Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Again, there is no lie to catch since he never gave actual information about the drug, just vague hopefulness. There is nothing to catch him out on, and there is nothing to follow up on, because if they weren't trying to constantly get the soundbite, there would not be discussion of it in most of the press briefings. They keep poking him when there is no point to it other than to try to get him to err and it's not adding any information to the discussion.

Sure, you view MSM as doing a great job since they run with what you believe, but I'm sure you also casually dismiss Fox and similar right-y sources as not MSM in the process? They have reported on the drug trials by condensing some results with no mention of the conditions of the trials, and making sure to focus on how it counters what Trump has said. The bias is clear and not needed, report the information without it.

Most of the people I know have just stopped watching/ reading the news entirely at this point, other than occasionally asking me if we're getting $2,000 a month soon.

- - - Updated - - -

How many of the people calling to ignore Trump said the same thing before the briefings? Did his C19 response change their opinion of him, or just the specific rhetoric used? I'm not upset, for the record, and I'm not a Trump fan. I've actually been pretty specific in trying to remove his mentions from my few contributions to this thread because of this kind of talk. It's easy to dismiss people when you can lump them all together, isn't it?

So it just keeps getting dragged back to Trump.

I will admit to distrusting the media's spin quite a bit, given a long history of their sensationalist lies. Information is meant to be shared and they do a horrible job of tarnishing the truth to feed their agendas on both sides.

How many Trumpers do you know in real life?
    Considering I'm a conservative from a conservative hometown, and I also served in the military, most of the people I know are Trumpsters.

Yes, he was pushing a baseless conspiracy theory, and his supporters take his word as gospel. His words carry weight with them, as he is their messiah. So, challenging his bullshit is key for any good journalist.

If you don't want to talk about Trump, then stop talking about Trump, and don't respond to people who talk about Trump.

Trump has been lying and pushing bullshit since long before the Covid-19 pandemic. he's been called out on it, since long before he was elected. he was called out on it when he pushed his racist birther nonsense. His supporters did not care.

Feel free to distrust the media all you like, but your trust of Trump shows that it's not actually about sensationalism and lies. If that were actually the case, then you wouldn't be a Trumpster.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Trump Misinforming people who didn't listen to the Experts is an "Overreaction"?
    I'm obviously not communicating with you correctly since some of your responses don't seem to reply to what I'm saying.
    Discarding the hurricane comparison, we currently have a pandemic on our hands. When it is all said and done, many people will die, many peoples lives will be ruined. We will then have partisans picking over everything, to label every death as the other sides fault, and any good they can scrounge for their side. Fox wil side with the right, others with the left, and biased spin shall continue unabated.

But, the people on the ground, us commoners, will look around and ask if the lock down was worth it and if we went overboard. Could we have just had masks and gloves and still gone to work? Did we need to ban boating or so on?

When the next pandemic rolls through (cuz I mean, we'll definitely have more, it's the nature of the game), people will look back at this and judge the new virus by the old and judge their response accordingly, regardless of what the person in charge says at that time.

They refuse to listen to experts too.
    Other than the conspiracy types, they generally do.

Wrong, Trump does a press conference almost EVERYDAY about the Coronavirus.
    And for the most part it doesn't matter AT ALL. There are very few new things to report on each day, let alone have a press conference about. There is no reason for anyone that is not in NY to need a running total of NY's dead. You can have all the empathy in the world and still don't need the fear and stress it engenders to hear it.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I'm obviously not communicating with you correctly since some of your responses don't seem to reply to what I'm saying.
    Discarding the hurricane comparison, we currently have a pandemic on our hands. When it is all said and done, many people will die, many peoples lives will be ruined. We will then have partisans picking over everything, to label every death as the other sides fault, and any good they can scrounge for their side. Fox wil side with the right, others with the left, and biased spin shall continue unabated.

But, the people on the ground, us commoners, will look around and ask if the lock down was worth it and if we went overboard. Could we have just had masks and gloves and still gone to work? Did we need to ban boating or so on?

When the next pandemic rolls through (cuz I mean, we'll definitely have more, it's the nature of the game), people will look back at this and judge the new virus by the old and judge their response accordingly, regardless of what the person in charge says at that time.

And for the most part it doesn't matter AT ALL. There are very few new things to report on each day, let alone have a press conference about. There is no reason for anyone that is not in NY to need a running total of NY's dead. You can have all the empathy in the world and still don't need the fear and stress it engenders to hear it.
    Trump has consistently ignored the experts... so I guess that makes him the "conspiracy type."

On that note, I'm sure you are just as upset at him limiting immigration, as you are about someone limiting boating... right?

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    People going rounds with a know dishonest poster is rather tiresome and derailing the thread.
    That is how they work. Keep posting BS until people are tired of arguing about it and then they can keep posting BS and someone will pick up and believe it because no one was arguing that it was wrong.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...reaks/2386556/

New York antibody test data shows that the mortality rate is probably around 1%.

That's not good news.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

You Clearly hate MSM even when they are clearly presenting the Facts about the Corona virus and telling others what the Experts are saying.

It's also Clearly not Partisan when MSM presents factual information and when they Hold Trump accountable to his Lies.

Fox wil side with the right, others with the left, and biased spin shall continue unabated.
    Plenty of MSM are not Left Wing, MSNBC is not "Left Wing". Presenting Facts even if you're "Left Wing" does not mean you're Biased or putting a Biased spin.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Considering I'm a conservative from a conservative hometown, and I also served in the military, most of the people I know are Trumpsters.
    I'm in South Florida, surrounded by democrats, and other than my Aunt, none of the Trump fans I know are like you guys think. My Aunt is amusing, since she was pro-Gore, and thought Bush was going to bring in the draft, then made a big switch during his second term and went full crazy the other way. I resist the urge to reply to her FB posts about Gates and stuff. So I certainly acknowledge that there ARE folks like that, but most of the folks I know in person or online that are Republicans, don't act like your cult stereotype.

Yes, he was pushing a baseless conspiracy theory, and his supporters take his word as gospel. His words carry weight with them, as he is their messiah. So, challenging his bullshit is key for any good journalist.
    I disagree with your assessment, but...

If you don't want to talk about Trump, then stop talking about Trump, and don't respond to people who talk about Trump.
    Would that it were so easy, but I wasn't talking about Trump, but general things and the topic gets dragged to Trump again and again, so I figured I'd try to make my position clear on him and his involvement, but then I just got dismissed as a Trump fan. You're right though, there's no point to discussing it anymore. I'm not even sure if Acidbaron is saying I'm the known dishonest one, since how often do I even post in this forum outside of the gun-control thread? Meh, whatever.

Trump has been lying and pushing bullshit since long before the Covid-19 pandemic. he's been called out on it, since long before he was elected. he was called out on it when he pushed his racist birther nonsense. His supporters did not care.

Feel free to distrust the media all you like, but your trust of Trump shows that it's not actually about sensationalism and lies. If that were actually the case, then you wouldn't be a Trumpster.
    Trump is a troll and a blowhard, and I don't trust him for much of anything he says. Judging by his actions though, I'm more pro than against. He declared he wanted the world to be over it by Easter, but that didn't happen. Did I blame him for changing his actions as the world required it? Nope. Did I make Easter plans with the family assuming it would be over? Nope.

If the media will continue to push for closure just to spite Trump though, it does affect my life. Flattening the curve is important, but that doesn't mean closing until a vaccine.

The main thing that amazes me with C19 is how little is actually known/ confirmed about it, and as I've mentioned, the mystery of how accurate any of the testing methods actually are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    That is how they work. Keep posting BS until people are tired of arguing about it and then they can keep posting BS and someone will pick up and believe it because no one was arguing that it was wrong.
    In a thread like this it would get lost like a drop in an ocean, constantly engaging just allows it to make waves.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    You Clearly hate MSM even when they are clearly presenting the Facts about the Corona virus and telling others what the Experts are saying.

It's also Clearly not Partisan when MSM presents factual information and when they Hold Trump accountable to his Lies.

Plenty of MSM are not Left Wing, MSNBC is not "Left Wing". Presenting Facts even if you're "Left Wing" does not mean you're Biased or putting a Biased spin.
    Do you capitalize things like "Clearly" as some sort of emphasis? Or is it a phone thing?

Either way, I'm pretty sure MSNBC is the news network most widely associated as Left? Like, even more left than CNN?

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

New York antibody test data shows that the mortality rate is probably around 1%.

That's not good news.
    I read:
    That equates to 2.7 million infections statewide -- more than 10 times the state's confirmed cases. …
    With 2.7 million cases, it would be around 0.5 percent -- much lower, though still much higher than the seasonal flu.
    Including probable cases it would be 0.8 percent.

However, there were also previous reports that the health-care system was overwhelmed in NYC (with patients in corridors etc); which could be a partial explanation for these higher numbers.

I'm in South Florida, surrounded by democrats, and other than my Aunt, none of the Trump fans I know are like you guys think. My Aunt is amusing, since she was pro-Gore, and thought Bush was going to bring in the draft, then made a big switch during his second term and went full crazy the other way. I resist the urge to reply to her FB posts about Gates and stuff. So I certainly acknowledge that there ARE folks like that, but most of the folks I know in person or online that are Republicans, don't act like your cult stereotype.

I disagree with your assessment, but...

Would that it were so easy, but I wasn't talking about Trump, but general things and the topic gets dragged to Trump again and again, so I figured I'd try to make my position clear on him and his involvement, but then I just got dismissed as a Trump fan. You're right though, there's no point to discussing it anymore. I'm not even sure if Acidbaron is saying I'm the known dishonest one, since how often do I even post in this forum outside of the gun-control thread? Meh, whatever.

Trump is a troll and a blowhard, and I don't trust him for much of anything he says. Judging by his actions though, I'm more pro than against. He declared he wanted the world to be over it by Easter, but that didn't happen. Did I blame him for changing his actions as the world required it? Nope. Did I make Easter plans with the family assuming it would be over? Nope.

If the media will continue to push for closure just to spite Trump though, it does affect my life. Flattening the curve is important, but that doesn't mean closing until a vaccine.

The main thing that amazes me with C19 is how little is actually known/ confirmed about it, and as I've mentioned, the mystery of how accurate any of the testing methods actually are.
    That's odd, I know plenty of Trumspters who hate immigration, immigrants, the media, and claim to hate government, all while loving that Trump has vastly expanded government. Fun fact, Trump has restricted gun rights more than Obama ever did as President.

And yet, here you are... talking about Trump. I pointed out why, his supporters feel any criticism against him, is a direct attack on them.

The bottom line is simple, he has botched this pandemic, and it was a fucking abortion on his part. He pushed lies, conspiracy theories, and ignored experts. his message was often incoherent, and rarely consistent. he's screamed at reporters who asked innocuous questions, and tried to belittle people almost daily. The experts loudly disagree with him, and whenever he has the means to do so, he attempts to silence them.

And, we already know you are a Trump supporter... so supporting a troll and a blowhard... seems rather foolish.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-04-23 at 05:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    People going rounds with a know dishonest poster is rather tiresome and derailing the thread.
    @Svifnymr is nowhere close to a bad-faith poster.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    The flipside of the hurricane comparison is that government over reaction this time usually means people ignore it the next time
    Not people who bother to think for a minute. It’s only called an over reaction, when a solution is a success. As long as leadership is honest, people won’t ignore it next time.

so it's a bit of a balancing act. "Trump made things worse" is debatable, since most pro-Trumpers I know don't listen to him as an expert like the other side seems to portray it.
    No, telling the truth is not a balancing act. Although, not listening to Trump, might be the only way to be a Trump supporter. The fact that your defense of Trump, is to ignore him, is telling. How about a president we don’t have to ignore?

Again though, most of the time there is no reason to bring Trump into this at all, but it happens so often in the news and this thread.
    If Trump listened to democrats in January, the shut downs would be over by now. The infection and death rate would be lower. The Dow would be over 30k and US would be leading the world. Trump chose to call it a new Democrat hoax instead... but, we shouldn’t blame him? Every other candidate or president would have had better results, because none of them ever behaved this way.

Other than the one suspect case with the fish cleaner lady that probably murdered her husband, the Hydroxystuff debate has not had an impact on treatment or any real harmful effects.
    Catch up on the news, the studies everyone was demanding Trump wait for, before spending tax payer dollars on shit tons of it. It does not show any help with the virus, but more people in the study died after taking, than those that didn’t. Another study has issued a warning that using combination Trump stated, was causing repertory issues and to avoid the pairing.

Fun side effect... this drug is needed by people with Lupus... Trump’s hasty demand to pull them all for places like Florida, is causing shortages. Harming people who depend on the drug actually working.

Who do we blame, if not Trump? No one but Trump and his cronies pushed this... everyone else warned him, but Trump insulted them like a little baby.

Edit: Had a meeting after in the middle of the post... I guess I missed a bunch...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-04-23 at 05:29 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

That's not good news.
    Actually, it suggests probably more like 0.8-0.9%.

20792 deaths counted so far (including probables) out of a supposed 2.7 million infected is 0.77%, but that doesn't include people who are currently infected but will still end up dying.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The bottom line is simple, he has botched this pandemic, and it was a fucking abortion on his part.
    It's probably been mentioned in the thread already, but have you read about the CDC's testing fiasco from Jan-Feb? Bureaucracy at it's finest. You'd think Trump & his deep state theories would have trusted them less.
    He pushed lies, conspiracy theories, and ignored experts. his message was often incoherent, and rarely consistent.
    I'll give you rarely consistent, but the rest, meh. I think you are over stating what actually happened because you don't like the guy.

And, we already know you are a Trump supporter... so supporting a troll and a blowhard... seems rather foolish.
    In spite of my statements that I'm not a Trump supporter, any time I agree with the guy I get labeled that way. I can view actions of his as either good or bad without having to declare allegiance, but the discussions are never conducive. I guess I should go buy a MAGA hat! Not safe to wear one in SoFla though.

Ah, but you got me again, after I accepted that I should just stop replying to Trump stuff, you pulled me back in. I would blame cross-posting, but here I am replying to the very post! Oh well, no more.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    but it doesn't look good when he's not even following the recommended policies.

Oh my bad that was from an earlier article. I didn't realize he actually did this multiple times lmao. Here he is caught in Prospect park again.

Here's April 6th, 2020 https://nypost.com/2020/04/06/de-bla...irus-outbreak/
    Caught again doing what?
    Following the order to the letter?

You said: "violating stay at home orders or not wearing a mask. "

Mask, check.
    Distance, check.
    In park that is open, check.
    Following stay at home orders that do let you go out to parks, check.

Sorry ummm, maybe try again a third time?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably been mentioned in the thread already, but have you read about the CDC's testing fiasco from Jan-Feb? Bureaucracy at it's finest. You'd think Trump & his deep state theories would have trusted them less.
    He called the warnings a hoax to attack him, instead of actually doing anything. Trump defunded pandemic response team in 2018, no shit they were not prepared.

I'll give you rarely consistent, but the rest, meh. I think you are over stating what actually happened because you don't like the guy.
    That guy claims to not remember the 6 rallies he had in February and March. You remember them, right? When was the CDC test fiasco?

In spite of my statements that I'm not a Trump supporter, any time I agree with the guy I get labeled that way. I can view actions of his as either good or bad without having to declare allegiance, but the discussions are never conducive. I guess I should go buy a MAGA hat! Not safe to wear one in SoFla though.
    Yeah, no allegiance... you just think wearing a MAGA hat is dangerous. I prefer Larry David wearing it without fear, but to have people stay away from him.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Ah, but you got me again, after I accepted that I should just stop replying to Trump stuff, you pulled me back in. I would blame cross-posting, but here I am replying to the very post! Oh well, no more.
    We are literally talking about a conspiracy theory that he pushed with the treatment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Actually, it suggests probably more like 0.8-0.9%.

20792 deaths counted so far (including probables) out of a supposed 2.7 million infected is 0.77%, but that doesn't include people who are currently infected but will still end up dying.
    Which is why I said "around 1%". The number of deaths already confirmed is the bare minimum, there's bound to be some extra on top of it anyhow.

So, 1% death rate.... doesn't sound good if majority of people get infected.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    but it doesn't look good when he's not even following the recommended policies.

Oh my bad that was from an earlier article. I didn't realize he actually did this multiple times lmao. Here he is caught in Prospect park again.

Here's April 6th, 2020 https://nypost.com/2020/04/06/de-bla...irus-outbreak/

City parks have remained open during the coronavirus outbreak, though components of them — such as playgrounds and dog runs — have been shut down. Parkgoers are expected to maintain social distancing or risk a hefty $1,000 fine.

so whats the issue?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.