10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Umm, I do not think that HIV is a coronavirus.
    As even his article states, they are from the same family.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    In law yes, because the government overpowers us and says "this is malicious, this is not".
    There is no "overpowering". Malice can be objectively determined. Even where it cannot be firmly established, that's a failure in the evidence, not a statement that malice itself is subjective.

It's like asking whether a person committed a murder. That's a binary, objective question; they either did, or did not commit that act. It isn't remotely subjective. Failure to establish it by the evidence does not make it subjective, nor does it do so when the issue is malicious intent.

In medicine yes because we don't ask cancer's opinion, we just destroy it. In politics no, not until you can overpower your opposition to the point that they have no chance to reverse the situation.
    You have this really fucking weird obsession with power and control, which has fuck-all to do with what's actually being discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    A majority of websites (including social media) are handing out bans for spreading misinformation like this...

You probably shouldn't post anything like this.

So sharing articles is a criminal offence now? Should i delete my post?

- - - Updated - - -

Where does he say it's an upgraded version of HIV?
    That was my misreading. So should i delete it? Is this against the law or something?

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Who said it is a criminal offense?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

That was my misreading. So should i delete it? Is this against the law or something?
    Nobody said it's against the law, but you are being called out for bullshit and misleading claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Dude... we know where it came from... genealogy already studied... It’s sensationalism, because HIV is a form of corona virus.
    They are not that closely related - even though both are RNA-viruses.
    Most importantly HIV is a retro-virus, coronaviruses are not.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I'd love to see a scenario in which a malignant tumor is only subjectively bad, malignant being a synonym for malicious.
    This was exactly my point in another post after that. We don't really want to coexist with cancer. Calling your political opponents malicious, being a synonym for malignant ... you get my drift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    HIV != sars-cov2

They not even close related, an example, HIV never leaves the human body, whille sars-cov2, just like flu like viruses, naturally disapears when the imune systhem recognises the virus.

Also HIV acts over the imune systhem whille sars-cov2 does is job, mostly, on the respiratory systhem.
    @Felya
    From the article we are all responding to:

However, agencies have reported other researchers of rubbishing Montagnier’s claims, saying that it “does not make sense”. Another French virologist Étienne SimonLorière told AFP that “these are very small elements that are found in other viruses of the same family”.
    Viruses of the same family have different impact.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    In law yes, because the government overpowers us and says "this is malicious, this is not". In medicine yes because we don't ask cancer's opinion, we just destroy it. In politics no, not until you can overpower your opposition to the point that they have no chance to reverse the situation.
    i see your one of those people who think the government is a tool of oppression. yeah we're not gonna get any sort of reasonable discussion out of anarchy or white knighting for holocaust deniers.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I don’t know... French virologist Étienne SimonLorière > random internet posters.

Technically it said there were pieces of HIV.

Viruses, bacteria - and to a lesser plants can swap genetic material from far outside the family; but it could also be random chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read my post above yours.

P.S. Are you @breadisfunny's duplicate account and posted by mistake?
    uhm what i was at the bank. i can't be here 24/7.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Who said it is a criminal offense?

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody said it's against the law, but you are being called out for bullshit and misleading claims.
    I did not claim anything, the claim was made by that nobel guy. I was merely sharing that article. Not upgraded HIV but the guy is hinting it is man-made and similar to HIV. My question about offending the law wasn't sarcasm btw.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    So, it's indeed bullshit, we shouldn't investigate further? I'm asking as a layman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not claim anything, the claim was made by that nobel guy. I was merely sharing that article. Not upgraded HIV but the guy is hinting it is man-made and similar to HIV
    HIV is not man made... wtf?

- - - Updated - - -

So, it's indeed bullshit, we shouldn't investigate further? I'm asking as a layman.
    It is bullshit, we know exactly where the virus came from and it’s genealogy. The reason we know it came from a bat, isn’t because they asked the first victim what they ate for dinner.

That was in reference to other "elements."

As it stands, they are not in the same family:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV

They are not even in the same order, which makes them as close as ants and butterflies.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

posting conspiracy theories is a forbidden topic. that's why.

I did not claim anything, the claim was made by that nobel guy. I was merely sharing that article. Not upgraded HIV but the guy is hinting it is man-made and similar to HIV. My question about offending the law wasn't sarcasm btw.
    You did make a claim, one you've already had to backpedal on. Shall we pull up your quote?

HIV is not man made... wtf?

- - - Updated - - -

It is bullshit, we know exactly where the virus came from and it’s genealogy. The reason we know it came from a bat, isn’t because they asked the first victim what they ate for dinner.
    I mean the guy is suggesting this virus is man-made. Yeah wtf or not we don't know. I'd say it's wtf

10+ Year Old Account
    yes your "just asking questions". surely there is absolutely no hidden agenda here.
    https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Just_asking_questions

You did make a claim, one you've already had to backpedal on. Shall we pull up your quote?
    The upgraded HIV thingy? I've already said i misread for that part. He is saying it has some elements of HIV virus