right? so why stay in?

As if cutting the budget will help anyone in the future. But wait, it is Trump we are talking about, this has nothing to do with helping anyone, just his campaign ratings.
    His tweet praising China about dealing with the virus is still up, as evidenced by the BBC article which directly contradicts Trump's words, but again... voters have a very short memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    As if cutting the budget will help anyone in the future. But wait, it is Trump we are talking about, this has nothing to do with helping anyone, just his campaign ratings.
    His tweet praising China about dealing with the virus is still up, as evidenced by the BBC article which directly contradicts Trump's words, but again... voters have a very short memory.
    So does Trump's brain, so it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post
    You must be furious at Donald Trump and the US since he was behind the WHO response still is and organizations like that are constructs of the US which sucks to CCP because of trade worse than the WHO.

So...
    Do masks made out of T-shirts work, or is this guy a comedian?

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    And again, Perspectives is a drop down. Its just HTML, cant help you more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Acute care =/= intensive care.
    To slightly expand on this:

Acute care refers to a patient in immediate need of medical attention. It describes a patient with an injury, malady, etc that he or she cannot treat by herself, something beyond the body's natural capability to deal with on its own, or the false assumption of such a condition. Very very broadly speaking this refers to any patient coming to a hospital unscheduled, or patients that need short-time assistance as a result of surgery or treatment. For example, a patient recovering from major surgery is almost always considered in need of acute care.

Intensive care describes a patient in need of acute, chronic or long-term care who is in critical condition, so a patient who either would die without immediate treatment or is recovering from a life-threatening state and in the process of stabilizing.

The two aren't mutually exclusive, but not synonymous. Someone who was shot, for example, is generally in need of acute and intensive care. Broadly speaking the number of patients in need of acute care outnumbers those in need of intensive care by a tremendous margin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    So...
    Do the masks made out of T-shirst work, or is this guy a comedian?

Anything you put in front of your face offers you some amount of protection. Whether or not it is sufficient is a whole different story.

Layered cotton fabric will offer you some protection. It's not the same as a proper mask, but it is better than nothing.

Also, the Surgeon Generals job is also to calm and reassure the public, he's doing that quiet well from what I can see.

Will this offer you 100% protection? No. You'd need a Hazmat suit for that, though.

I be wearing something like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Anything you put in front of your face offers you some amount of protection.
    Allright, that's good to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I be wearing something like this:
    As I grew older, I realized those are counter productive, if your goal is to keep people from looking at you.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Will this offer you 100% protection? No. You'd need a Hazmat suit for that, though.
    Literally just got an email telling me this is how my power company will now be dressing if they need to visit a home.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Probably to the great surprise of our Alternative Stats crowd, but not to literally anyone else, Sweden did not have a good day.

This will continue to be the case so long as the Everything I Don't Like Is Fake News crowd continues to be taken seriously. They're as responsible for this body count as the people who make the piss-poor decisions at the top, because the leaders would get run out on a rail if they didn't have enough of these flat Earthers to prop up their stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are already starting to ignore orders or "recommendations" as my state has them. Every day I go to work I see more and more people out and about (mostly driving from A-B), with the exception of the school-going crowd, there are regularly more cars out every day. I get the attitude "Well I'm not sick so why do I need to stay inside!??" and I get the damage this is all doing to the economy, but fuck guys this is only going to make it worse.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    People are already starting to ignore orders or "recommendations" as my state has them. Every day I go to work I see more and more people out and about (mostly driving from A-B), with the exception of the school-going crowd, there are regularly more cars out every day. I get the attitude "Well I'm not sick so why do I need to stay inside!??" and I get the damage this is all doing to the economy, but fuck guys this is only going to make it worse.
    Cabin fever...
    I know here, that when the weather turns warmer...we're done.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    That seems far less than 1-2 years to me...
    I guess you missed the "at best" part. Which is likely when they start lifting some of the smaller restrictions, but large gatherings? Unlikely to happen anytime soon.

No, she didn't. The first sentence is correct, but the second is simply your inference.
    Well, she also followed it up today stating they don't know when restrictions will be lifted, they hope to have a plan in the next couple weeks, but anyone who has a wedding planned in the next few months should postpone it.

Remember, there's no guarantee of a vaccine. You lift restrictions when the infection levels have been brought down low enough to allow for a new wave of infections to not overwhelm your medical infrastructure. The longer you wait, the more time you give for possible treatments and/or a vaccine, but there's no way full or even near-full lockdown lasts a year or more.
    I know there is no guarantee of a vaccine. But any changes to current measure are going to happen weeks after the peak, they'll happen slowly in stages, with weeks between the stages. The risk of going right back into full lockdown for a month or two.

I would agree that a full lockdown won't last a year, simply because it's not economically viable. However, I can see them keeping a lot of the measures in place for a year or more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cabin fever...
    I know here, that when the weather turns warmer...we're done.
    Yeah. I'm sure shit's really gonna hit the fan here once it warms up a bit. People are stupid.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Yeah. I'm sure shit's really gonna hit the fan here once it warms up a bit. People are stupid.
    I'm sure that's why my governor (NJ) is trying to placate everybody, using words that imply a slow but sure opening up...try to ease societal pressure, and control where/when to ease things up.
    But this is NJ...and most are familiar with "weasel" words.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure that's why my governor (NJ) is trying to placate everybody, using words that imply a slow but sure opening up...try to ease societal pressure, and control where/when to ease things up.
    But this is NJ...and most are familiar with "weasel" words.
    Yeah my gov has been dragging his feet the whole time. Like, even if he ordered a stay at home it wouldn't make any fucking difference since we're the least populated state in the country.

Just, be kind.